FA Cup draw

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm surprised the Gateshead game hasn't been moved back 24 hours with us playing Wrexham on the Sunday...

18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

gateshead said no

I don't think they should have the option based on player safety. Every other League moves games to give players enough rest between games.

Funny how Wrexham and Torquay's games are both on Wednesday, but our game and Woking's are still on Tuesday.

Can see a few "tired" tackles going in.

20 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I don't think they should have the option based on player safety. Every other League moves games to give players enough rest between games.

Funny how Wrexham and Torquay's games are both on Wednesday, but our game and Woking's are still on Tuesday.

After a long trip to Torquay and back the Altrincham players had less time to rest than our players yet looked more up for it.

Why is that?

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After a long trip to Torquay and back the Altrincham players had less time to rest than our players yet looked more up for it.

Why is that?

I think that has been answered already, by Unsworth in his interview and by what we all know about the players.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Why is that?

It was their cup final. No seriously I don't know. But the problem probably lies within our organisation rather than the solution lying within their organisation.

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

yeah l agree it's wrong. can go out of the window late in the season with deadlines to meet, so that will be why theres no rule against it.

fair play gateshead, a tiny and early heads up as to their approach and planning levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, not sure about this one.  On one hand we’ve played 10 at home this season and won all 10, but I’ve got a feeling Parky will mix it up a bit and play fringe players to get minutes in their legs for more important stuff.  Banana skin incoming.
A sell out crowd, I believe. Not bad for a televised game with a 12.30 ko on a Sunday.

Safe travels to all who are coming down.  

27 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Well folks, not sure about this one.  On one hand we’ve played 10 at home this season and won all 10, but I’ve got a feeling Parky will mix it up a bit and play fringe players to get minutes in their legs for more important stuff.  Banana skin incoming.
A sell out crowd, I believe. Not bad for a televised game with a 12.30 ko on a Sunday.

Safe travels to all who are coming down.  

Nah, the way we’re playing you could win blindfolded!!🤣

On 10/25/2022 at 9:15 PM, Magic Mikey said:

I was just having a laugh about Mullen's boots. To paraphrase the great Daniel Kitson: people don't go round wanting to have their minds changed. 

It's a weird viewpoint to have though, that an inability to see the difference between political parties is a sign of maturity. 

Mullen was just virtue signalling......

Virtue Signalling - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

18 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Virtue Signalling - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

I'll take your word for it. I don't know him and can't attest to what his motives were. Any chance of a link as to where you found out about them? 

22 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Like wearing a poppy?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Like wearing a poppy?

Virtue signalling is generally accepted as making a declaration in a social or political context and as far as I'm aware wearing a poppy doesn't have any political connotations attached to it.

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

9 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Virtue signalling is generally accepted as making a declaration in a social or political context and as far as I'm aware wearing a poppy doesn't have any political connotations attached to it.

I should've been more specific, perhaps the signalling of people who are not wearing a poppy on TV - or maybe those poppy orientated decals that people stick to the back of the caravans.

I think virtue signalling is also the act of bringing to public attention those who do not display a suffiencient level of expected (subjective) support to something. 

I always thought the wearing of a poppy was a mark of respect for those that gave their lives for the freedoms we still enjoy. Whilst raising money for an organisation that still supports old or younger injured service man and women. My head hurts reading the deep intellectual true meaning.

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

I always thought the wearing of a poppy was a mark of respect for those that gave their lives for the freedoms we still enjoy. Whilst raising money for an organisation that still supports old or younger injured service man and women. My head hurts reading the deep intellectual true meaning.

Well the vast majority buy it and where it for your first explanation.