MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

Hopefully there's performance clauses in Unworths contract? So we don't have to pay out his 3 year contract. He's another one like David Dunn who came in with the Billy Big Bollocks attitude of I know best because I played Premier league and international level. Too stubborn to change his tactics, not realizing that the players can't be coached the same way Premier league players or u23 players. He's dealing with players that are at this level for a reason.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DarkStar said:

Training ground collapsed and a rat infestation.

Injuries, sickness bugs, rat infestations, better have a clean up Frank before there's a visit from Oldham Council health and safety.😆

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Injuries, sickness bugs, rat infestations, better have a clean up Frank before there's a visit from Oldham Council health and safety.😆

After visiting the clubshop last Tuesday I came across a magpie pecking a dead rat outside the Rochdale Road end. How symbolic was that?

23 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Post match interview is complete BS. No one who saw the game can think that the team made an effort in either half. The idea that County were a special team is nonsense. Any team looks good if the opposition isn’t prepared to get in their faces and make them work and won’t put bodies on the line when they need to.

Pidge for all the stick he got, at least made headers blocks and tackles. I dream we had something similar now!

exactly!, or the fa cup would not be the tournament it is every year. U see pt teams who give their all beat better sides or at least run better teams close. We are miles off it, don’t lay a glove on teams, end up with next to no efforts on goal as per Tuesday. It’s garbage and should not be accepted week in week out. 

We've gone from having a fan favourite (Sheridan) who acknowledges and appreciates the fans to someone who hasn't attempted to build a connection with the fans and comes across very distant from the supporters. I understand every manager is different, but I just don't get good vibes from Unsworth. I get a feeling the players don't like him either. 

Just now, AnthonyOAFC said:

We've gone from having a fan favourite (Sheridan) who acknowledges and appreciates the fans to someone who hasn't attempted to build a connection with the fans and comes across very distant from the supporters. I understand every manager is different, but I just don't get good vibes from Unworth. I get a feeling the players don't like him either. 

Have to admit his insistence on being 

"Delighted for the players"

After Torquay without a single mention of the supporters pissed me off 

Just now, Paddock said:

After visiting the clubshop last Tuesday I came across a magpie pecking a dead rat outside the Rochdale Road end. How symbolic was that?

And all along I thought it was a protruding nail in my main stand seat. I'd better get to hospital asap to get a tetanus injection.😩

2 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

I'm convinced our spiral into the abyss, without a semblance of hope or trust in the manager or players, is conected to the non completion of the ground purchase.  

It beggars belief Frank, Joe and Darren have involved themselves with a youth team coach with no managerial experience and a bunch of, for the most part, totally hopeless footballers who are out passed in every home game I've seen this season. I missed the Wrexham game. 

If our freefall is not conected to the stadium ownership we're stuffed. Unsworth's 3yr contract is for better football brains than mine to explain. Surly they are dwelling on that now.

That's ridiculous 

I'd love to know what the Royles really think.

I can't see them being happy that their mate has been terrible but they can't afford to pay him off but then he won't resign...

Some tough lessons learnt..

44 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

We've gone from having a fan favourite (Sheridan) who acknowledges and appreciates the fans to someone who hasn't attempted to build a connection with the fans and comes across very distant from the supporters. I understand every manager is different, but I just don't get good vibes from Unsworth. I get a feeling the players don't like him either. 

He can be detached from the fans you don't win games by clapping the fans. I actually only ever want the players to come over to the fans when we win or at the very least get a credible draw/performance. I believe as a fan I actually think it's my job to applaud the players/manager if they give a good performance. If you play shit and its a bad defeat get down the tunnel no point going over to the fans half which will scream blue murder. He's not winning games that's the problem. I don't care how he does it every manager should try and do it there own way just put some performances together.

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'd love to know what the Royles really think.

I can't see them being happy that their mate has been terrible but they can't afford to pay him off but then he won't resign...

Some tough lessons learnt..

We've been signing players on 3 year deals we can afford to get rid of him if we really actually want too. We've said this about managers for years we always find a way to sack them.

It's frustrating because I've wanted us to take a long termist approach for years we seem to be finally doing that and it looks more and more like we've made the wrong choice. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He can be detached from the fans you don't win games by clapping the fans. I actually only ever want the players to come over to the fans when we win or at the very least get a credible draw/performance. I believe as a fan I actually think it's my job to applaud the players/manager if they give a good performance. He's not winning games that's the problem.

Do you not think there should be some acknowledgement by the players and management that the fans have paid, travelled and offered support, when they didn't need to, regardless of the result?

Does it affect the results whether he comes over not?  No.  It's just common courtesy and creates a connection, which might make him more amiable to the fans..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Do you not think there should be some acknowledgement by the players and management that the fans have paid, travelled and offered support, when they didn't need to, regardless of the result?

Does it affect the results whether he comes over not?  No.  It's just common courtesy and creates a connection, which might make him more amiable to the fans..

Or he'll just come over and get abuse. Would you?

At what point does Joe Royle's reputation start to become tarnished in all this? Like many, I was there long before and during the glory years, JR could do no wrong and I'll be eternally grateful for the times he gave us. But... he recommended Graeme Sharp as his successor, he then recommended another complete disaster to us (was it Dave Penny??) and now he's appointed this guy...

Just now, JoeP said:

Yes if they've done well. If they had come over today alot of people would have yelled it would have been ugly and it would have solved nothing. 

The players will know how the fans feel they will see it on social media afterwards and during the game from the stands without going over to the fans at the end. I've never felt the need to be applauded just for turning up to an away game. If the players want to thank me put a performance in during the 90 minuted that's the best way they can thank me.

Some of the players might read this message board if they do and want to thank us for our support. You have a game new years day against today's opponents go put a performance in.

Archived