Unsworth

To offer balance, I was sat in the GH paddock and fans were constantly shouting "get out of our f..ing club"  or worse after they scored.  Nothing polite in that and he did not react.  One fan behind me completely losing the plot near the end.  I had young family with me and it was not pleasant to hear so not surprised he reacted.  Not an excuse mind.

I would love to interview Unsworth post match… none of this tiptoeing around politely requesting ‘thoughts’ on the game - I’d simply ask him whether he has finally accepted that he’s not cut out to be a manager - love to hear his ‘thoughts’ on that one 👍

• Like 2

Just now, Whitts said:

To offer balance, I was sat in the GH paddock and fans were constantly shouting "get out of our f..ing club"  or worse after they scored.  Nothing polite in that and he did not react.  One fan behind me completely losing the plot near the end.  I had young family with me and it was not pleasant to hear so not surprised he reacted.  Not an excuse mind.

The only things I heard shouted towards him were people questioning his subs and tactics. There was some occasional swearing but not over the top.  Most swearing was aimed at our friend in the black.  I think Unsworth is very lucky that the crowd haven't started chanting we want Unsworth out en mass.  

3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

As a manager, offering up consistently dire performances, he surely must know that shit from the fans is a given. As a professional, telling a paying customer to "fuck off" is unforgivable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I would love to interview Unsworth post match… none of this tiptoeing around politely requesting ‘thoughts’ on the game - I’d simply ask him whether he has finally accepted that he’s not cut out to be a manager - love to hear his ‘thoughts’ on that one 👍

I would love to hear him say I resign as he's lost it or maybe even never had it.  The fans will never warm to him and it will only get worse with his attitude towards the fans. 

23 minutes ago, Whitts said:

But that is fine- when it’s absolutely awful. 

Get out of our fucking club, isn’t in the same league as fuck off you fat c**t. 

When emotions are running high, One is acceptable, the other is not. 

24 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

I would love to hear him say I resign as he's lost it or maybe even never had it.  The fans will never warm to him and it will only get worse with his attitude towards the fans. 

Pretty well sums it up for me.

His arrogance is only surpassed by his inability to improve the many previously good players Frank has funded him.

He's going to lose all the new fans .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Politely complained 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is exactly how it went:

Me: (shouting) Unsworth, Unsworth

Too which he looked directly at me.

Me: (showing a zero shape with my hand) Zero shots, Zero shots 

Unsworth: Fuck off

Would you say that was polite? If not polite, it’s definitely not what I would call out of order or not warranted. 

As said previously, after that is when I did use poor language back at him. He may well have already been pissed off at some of the things others have heard shouted at him, but him saying fuck off was directly at me shouting zero shots, to which isn’t directly aggressive or untrue. 

• Like 2

I don't like or agree with personal insults, but the facts speak for themselves. It's not necessary.

Both he, and his team, are used to top flight football, rarified and privileged football, as players and as youth coaches. They haven't a clue about the lower leagues. It's screamingly obvious. Totally clueless. Wrexham's manager is a lower league animal. That's what we need. Not someone who has no idea about life in the rough lane. 

Frank - you know life is a learning curve. People who's only experiences of football is at the elite level rarely make great coaches and managers at the lower level. It's a very different beast. 

Come home Pete, please.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I don't like or agree with personal insults, but the facts speak for themselves. It's not necessary.

Both he, and his team, are used to top flight football, rarified and privileged football, as players and as youth coaches. They haven't a clue about the lower leagues. It's screamingly obvious. Totally clueless. Wrexham's manager is a lower league animal. That's what we need. Not someone who has no idea about life in the rough lane. 

Frank - you know life is a learning curve. People who's only experiences of football is at the elite level rarely make great coaches and managers at the lower level. It's a very different beast. 

Come home Pete, please.

What I've said well before now I've only missed one away so hope some will give me a bit of belief in what I say on here.

Unsworth has a team of previous good players at this level .He shows no passion for our away or home support despite the huge cost of following our team and his excuses are both pathetic and repetitive and he never blames himself.Our superb home fans were treated to utter dross and will soon drift away unless he gets his act together. 

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, St92 said:

I spent the 12 months before the takeover telling everyone I couldn't wait to get a season ticket as soon as we had new ownership, regardless of what league we were in when the time came. 

Bought one the day they were put back on sale after the takeover.

I'll call it now, if DU is the manager, I'm not renewing. Can't justify £300 for the product he's providing.

If more fans take your attitude then we could have a new manager next year.

Ronnie Moore took us from 19th to 10th in league one, but he did not have the fans on board and season tickets sale were slow for the following season. Corney got rid in the summer for financial reasons.

Could that happen again?

The report from the BBC at the time is below.

Managing director Simon Corney explained in a statement that Moore's exit was "for financial reasons".

He said: "Clearly, a lot of fans had not taken to him (Moore), and season ticket sales have been very slow.

"People seem to think we have vast sums of money, but unfortunately that is not the case.

"We have to work within certain constraints, and at the end of the day it was a financial decision.

"It wasn't a pleasant job telling Ronnie, and he was shocked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Our superb home fans were treated to utter dross and will soon drift away unless he gets his act together. 

This is a real worry for me too. I accept that there were a number of free tickets handed out yesterday but close to 7,000 home fans is an incredible turnout given where we are in the league and the football that is on show.

The ‘feel good factor’ at the club is in danger of being eroded away.

I commend the owners for resurrecting the club but it would be a huge shame if this erosion is allowed to happen because they cannot see what is going on. 

• Like 1

I just can’t understand how a manager at any level can sit and watch 45 mins of the most utter dross performance any team can produce THEN send out the same 11 players to play the same way.

What on earth did he expect to change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely and utterly useless and he must go before any further damage is done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, he was called a fat prick by someone in the Family Stand...

He’s a man who knows what he might be going through, this is mess. What I won’t stand for is personal abuse, not now or anytime. 

If I heard anyone hurling that garbage I’d be the first one to shut them up. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, losesome said:

I just can’t understand how a manager at any level can sit and watch 45 mins of the most utter dross performance any team can produce THEN send out the same 11 players to play the same way.

What on earth did he expect to change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely and utterly useless and he must go before any further damage is done.

Right lads, it hasn't worked for 45 minutes hoofing the ball aimlessly when you get it, but I want you to go out there and do the same again in case it does, maybe one of your clearances will find the net

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Tuesday is probably make or break for them, another defeat and the heat from the baying mob will be too much.

Ditch the 4-4-2, we don't have the personnel for it and get Reid and Rooney into the team FFS.

I'm not sure Tuesday is particularly significant.  I think he might be unsackable.

We'll get a stuffy win on Tuesday to paper over the cracks...

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Tuesday is probably make or break for them, another defeat and the heat from the baying mob will be too much.

Ditch the 4-4-2, we don't have the personnel for it and get Reid and Rooney into the team FFS.

He's going nowhere. Lose the next 10 and it'll make no difference. Agree with your 4-4-2 assessment. Not a long term solution for me, nor is Sheron playing in midfield...

• Like 1