MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

youre double wrong.

joined as a manager and finished 19th.

corrected.

l can see that reads a bit tetchy, but youre just making stuff up so.

Not making anything up and I did say that I could be wrong but I seem to remember that he had some success.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still think the Hogan/Clarke partnership is asking for trouble. Will do OK against absolute cloggers but as soon as people try running at them or playing in behind them, then we have serious problems...

Worst thing fir me is how static the midfield are. 4 in a line at points yesterday. Someone runs last, nobody tracks, easy ball through past 4

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still think the Hogan/Clarke partnership is asking for trouble. Will do OK against absolute cloggers but as soon as people try running at them or playing in behind them, then we have serious problems...

This. 100 times over...

17 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

You didn't see Sefil then?

haha I’d wiped him from my memory until u commented. And to try and bring this back to current situation I’m very much that although the players aren’t great I feel tactics/manager are having a big influence on things atm as we should be at least competitive. It’s not that we need a tackler or unit patrolling the middle of the park we just look like we have no clue as to how this tactics works/wins games and by sounds of it from last 15 yesterday players have lost faith now as well 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There’s no way we are spending what we earn. . . The money that has gone into the squad, and ground improvements is way beyond gate money/sponsorship/EFL parachute payment. 

ground improvements? 

47 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

weve both said this a lot now. it needs sorting. their second was bc Clarke had to give the free kick away. l get we can reset etc but if you give the free kick away to stop the chance all match then youre overly dicing with possibilities/probabilities. them yesterday arent a division 5 side, so dont offer up a division 5 CB pairing then. okagbue situation bit of a farce.

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Agreed.Time to give Will Sutton a go I think.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There’s no way we are spending what we earn. . . The money that has gone into the squad, and ground improvements is way beyond gate money/sponsorship/EFL parachute payment. 

youre right we will be 'getting creative'  in the accounts dept, but when it comes to ground inprovements l think Frank has done all them himself by hand n ladder the massive legend 😍

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

ground improvements? 

Little Wembley had a hefty investment to sort the pitch. 

The new players lounge. 

The fans bar. 

The multitude of small but many jobs around the ground- repainting, new guttering etc. 

Improvements in the toilets. 

I’m sure there is more, as that’s only from from pictures on twitter and interviews. Then add in a squad of nearly 40. Improved contract for Tollit- long contacts for Reid, and now colcough. And an actual fee being paid for Nuttall. It all starts to add up very quickly. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Little Wembley had a hefty investment to sort the pitch. 

The new players lounge. 

The fans bar. 

The multitude of small but many jobs around the ground- repainting, new guttering etc. 

Improvements in the toilets. 

I’m sure there is more, as that’s only from from pictures on twitter and interviews. Then add in a squad of nearly 40. Improved contract for Tollit- long contacts for Reid, and now colcough. And an actual fee being paid for Nuttall. It all starts to add up very quickly. 

if Colclough is here theres gona be a fee paid there aswell.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

youre double wrong.

joined as a manager and finished 19th.

corrected.

l can see that reads a bit tetchy, but youre just making stuff up so.

53 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Not making anything up and I did say that I could be wrong but I seem to remember that he had some success.

I think hes right on this occasion 

Big Joe did trchnically sign as player manage, im sure, knee injury meant he never played 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think hes right on this occasion 

Big Joe did trchnically sign as player manage, im sure, knee injury meant he never played 

yeah but we didnt have one or two years of success thata what lm on about it was exactly like this but without social media. lm guessing that's a part in the Royle family thinking on this matter too.

also in the book he opens with a story about being the manager who turned up on the back of a lorry (even tho he was in the passenger seat).

Archived