MATCH: Peterborough Sports (H) 20/12/22 - FA Trophy 3rd Round

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this squad really shit or should they be doing better?.

I don't buy that DU is coaching them into being that shit they can't beat Peterborough Sports. Going off this tonight, not only are we going to struggle to stay up, we will in the next league down.

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

I don't buy that DU is coaching them into being that shit they can't beat Peterborough Sports. Going off this tonight, not only are we going to struggle to stay up, we will in the next league down.

No Lags. 

It’s really simple mate. 

He’s just not good at his job. 

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think the tactics and lack of attacking intent do impact the game quite significantly. Plus they should have a huge fitness advantage. Sorry no excuses for the gaffer here. Plus we are at home which gives a proven advantage and we still haven’t won or even scored again. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Original squad was thrown together at beginning of season. Shez was getting very little out of them. DU has come in and got even less out of them. He has been able to bring his own purchases in and seems to be getting nothing out of them. On paper it is a squad full of experience and should be doing a lot better than it is. Personally I think DU has questions to answer as to why we are so poor. For me the tactics are wrong and not getting results but he is persevering with it and that is obviously 100% down to him

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Anyone else just Meh winning on Pens against these?

I mean I will take it a wins a win just sounds abit dissapointing that after a good win at home to Torquay we haven't built on it and from the sound of people who went it didn't seem like we put in much of a performance. So yeah "meh" is probably an accurate description yes. That said it was never going to be a walkover as I said earlier on.

2 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Can't see us getting anything from the two games against Notts County. For frig sake. 😭

Completely different scenario though. Tonight was a minor knockout comp, low crowd presumably, on a hiding to nothing against a team from a lower league.

The Notts County matches will be well attended and I suspect the players will raise their game against the league leaders. Also, you can get odd results over Christmas. None of which guarantees anything, but tonight’s game is meaningless in the context of the league fixtures.

29 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Completely different scenario though. Tonight was a minor knockout comp, low crowd presumably, on a hiding to nothing against a team from a lower league.

The Notts County matches will be well attended and I suspect the players will raise their game against the league leaders. Also, you can get odd results over Christmas. None of which guarantees anything, but tonight’s game is meaningless in the context of the league fixtures.

We're in a position where we have a manager with 2 wins in about 18 games, including 3 games against opposition from a lower division that we won none of, and we seem to be going backwards

We need to see signs of progress, so I can't really just discount games like tonight as meaningless. Every minute counts for us now or we could stumble into another relegation 

38 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You can't say this game is meaningless, especially when we put out a strong lineup. I don't understand this post of yours. Each to their own though. 

Well I went and that was a joke. We won on pens, but I couldn’t care less. I have no idea what we even tried to do tonight. Lump it to Fondop was plan B. Midfield awful. Sheron awful. Only positive is they never looked like scoring until they hit the post last minute. Gash, just like the striker. 

3 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

You can't say this game is meaningless, especially when we put out a strong lineup. I don't understand this post of yours. Each to their own though. 

I didn't say it was meaningless per se. I said meaningless in the context of the Notts County games.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I didn't say it was meaningless per se. I said meaningless in the context of the Notts County games.

A good performance and a good thrashing would have filled me with a bit of confidence ahead of those games. I'd say tonight's performance and most performances this season have been very worrying. We'll have to see what happens, I guess. 

Archived