MATCH: Peterborough Sports (H) 20/12/22 - FA Trophy 3rd Round

56 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Notts Co are beatable… they only just overcame Maidenhead in the last few minutes of the game and conceded 3 goals in the process.

This league is generally shite and the teams up at the top are just less shite!!

We’re definitely improving and a couple of favourable results against them over Xmas could give us a massive boost.

I’m much more optimistic about our chances than I was a month ago!!

Everyone is beatable, we just need to be properly organised throughout the 90 mins. Between Reid , Nuttall, Abraham, Fondop and Tollitt there’s no excuse on the scoring front now 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Notts Co are beatable… they only just overcame Maidenhead in the last few minutes of the game and conceded 3 goals in the process.

This league is generally shite and the teams up at the top are just less shite!!

We’re definitely improving and a couple of favourable results against them over Xmas could give us a massive boost.

I’m much more optimistic about our chances than I was a month ago!!

We beat a poor Torquay side, people get very carried away after 1 victory we could easily have lost. We still have Dave in charge… expect two losses.

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We beat a poor Torquay side, people get very carried away after 1 victory we could easily have lost. We still have Dave in charge… expect two losses.

They didn't lose though, did they and how would you feel if they had?

I have two Man Utd supporting family members who watched the game vs Torquay with me. Both thought Latics played well, bar some hairy moments and were at a loss to why the team was at the bottom. I explained the the whole club ownership/Sheridan/Unsworth/new signings/consolidation situation. Both seemed to think avoiding relegation would be a cinch. They also thought Torquay were a decent side.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away but your pessimism appears to be unshakeable and there's no reason why everyone should feel the same as you do. Recent signings appear to be in the right direction and it seems certain that we have no choice but to stick with the process and hope the club's backing of Unsworth pays off. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I have two Man Utd supporting family members who watched the game vs Torquay with me. Both thought Latics played well, bar some hairy moments and were at a loss to why the team was at the bottom. I explained the the whole club ownership/Sheridan/Unsworth/new signings/consolidation situation. Both seemed to think avoiding relegation would be a cinch. They also thought Torquay were a decent side.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away but your pessimism appears to be unshakeable and there's no reason why everyone should feel the same as you do. Recent signings appear to be in the right direction and it seems certain that we have no choice but to stick with the process and hope the club's backing of Unsworth pays off. 

Shez!!!….init😂😂

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Be happy with 3 points off County, 2 would be acceptable. 

2 would be much more than acceptable, be ecstatic with that.
Against a team that’s lost 1 all season, let’s me honest, it’s unlikely we’ll get a win in either game…. but lets stay positive and we’ll see what happens. Stranger things have happened…

15 hours ago, Wardie said:

I mean the simple answer would be we've been absolutely dogshit for the majority of the season, particularly since Unsworth took over.

Are Torquay a decent side?  The league table would suggest not - maybe they were just a bit more "up for it" than usual with it being a relegation 6 pointer and it being on the tele.  Or maybe we made a poor side look better than they are?

Everyone is happy with the win against Torquay, but it seems you've painted a glass-half full picture for your United supporting family members there - which is all well and good, but it's also fine to hold the opinion that Unsworth and the team have underperformed for months in the run-up to the Torquay game.

No one's point of view, from whatever angle you're looking at it, is without justification....

33 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I've a couple of Arsenal supporting mates and they told me they switched it off after 20 mins and didn't realise the standard was that bad! Shows how far Man United have fallen.

I stopped reading when you claimed you had mates. Another post filed under fake news

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I stopped reading when you claimed you had mates. Another post filed under fake news

talks out of his Arsenal.

nobody that likes Football put that match on then turned that match off, as the entertainment level equalises the low standard and you carry on watching. IF you like Football.

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

I mean the simple answer would be we've been absolutely dogshit for the majority of the season, particularly since Unsworth took over.

Are Torquay a decent side?  The league table would suggest not - maybe they were just a bit more "up for it" than usual with it being a relegation 6 pointer and it being on the tele.  Or maybe we made a poor side look better than they are?

Everyone is happy with the win against Torquay, but it seems you've painted a glass-half full picture for your United supporting family members there - which is all well and good, but it's also fine to hold the opinion that Unsworth and the team have underperformed for months in the run-up to the Torquay game.

No one's point of view, from whatever angle you're looking at it, is without justification....

I get your point, however, the team is not the same one Unsworth inherited and definitely not the same one which started the season, so to actually have a glimmer of hope is not unreasonable, is it not? Latics22 said "...we could have easily lost", equally, Latics could have easily scored more. It's all about perception and opinions and my two red relatives are totally neutral concerning Latics, bar the occasional taunting. They enjoyed the game and gave their opinion.

You say everyone is happy with the win. 
I'm not so sure.

16 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I get your point, however, the team is not the same one Unsworth inherited and definitely not the same one which started the season, so to actually have a glimmer of hope is not unreasonable, is it not? Latics22 said "...we could have easily lost", equally, Latics could have easily scored more. It's all about perception and opinions and my two red relatives are totally neutral concerning Latics, bar the occasional taunting. They enjoyed the game and gave their opinion.

You say everyone is happy with the win. 
I'm not so sure.

Purely the fact that the personnel of the team isn't the same as the one that Unsworth inherited isn't reason to be optimistic on it's own, I don't think - it has to all come together before we can get excited and I'm not sure we're there yet.  The result against Torquay was good - the performance was better, but there wasn't enough there for me to think anything other than the faith in Unsworth is still blind.  It was the sort of win Sheridan would've got, without the backing Unsworth has had.

You're right however, I don't think there's a case there for saying we could've lost.

I'll take the win - we need every win we can get.  Relegation can not happen, regardless of who's in charge.

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

I've a couple of Arses either end of my torso supported by my legs and every 20 mins l flip between them and voice an opinion out of it and didn't realise the standard was that bad could you point me in the direction of where l said it was bad? Shows how far Man United have fallen.

thats what l saw

I see quite a lot of Darlington. They are flying at the top of National league North. Went with my Newcastle supporting neighbour to watch them 2 weeks ago, against Kettering. It was a good game ending in  a 2-2 draw, this after Darlo had a 2-0 lead. We both agreed that it was a good game, and a very good evening out. Although even though we bought tickets a week before, it was still 11 quid for me as a senior to stand. The catering was exellent, with burger and chips, plus a large tea £4.50. All in all a good experience,  played at a very decent level.

Fast forward to our game against Torquay a few days later. Which we both came down to. We didn't sample the catering, but my mate Keith stated, that just the one level up from NLN it was plain to see the difference in the NL. He enjoyed his latest visit too BP. And his ticket, again bought before match day for a Main stand seat cost 8 Quid. His one complaint though, was that the floodlights are shockingly bad at BP. Even worse than the Darlo 12 bulbs on 3 sticks set up.

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

I've a couple of Arsenal supporting mates and they told me they switched it off after 20 mins and didn't realise the standard was that bad! Shows how far Man United have fallen.

???? who gives a shit about the opinions of Corny and Blitz. Many supporters of elite teams have no soul. They do not appreciate or love the game. True football fans love all levels of the game and are not stupid enough to actually compare L5 with the PL. 

Perhaps we should all switch off when we watch the next Arsenal game because it will never be as good as the World Cup final and, therefore, they're shit.

10 hours ago, PeteG said:

I wonder if your Arsenal supporting mates watched Oldham Athletic 3 Arsenal 1 thirty odd years ago when Andy Ritchie opened the scoring ? Did they switch that off too ?

how good are they? suprised we havent had a cheery visit from a fan. lm assuming this is the biggest match in their history? that carries its own danger.

lm allowed to dismiss them bc lm ignorant of almost everything down here, but we best not see it from the players

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

how good are they? suprised we havent had a cheery visit from a fan. lm assuming this is the biggest match in their history? that carries its own danger.

lm allowed to dismiss them bc lm ignorant of almost everything down here, but we best not see it from the players

They're only one level lower and they are one place outside the play-offs.  No pushovers - that's reality

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

If they get a throw in against us, it will be the greatest moment in their history...

Archived