Unsworth

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, at least he's got them playing for each other, unlike the terrible body language of some of the Manchester United players  tonight and their dozy goalkeeper 

The players do seem to like the management team and are buying in to their style of play - and it is coming across in their body language… with the possible exception of Rooney 👀

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't care. I just want to win

Fair enough, and I’ve no problem with anyone who has that view. I’d settle for that if it ends in promotion, but the problem is, we won’t know that until then end of the season. 
I want to win, but preferably in a style I enjoy. It seems it’s almost become a crime now to go to a football match and expect to enjoy the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The players do seem to like the management team and are buying in to their style of play - and it is coming across in their body language… with the possible exception of Rooney 👀

tbf to Rooney l think he is our best player, but our current tactics leave him out of the game. l'd be throwing my arms about if l was constantly finding space and Sheron/Hogan kept whacking it the opposite way at 30 foot height. dont usually disagree with the pod but l can't agree with the 'just whack it' that pops up on there sometimes.

lm expecting this to be rectified in the summer with some actual Footballers signing for us.

its the point being well argued by yardog, L14E etc and it is massively valid, theyre doing a good job staying loyal to style and tbh it feels weird being on the substance side. if l thought we would play like this next season l would struggle on this side. however (l nearly said alas 🙄) the original bigdog point about the players' buying in is both evident and crucial.

Edited by Monty Burns
some actual
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

tbf to Rooney l think he is our best player, but our current tactics leave him out of the game. l'd be throwing my arms about if l was constantly finding space and Sheron/Hogan kept whacking it the opposite way at 30 foot height. dont usually disagree with the pod but l can't agree with the 'just whack it' that pops up on there sometimes.

lm expecting this to be rectified in the summer with some actual Footballers signing for us.

its the point being well argued by yardog, L14E etc and it is massively valid, theyre doing a good job staying loyal to style and tbh it feels weird being on the substance side. if l thought we would play like this next season l would struggle on this side. however (l nearly said alas 🙄) the original bigdog point about the players' buying in is both evident and crucial.

👍 The first @Monty Burns post I’ve actually understood! 

8 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Fair enough, and I’ve no problem with anyone who has that view. I’d settle for that if it ends in promotion, but the problem is, we won’t know that until then end of the season. 
I want to win, but preferably in a style I enjoy. It seems it’s almost become a crime now to go to a football match and expect to enjoy the game.

Everyone would love to take Scarlett Johansson home after a night out. But when you've had enough pints Susan Boyle will do if Scarlett isnt available. End result all that matters 😂

19 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

when you buy broken biscuits for 9p off the reduced shelf, theres usually one in perfect shape somewhere in there!!!

That’s exactly what Unsworth’s recruiting policy has seemed like, until recently.

If you’re involved in any advisory capacity with him could you please come up with a similar whimsical ditty on - ‘How to Pass the Bloody Ball’ when not under pressure. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Everyone would love to take Scarlett Johansson home after a night out. But when you've had enough pints Susan Boyle will do if Scarlett isnt available. End result all that matters 😂

That conjurs up horrible thoughts that require mind bleach but i've got to ask the question. If you've had that much to drink, would you be able to lift Susan Boyle up and pin her against the wall while you completed the deed. Apologies if i've made anyone feel queesy.

Edited by redlion
punctuation.
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, redlion said:

That conjurs up horrible thoughts that require mind bleach but i've got to ask the question. If you've had that much to drink, would you be able to lift Susan Boyle up and pin her against the wall while you completed the deed. Apologies if i've made anyone feel queesy.

Glad I ate my breakfast a good few hours ago 😂😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, redlion said:

🤢🤢🤢

13 minutes ago, daniel said:

Linked to the Walsall job on twitter. 
Can’t see it personally. 

He was linked to the Oxford United job on Twitter not that long ago. Even less likely, especially then.

If 2023 becomes the year of the Yard Dog, then we may not be able to keep hold of him.

43 minutes ago, daniel said:

Linked to the Walsall job on twitter. 
Can’t see it personally. 

If this was until the start of January  I'd have driven him down to Walsall but credit where its due since then his win ratio has been very good and it is a results and not entertainment scenario.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 2:30 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

No matter how blind I am, I will always have the cognitive ability to tell the difference between the two.

If you were to crumble Monty's broken biscuits on to their naked bodies, only one would ever read hotter than hell in Braille.

Pretty sure the twitter account that put this up is one that just parrots ibbys nonsense, so it'll be a totally made up rumour.

But it did make me think about what I would want to happen should someone come in from him. And I think I've now moved from the "don't mind either way but I understand why they're sticking with him" camp and into the "Unsworth in" camp.

Yes there's a chance a new manager would have us winning AND playing attractive football, but there's just as much chance someone new wouldn't be able to repeat the same form. As promotion is imperitive, I think we'd be mad to change a manager that has us as 3rd best in the league over the 2nd half of the season.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why would you get rid of someone who is producing top 3 PPG this year?

With Wrexham and hopefully Notts both gone,

Dave can continue this good form, stuff Dale both home and away and guide us back to the promised land.

Yes, it's only right he gets the opportunity 

• Like 1