MATCH: vs Wrexham (H) 01/10/22

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Which tosser gave away the penalty ? 

Think it might have been Okabue. A 96th minute penalty was a gift for them and a kick in the balls for Latics. Pricks on Twitter blaming Unsworth when clearly the rebuilding is nowhere near begun yet.

Will have to put up with it for a little longer I think until we get a bit more quality.

By the sound of it we had a few good chances on the break 2nd half but constantly gave the ball away cheaply.

Don’t forget this is basically the same team that have been shite since the start of the season. Unsworth maybe a good coach but he’s no miracle worker.

I’m confident our new backroom staff will entice the right players in and have us up around the playoffs come the end of the season!!

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Permanent losers. New manager same old shit. Relegation battle is now looming. 

It's practically the same team who have been shit all season and who are in need of bolstering as well as a competent fitness regime and some decent coaching.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Think it might have been Okabue. A 96th minute penalty was a gift for them and a kick in the balls for Latics. Pricks on Twitter blaming Unsworth when clearly the rebuilding is nowhere near begun yet.

Nah nothing to do with Unsworth, but there's a losing mentality at the club which will be hard to shift. Not to mention a squad full of average to shite players that he has to get a tune out of

16 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Been the same story so many times the last decade. Our team backs off, backs off, then concedes late on. Happened so many times I've lost count

Sick of it 

You knew it was going to happen.We can't play deep and never could.Attack is the way we should play especially  at home.

All the good work of the first half chucked away .

Look....we led for 85 mins against the best team in the league who WILL get promoted.

I wasnt there but in the commentary from biased Taffs we sounded OK and deserved a point.

Get Gardner and Hogan back fit, make a couple more decent signings and start to bring through the youth and we will be fine.

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Nah nothing to do with Unsworth, but there's a losing mentality at the club which will be hard to shift. Not to mention a squad full of average to shite players that he has to get a tune out of

I think the losing mentality will be replaced along with the players guilty of it, in the shape of Sheridan's signings. There will be no promotion this season, we all know that. The pieces of the jigsaw appear to be being put in place in the background, let's hope mid-table or above sets it up for the next attempt.

15 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Don’t be so ridiculously weak. 

I thought we were improved today.  We’ll get better, unfortunately we wasted a couple of months due to silly romantic notions of loyalty 

Matched them for long periods of that, and didn’t deserve to lose. All of them grafted and  we looked dead on our feet from 80 mins. I thought there were signs of some changes within that performance. We need to attack more and i’m sure Unsworth will be looking to do that with some incoming signings. Still 7 or 8 out injured as well.
oh and to the knobhead abusing Unsworth at FT give your head a wobble you absolute dickhead, honestly, some of our fans are thick as fuck.  

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think the losing mentality will be replaced along with the players guilty of it, in the shape of Sheridan's signings. There will be no promotion this season, we all know that. The pieces of the jigsaw appear to be being put in place in the background, let's hope mid-table or above sets it up for the next attempt.

I agree, even with everyone back fit there’s a problem, apart from the fact most of them are poor players, they are just used to defeat.  Gardner and Hogan won’t change this shite. A clear out if possible and I just hope in the process Unsworth and co can keep us in this division 

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Brad Knowles really needs to shut his Twitter mouth or step down from the foundation 

I've said before, his type was needed when at war with the club, it really isn't now he's an absolute gobshite 

Peter principle in full effect. 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Brad Knowles really needs to shut his Twitter mouth or step down from the foundation 

I've said before, his type was needed when at war with the club, it really isn't now he's an absolute gobshite 

I said this last week. Offers nothing honestly, but the OASF is a job for the boys. I want to join and contribute. Tried many times with no response. 

We were superb first half. Wrexham didn't have a sniff. I don't think they expected us to actually keep it on the floor and play tidy football. It seems like Unsworth told 'em to sit back and soak up pressure. You really can't do that for a full 45 minutes against a side who put 6 past Torquay, 4 past Dag and Red, and five against Dorking. I'm pissed off with how that unfolded. However, give Unsworth time. That first half was decent. KTF.

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Jesus, really???

FFS. 

Was equally as surprised to be honest. I just don’t get it at all. By all means you can be upset, but to blame the new manager is frankly bizarre.

We lost but we more than matched them for the first half, on the whole we played and defended well and I'm not going to blame the young lad Roberts for giving the pen away as he was goosed, it was a lazy challenge and it cost us, he will learn.

Couple of things struck me, Rooney was running on empty after half an hour we literally played with 10 men for the second half, he should of come off at half time as he did fuck all other than give the ball away, we had half a dozen running on empty and only three subs so inevitably we just dropped deeper and deeper. Another one is we couldn't keep the ball yet stuck Couto on who as usual misplaced just about every ball he hit, he needs to go out on loan and make his mistakes with some other fucking team, Unsworth shouldn't be playing him before Vaughan for sure, nobody again looking after the ball in the middle and our only baller getting splinters in his arse on the bench, weird. If we start with Gardner today instead of Rooney we win that game.

Thought all the loan kids, Sheron, Cooper, Tollett were very good, I'd have left Stobbs on as he defends well, Wellens is a bit meh for me, Fondop was unplayable for 45 but offered little after that.

Wrexham are the finished article and we are just getting there, we had a go but just fell short but there's no reason at all we can't be pushing on with two or three signings, we look more organised already and despite losing that's probably the best we've played in the first half.

Onwards and upwards.

37 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

can't get my head around why after years of tripe a new dawn beckoned and then a fcuking hurricane  hangs around boundary park.. we need Thai buddhas to bless that curse around boundary park. If it's not ying it's yang to blame

Archived