MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I also thought that Clarke worked hard second half and made some decent blocks to keep the score down.

Unsworth’s approach just baffles me…

He brings in Reid, who scored 7 for Solihull, and then plays him on his own up front, invariably bringing him off after 60/70 minutes - is it any wonder the lad looks despondent and hasn’t scored yet? And to add to that, after taking him off, the manager then switches to two up front…

And furthermore, when a decent central striking partner in Nuttall finally arrives on the pitch, he sticks Reid on the bench…

He brings in Rooney, plays him in a defensive midfield role and then relegates him to the bench to become a bit part player.

He brings in two midfielders in Peck and Chapman, who have shown that they are not right for this league, while sending one of our own out on loan…

He sets the team up with 5 at the back when the evidence, from his previous attempts to play this way, has shown that it does not work with the players he has.

He plays Maynard as the spare man of the five and the lad just looks lost and confused as to his role.

Frankly it seems to me that he OVER coaches the players to the point where they are scared to play - no wonder so many just get rid of the ball when under the slightest pressure.

And as for closing down the opposition… we look like a bunch of kids against the big boys. Teams simply play around and through us.

I accept that we were up against the League Leaders but it was embarrassingly bad yesterday.

It’s now 9 from 39 in the league.

With the lack of faith in strikers how long before Fondop is moved to centre back?😄

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Little Wembley had a hefty investment to sort the pitch. 

The new players lounge. 

The fans bar. 

The multitude of small but many jobs around the ground- repainting, new guttering etc. 

Improvements in the toilets. 

I’m sure there is more, as that’s only from from pictures on twitter and interviews. Then add in a squad of nearly 40. Improved contract for Tollit- long contacts for Reid, and now colcough. And an actual fee being paid for Nuttall. It all starts to add up very quickly. 

didnt frank say on the tv interview before the wrexham game that he had now invested £13 million he corrected himself from £12 million 

30 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's amazing how long we've had a piss weak midfield for now, it seems to be a real blindspot for whoever is recruiting for us. Possibly going back to our first season in League 2 the last time we had a midfield that wasn't a total pushover

Never quite replaced Jack Byrne, Chris McCann or Ousmane Fane for that matter - that and RB are our main problem areas now the strikers are sorted

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Little Wembley had a hefty investment to sort the pitch. 

The new players lounge. 

The fans bar. 

The multitude of small but many jobs around the ground- repainting, new guttering etc. 

Improvements in the toilets. 

I’m sure there is more, as that’s only from from pictures on twitter and interviews. Then add in a squad of nearly 40. Improved contract for Tollit- long contacts for Reid, and now colcough. And an actual fee being paid for Nuttall. It all starts to add up very quickly. 

‘Buttons’ in the grand scheme of things. 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

At 77yo I'm no sprinter, bit still faster than most who  played yesterday.😆

about the same as Will I heard 😉

l rate him btw really liked his last spell in the team. lets not ruin him. and thats another reason l back Rhino bc l think he gets that.

8 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Never quite replaced Jack Byrne, Chris McCann or Ousmane Fane for that matter - that and RB are our main problem areas now the strikers are sorted

One I've recommended is Jack Byrne type Rob Apter, whose Scunthorpe loan runs out in January.

Not sure of the technicalities involved though.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

There’s no way we are spending what we earn. . . The money that has gone into the squad, and ground improvements is way beyond gate money/sponsorship/EFL parachute payment. 

Yes,  plus the manager and his team, no doubt on very good contracts.     

Even rich men have bottoms to their pockets so, if/when our leader goes it could well be a cut price punt or a player manager and he may well have to get by with the present back room staff.   I think we may have to swallow that when shouting to get him out.   The good news is that there may be another jimmy Frizzell hiding in the squad,  though it's looking doubtful.

Unsworth staying is not the worst thing that could happen, relegation is not the worst thing that could happen;  the worst thing that could happen is that Frank starts to feel pee'd off with the aggravation, starts to think he has invested in a basket case and begins working towards unloading the club.

Archived