National League Thread

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Yes but this included about 13000 for the FA vase final. Speaking to some fans Halifax took about 8k and Gateshead 6k

I went to support my local team Ascot United and very few stayed for the trophy final as it was a 2 hour wait!

Not the easiest trip home either for Gateshead and Halifax finishing at 630pm on a Sunday night.

Next year we will take 20k to the final😉

I really hope a good run in the FA Trophy is one of our objectives next season. Hopefully our last ever chance to win it and the best chance we'll ever have to play in a cup final at Wembley. We would take so many it would be an amazing day out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Yes but this included about 13000 for the FA vase final. Speaking to some fans Halifax took about 8k and Gateshead 6k

I went to support my local team Ascot United and very few stayed for the trophy final as it was a 2 hour wait!

Not the easiest trip home either for Gateshead and Halifax finishing at 630pm on a Sunday night.

Next year we will take 20k to the final😉

Rail strikes  permitting, looks these will drag on for years - unless  there's a change of government.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

sorry!!!

l find the complete sentence quite sickening, but have to defer to its seeming mathematical accuracy.

but l still wouldnt go to the final 🙄*

If we get there I'll buy you a ticket Monty.

• Like 1

We need to win this FA Trophy, so that the current quote:

"The first former premier league club to play in the national league" that I am forever hearing on many match day broadcasts😬, will eventually change to:

"The first former FA Trophy winner to play in the English Premier League" sometime in the future.

NB. Wycombe Wanders are the highest place club that have won the Trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex_pat said:

We need to win this FA Trophy, so that the current quote:

"The first former premier league club to play in the national league" that I am forever hearing on many match day broadcasts😬, will eventually change to:

"The first former FA Trophy winner to play in the English Premier League" sometime in the future.

NB. Wycombe Wanders are the highest place club that have won the Trophy.

Or we could just get promoted back to the football league and no longer be talked about as a former Premier league club playing in Non-league.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've shovelled it on at 11's outright and 6's to get promoted, way overpriced if everyone still goes along with the theory that those who come down invariably struggle, I had Chesterfield shorter at 4's and us around 6's outright so 6/1 just to be promoted is way too big.

7/2 top 3 as well, I cannot have us out of the top 3 but prefer the juicy 11's and 6's on offer for promotion. 

We will be 8's biggest with most other firms when they open the book.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

TBF bookies are rarely wrong with the odds…apart from Leicester who were 5000/1?😂😂😆

A myth. They're 'wrong' loads of times but the essence of bookmaking is to be completely ambivalent about the outcome as they should make their margin whatever the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1