MATCH: Peterborough Sports (H) 20/12/22 - FA Trophy 3rd Round

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like these obscure matches as they throw up something a bit different.

That said, playing in the FA Trophy against a team that sounds like a local leisure centre is certainly not our finest hour.

Momentum is important ahead of Tuesday, so I wouldn't change much from last Sunday.  Bringing Fondop in alongside Reid would be my only possible addition.

I’m making the trip up for this one - got a few things to do in Oldham before the game - so hoping that:

a) The game is on

b) At least a couple of thousand turn up

c) Unsworth plays two up top

d) We select a near strength side 

e) We play well

f) We win

One other totally random question - anyone here been to the Fox and Pine? Looks a top bar👍

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m making the trip up for this one - got a few things to do in Oldham before the game - so hoping that:

a) The game is on

e) We play well

f) We win

One other totally random question - anyone here been to the Fox and Pine? Looks a top bar👍

Yes been in quite a few times, the Fox and Pine is decent, good atmosphere and plenty of decent beers. 🍻👍

My :sauce:  tells me frost got into the pitch when covers were removed temporarily. The match on Saturday will be postponed until Tuesday, as FA matches take precedence over National League matches.

The postponed game on Tuesday will count towards Nuttall's suspension, so he will be available for Notts County.

19 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

My :sauce:  tells me frost got into the pitch when covers were removed temporarily. The match on Saturday will be postponed until Tuesday, as FA matches take precedence over National League matches.

The postponed game on Tuesday will count towards Nuttall's suspension, so he will be available for Notts County.

Yep, I thought that about the FA Trophy game - I mentioned it in the "pitch" thread...

1 hour ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

it was minus 9 for at least ten out of the last 50 hours hours and not above freezing atall for the same amount of time. temporary cover removal wouldnt cause it, it would happen naturally.

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

it was minus 9 for at least ten out of the last 50 hours hours and not above freezing atall for the same amount of time. temporary cover removal wouldnt cause it, it would happen naturally.

John Kettley is a Latics fan...

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I like these obscure matches as they throw up something a bit different.

It used to mean teams like Harrogate- I thought that was for shopping Or Forest Green- is it an actual town? 

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That said, playing in the FA Trophy against a team that sounds like a local leisure centre is certainly not our finest hour.

Quite. It’s a set of floodlights away from playing on Clayton. 

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: Peterborough Sports (H) 20/12/22 - FA Trophy 3rd Round
23 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

a) The game is on

e) We play well

f) We win

Fell at the first hurdle 😮

If anyone’s interested here’s the FA trophy prize money from this round onwards (approx £100k if we win the whole thing)

Third round: Winners receive £4500, losers receive £1250
Fourth round: Winners receive £5250, losers receive £1500
Fifth round: Winners receive £6000, losers receive £1750
Quarter Final: Winners receive £7500, losers receive £2000
Semi-Final: Winners receive £15,000, losers receive £5000
Final runners-up: £30,000
Final winners: £60,000

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The worst thing about it being called off is that it pushes the Gateshead match further back.  I would've fancied our chances on the back of a league win.  Now with the Notts double header coming up I think it could be a depressing Christmas/New Year period.

I’ve just seen the Gateshead fixture called off. Why has it been called off? Getting a regular thing this🙄. Straight into 2 potential defeats now over Christmas 

20 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’ve just seen the Gateshead fixture called off. Why has it been called off? Getting a regular thing this🙄. Straight into 2 potential defeats now over Christmas 

Playing the trophy tie Tuesday instead.

Notts Co are beatable… they only just overcame Maidenhead in the last few minutes of the game and conceded 3 goals in the process.

This league is generally shite and the teams up at the top are just less shite!!

We’re definitely improving and a couple of favourable results against them over Xmas could give us a massive boost.

I’m much more optimistic about our chances than I was a month ago!!

Archived