MATCH: vs Wrexham (H) 01/10/22

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes really, Rooney went missing other than to bollock the young lad for giving the penalty away - who'd run himself in to the ground, cheeky, lazy, unfit, fucker.

🤣

Atleast the passions returned

Onward to lesser teams and a few wins 

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes really, Rooney went missing other than to bollock the young lad for giving the penalty away - who'd run himself in to the ground, cheeky, lazy, unfit, fucker.

I think your being extremely harsh here. To me, you can’t call any one of our players cheeky, lazy or a fucker today. Unfit, would be fair, we were done after 80 mins. Lots to work on, but lots to take from that game which have been better than we have seen this season. 

A good performance first half. Kept them fairly quiet 2nd half but eventually pressure told. Was always looking likely they might get 1. We have no squad depth that was the real issue. A couple of experienced heads and we might have seen that out.

Suprised Rooney stayed on he did very little 2nd half and I thought we might have gone 2 up top to make things more of a battle for their defenders.. 

A sickner but the first half was excellent hopefully we can add some quality and we should be OK. 

Initial thoughts.

I think that's why Winning teams win. Wrexham found a way to win the game, we played really well for large parts the players put a shift in but Wrexham found a way to get 3 points. We would have beaten a lesser team today.

Overall 1st half very good we look alot tougher to beat, the defence did really well. Sheron Marshalled the back line well and was impressed with Carragher good on the ball and like his Dad gets tight to his man. Against teams where we have more of the ball Rooney will make a difference. Fondop played really well took his goal well put himself about upfront and even helped in our own penalty area, we can't really ask much more from him than that, Motm performance.

2nd half we really surrendered too much of the ball and they dominated the possession. As a result our defence came under too much pressure in the end. 

Its gutting to lose like that. But I think we should take the positives out of today their was small shoots of improvement there. It will come, we will get better

Don't understand the Rooney stick He dropped off second half (most did) but he brought some leadership we've been badly missing. First half was the best we've played for over a year. We actually had a bloody system so Unsworth and his team deserve credit for what they've achieved in a short time. Keep it up and get a few wins and we might just begin to see some belief out of this lot. We could have won that with more self confidence and composure under pressure.

Half of the season in the first half.

I don't get why we invited them on to us in the second - they offered nothing in the first half and our tactics were working. It might be fitness, but lumping it up to Fondop was counter productive because he was more knackered than anyone and it just kept coming back. 

As for the penalty - Jeez. Don't let it bounce, FFS!  Still don't know who it was, but basic individual errors have cost us so many goals this season.

Thought Carragher and Rooney were superb as was Fondop - might even hit a few more if he gets some support at some point. 

Not dismayed, the performance was much better.

Thought we sat too deep in the 2nd half when Tollitt should have been allowed to do what he did in the first half, that was to run at them.

Rooney will do well once he's up to speed and Carragher looks way above this level.

Gardner and Hogan back, another striker, a good winger and we should rise up the table.

been to two games this season chesterfield and today 

night and day difference from us from pupies to yard dogs fitness and winning mentality won out for them in the end and that will imrove for us continue to play like we did first half and we will win more than we loose .

only thing i can fault unsworth for was not changing things earlier 

also big up to Frank for appearing in the RRE for his pie and peas before the game top bloke 

33 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Other teams don't have the same fund's wrexham have right now

Do you think they'd be winning anything without it?

But we are losing, and losing badly against those so called lesser teams 

13 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

only thing i can fault unsworth for was not changing things earlier 

Yeah, that’s true. Especially Fondop who was done in after first his half performance. 

The other thing I would say is, even in the first half we didn’t create an awful lot. Fondop scored a cracker but he was isolated a lot, and we either need to get the midfield up to support him or play two up top. We’re fine playing the through the thirds- but if it’s a medium/long ball up to him there’s no one there quick enough to sustain the attack. 

My thinking regarding the drop in tempo is along the lines that the team are being trained harder. It will take a toll until their fitness levels actually rise. The team now has a good coaching regime in place and a manager looking to strengthen with more purpose and determination.

I fully expected a heavy defeat today. We went 1-0 up and I then expected a draw at least. Nobody can legislate for penalties in the 96th minute. The 96th minute, FFS!

IF Nuttall is coming to us, it won't be until after the game on Tuesday, which will hopefully be a win but, never count your chickens and all that.

Archived