National League Thread

Alty 1-0 up at Bromley, Linney goal with a Conn-Clarke assist.

Nobody can tell me that these playoff teams have more overall ability than we have, they just seem to have a plan and style of play and stick with it.

They are also proving as well that once you are in them anyone can progress.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Nobody can tell me that these playoff teams have more overall ability than we have, they just seem to have a plan and style of play and stick with it.

Upsets me to think instead of linney we got Nuttall.We really haven't recruited very well have we? If only they listened to B.P.

13 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Upsets me to think instead of linney we got Nuttall.We really haven't recruited very well have we? If only they listened to B.P.

And Linney has missed half the season with an injury, but still scored 14 goals.

Watching that group of 13 year old pricks pretend charging the away fans and filming themselves celebrating is giving me mixed feelings about this game. Really don't want them to win, but then again I really don't want to have them lording it up over us for a 3rd time next season.

42 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep, so much of it is about organisation. And set pieces as well. We desperately need to learn how to defend and score from set pieces.

13 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Next years league is looking a grim one. 16 teams south of Stoke if Brackley and Alty go up 

Bromley 3 Altrincham 1 after 60 minutes.

Really not arsed who goes up. I’m not in a rush to go back to either club.

thought Alty looked tidy for a period in the first half but they were simply outmuscled by Bromley, who ultimately had more nous. It’ll cost Bromley a lot of money having to rip up that 4G pitch of theirs. Do they have to do that and relay a new one over the summer if they win the final?

I think if you look at all the sides in the play offs they all do play abit differently but you could say they are sides which are worth more than the sum of their parts. We are probably the opposite of that.

We all know recruitment wasn't the best this season, and if we've learned anything from that experience it is that you can't just throw money at the problem. So my hope is that we sign players that fit a certain style of play and that the jigsaw pieces all fit together.

Looking at the attendances at the games we would have taken over some of these place, particularly when you saw the empty seats at Solihull and Barnet, and a play off game at BP would have probably come close to selling out (yeah I know some our players last season would have shrank in such circumstances but potentially its a huge advantage) plus we'd probably take double what Bromley or Solihull would take to Wembley so that would be like a home game in the circumstances. Obviously we want to go up automatically but you would think we'd have a 12th man advantage if we got to the play offs next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

thought Alty looked tidy for a period in the first half but they were simply outmuscled by Bromley, who ultimately had more nous. It’ll cost Bromley a lot of money having to rip up that 4G pitch of theirs. Do they have to do that and relay a new one over the summer if they win the final?

Yes they do. Sutton did it I think, not a great investment as it turned out 

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yep. And then if they get relegated 2 years later a la Sutton - back to square one with no income from the pitch.

12 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Yep. And then if they get relegated 2 years later a la Sutton - back to square one with no income from the pitch.

It's ridiculous, international matches are allowed on 4g pitches,but not in the English 4th tier.

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Blimey. That's some return for Barnet, looks like he only played once for them.

Hopefully, we get the same for Alfie Atherton, although we don't seem to benefit like other clubs, didn't Rochdale get a massive fee for one of their youths?