Unsworth

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We need a right back and if we still have a few bob available bring in what we’ve needed for ever & a day, a Wellens, Sheridan, Byrne type of player to run the midfield. I would bin one of our strikers off + Hope & Tollit if it would help fund it.
Do that and we’d have every chance of winning this league!!

I agree, but we won’t sign anyone with an ounce of creativity or ability. The best we are getting is Green who is direct. We arnt signing anyone who is able to control the football and is good to watch. The brief is structured players.   Which is why we sit back so much because no one in our team can keep hold of the ball, never mind pass it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I agree, but we won’t sign anyone with an ounce of creativity or ability. The best we are getting is Green who is direct. We arnt signing anyone who is able to control the football and is good to watch. The brief is structured players.   Which is why we sit back so much because no one in our team can keep hold of the ball, never mind pass it. 

I can't have it that a good structured player can't control the football.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

The ones at our club can’t. Shelton and Sheron struggle to control and pass a football. The number 1 priority they have is to shield our 5 man defence. 

Correct which takes responsibility away from the back line who should be responsible for winning their own battles, Hogan particularly is always keen for others to drop in and thats because it exposes him, massive call would be to drop him but I think for the balance of the team Unsworth has to leave out Hogan or Raglan and play one as the left sided CB.

• Like 1

"I think one of the strengths of the football club last year was the unity between the staff, players and fans."

"Let’s stick together, there will be bumps in the road but when there are let’s all stick together and be loud and proud and hopefully we can deliver for you.

Pete Wild.

Can we have some of this here?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

"I think one of the strengths of the football club last year was the unity between the staff, players and fans."

"Let’s stick together, there will be bumps in the road but when there are let’s all stick together and be loud and proud and hopefully we can deliver for you.

Pete Wild.

Can we have some of this here?

No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:49 AM, LightDN123 said:

The ones at our club can’t. Shelton and Sheron struggle to control and pass a football. The number 1 priority they have is to shield our 5 man defence. 

Sheron seems to be coming in for some stick after 1 game. 

Seems harsh. He was my POTS last year. Think he needs a better partner in the middle (and better manager, etc. ).

• Like 1

I think Sheron is a good utility sub & can cover CM & CB if needed. Likewise with Shelton covering CM & RB. Starting them both together in midfield doesn’t work for the team if we want to attack.

it could do if we played 4-4-2 with brilliant attacking full backs & wingers (like when we played Milligan & Henry) but we don’t currently have those players to compliment that style.

Likewise, our attackers would thrive with better full backs & wingers providing service. We currently only have Kitching who looks to get the ball & cross it with reasonable quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Sheron seems to be coming in for some stick after 1 game. 

Seems harsh. He was my POTS last year. Think he needs a better partner in the middle (and better manager, etc. ).

He got a lot in the first half of the season purely because he isn't there playing a killer pass every game. What he's there to do he does very well

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He got a lot in the first half of the season purely because he isn't there playing a killer pass every game. What he's there to do he does very well

He's put a lot of tip-the-cap crunching tackles in. 

One that stuck in the memory was one against Wrexham in the cup, picked up nice and loud by the mics, when no one else in a Latics shirt bothered at all. 

Pops up with the odd goal too...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

One that stuck in the memory was one against Wrexham in the cup, picked up nice and loud by the mics, when no one else in a Latics shirt bothered at all. 

yeah Sheron is fine, but stick Shelton next to him and, well, wefuckinknow.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

39 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Can’t comment on the new signings- but he’s only midfielder from last season I rate, he’s a definite starter- just needs a baller next to him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Me and my lads sponsor his home kit and spoke to him after one of the games towards the end of the season. He said he's only ever played in midfield in emergencies before and last season was the first time he'd played there regularly. Great guy, mediocre player...

So there’s a few rumours knocking about (not from the usual troll accounts) that Peter Clarke called Unsy and our coaching staff’s training methods as garbage and that they don’t have a clue what they’re doing….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

So there’s a few rumours knocking about (not from the usual troll accounts) that Peter Clarke called Unsy and our coaching staff’s training methods as garbage and that they don’t have a clue what they’re doing….

Where can we find these quotes attributed to Clarke? Are they from verified reliable outlets.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Where can we find these quotes attributed to Clarke? Are they from verified reliable outlets.

It's a forum. Surely people can post about what they've heard from a mate etc without scrutiny. It's not as if it has been posted as gospel.