Unsworth

Ugly football is acceptable. We've not had time together as a team.

Mixed results, possibly acceptable, see above.

What cannot be acceptable is the lack of effort or energy across the side. Shite 1st half, 10 mins of effort 2nd half and if we've not got ahead they die off.

Unsworth clearly roasts them at half time as the 2nd half nearly always sees an upturn in intensity. 

Players are as equally to blame if not more than Unsworth. Taking liberties. Those 2 goals last night, wow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shrek said:

What cannot be acceptable is the lack of effort or energy across the side. Shite 1st half, 10 mins of effort 2nd half and if we've not got ahead they die off.

Unsworth clearly roasts them at half time as the 2nd half nearly always sees an upturn in intensity. 

Players are as equally to blame if not more than Unsworth. Taking liberties. Those 2 goals last night, wow.

You can blame players, of course you can, but, in football the manager always carries the can. You can't sack 40 players but you can sack the manager and his 2 stooges!

22 minutes ago, Shrek said:

There seems to be a reasonable number of people who genuinely believe that players are being sent out with instructions to not close down, not tackle and boot the ball aimlessly upfield.

I don't understand or agree with their views on this but I respect their right to hold them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There seems to be a reasonable number of people who genuinely believe that players are being sent out with instructions to not close down, not tackle and boot the ball aimlessly upfield.

I don't understand or agree with their views on this but I respect their right to hold them.

Out of interest, what instructions do you believe they are being given?

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Out of interest, what instructions do you believe they are being given?

I don't see as many games as others Branno but my take would be that the coaching staff are happy to set up in a low block and have games played out in the realms of fine margins.

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

When I watch a lone striker try and press whilst his partner doesn’t close down the closest player and the entire midfield stand still in a perfect straight line on the half way line, week after week, then yes, I believe they are following instructions

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

When I watch a lone striker try and press whilst his partner doesn’t close down the closest player and the entire midfield stand still in a perfect straight line on the half way line, week after week, then yes, I believe they are following instructions

Glad I'm not the only one seeing it like that, it's almost pointless the striker doing that if nobody continues the press in behind, they are being coached to retreat when not in possession which explains why other teams are quite happy to commit defenders to the midfield/attack which leads to us trying to defend overloads all over the pitch which gives the impression we are being constantly overrun, we play with a back six at times which creates it's own problems and we just invite pressure, a decent number 10 has a field day against us just looking for the pockets as our defence plays such a rigid over coached formation. We must have the worst stats in the league in relation to winning the ball back once it's surrended and this is a key area the better teams now focus on as well as ball retention which is something else we are fucking useless at mainly because we've managed to bring in an whole raft of players who can't look after a football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I don't see as many games as others Branno but my take would be that the coaching staff are happy to set up in a low block and have games played out in the realms of fine margins.

Yeah sounds about right in fairness. There is definitely a tactic there to go direct, I don't know if it isn't being coached right or the players aren't implementing it correctly but more often than not it's hoofed aimlessly forward rather than into Nuttall's feet/into the channel for Reid to chase 

He's out of his depth. They are badly organised, over cautious and lacking both drive and motivation. They are clueless. Then that have spells where they do look half decent, only for it all to flake away all too quickly. 

This is a league where you do the simple things, but do them well. It's Division Five and it's not rocket science. Look at Phil Parkinson. Did well at Bradford playing much the same type of football. It isn't complicated. He's get's the best out of players by being organised and motivated. He couldn't push on much further than League One because he's a lower league manager who knows what it takes at the lower league level. Yes, of course he's had some money, but he still keeps it simple. Players work hard, know what's expected and don't overcomplicate anything.

Unsy is from a PL/elite culture as well as managing youth players. He hasn't a clue about how to manage at this level and he needs to leave as a matter of urgency.

• Like 4

Be interesting to hear the thoughts of the board on the progress made or lack of it since they took over and what their plans are from here (and I don't mean off the field stuff, plans for colleges and sports complex etc. We need to know what the plan is to get some results on the pitch, consistently and get us challenging at the top of this table) Isn't there a fans forum planned for the near future?

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Be interesting to hear the thoughts of the board on the progress made or lack of it since they took over and what their plans are from here (and I don't mean off the field stuff, plans for colleges and sports complex etc. We need to know what the plan is to get some results on the pitch, consistently and get us challenging at the top of this table) Isn't there a fans forum planned for the near future?

You would imagine the plan would be improve performances and continue to invest in the squad when necessary, what else can they say?

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You would imagine the plan would be improve performances and continue to invest in the squad when necessary, what else can they say?

They could tell us their aims and be truthful so we can at least hold them to account on it. Not tell us we are aiming for the play-offs only to change it to staying up in order to protect Unsworth. Next they will be telling us it isn't to stay up but not to finish bottom

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

They could tell us their aims and be truthful so we can at least hold them to account on it. Not tell us we are aiming for the play-offs only to change it to staying up in order to protect Unsworth. Next they will be telling us it isn't to stay up but not to finish bottom

More board criticism today I see. Good time to do it I guess - morning after a defeat when fans are at their most pissed off. I presume you came on here in the past to demand the same level of scrutiny of Senior Club Officials under previous ownerships?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I see no desire or aim to get promoted at the moment. They should just rip up the pitch, put a 4G one in, and play for mid-table every year like the community centres we face every Saturday. 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You may, or may not be winding up the admins, but I’m thoroughly enjoying your moderated posts.

Keep it up, if you can.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

unsy is from a PL/elite culture as well as managing youth players. He hasn't a clue about how to manage at this level and he needs to leave as a matter of urgency.

Yeah agree, I recall him saying it doesn’t matter if we are at home or away. That is elite/big club mentality that you play same wherever as u boss games home and away. It’s odd then that his defensive tactics don’t link in with that thinking. He’s missing the lower league values of organisation, hard work, home crowd advantage that gives small teams little wins here and there. Without it u just rely on quality and when u aren’t a top team packed with the best players it doesn’t work 

5 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Yet they constantly come out after half time and press and hurry the opposition for 10 mins or so.

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

More board criticism today I see. Good time to do it I guess - morning after a defeat when fans are at their most pissed off. I presume you came on here in the past to demand the same level of scrutiny of Senior Club Officials under previous ownerships?

Didn't really need to, there were hundreds and soon thousands of people who were protesting against them but now the same people seem to be walking round with their eyes closed

42 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Yet they constantly come out after half time and press and hurry the opposition for 10 mins or so.

We always start the first half and second  half brightly and seem to move the ball around quickly but it lasts for five or ten minutes then resort to Unsworth shit ‘dont lose’ tactics 

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

We always start the first half and second  half brightly and seem to move the ball around quickly but it lasts for five or ten minutes then resort to Unsworth shit ‘dont lose’ tactics 

Several of the players are soft, keep playing them and you will get more of this. I despair now as soon as I see a DU team sheet knowing the same half hearted players keep starting.

Edited by BP1960