MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

25 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Anybody really that suprised by todays result

Date

H/A Opponent Competition KO/Score Attd Scorers
Sat 6 Aug H Maidenhead United National League (2)3 - 0(0) 6,331 Langstaff (2), Taylor
Sat 13 Aug A Boreham Wood National League (1)2 - 2(1) 1,303 Rodrigues (pen), Mitchell
Tue 16 Aug A Gateshead National League (0)1 - 1(0) 1,825 Storey (og)
Sat 20 Aug H Chesterfield National League (0)2 - 2(1) 8,287 Langstaff (2)
Sat 27 Aug A FC Halifax Town National League (2)4 - 1(0) 2,371 Langstaff (2), Scott
Mon 29 Aug H Solihull Moors National League (0)1 - 0(0) 7,004 Chicksen
Sat 3 Sep A Dagenham & Redbridge National League (3)5 - 0(0) 1,722 Langstaff (3), Scott, Chicksen
Tue 13 Sep H Aldershot Town National League (0)2 - 0(0) 5,607 Scott, Langstaff
Sat 17 Sep A Dorking Wanderers National League (0)1 - 3(1) 2,402 Scott
Sat 24 Sep A York City National League (2)3 - 1(1) 6,759 Castro, Langstaff (2)
Sat 1 Oct H Altrincham National League (2)3 - 1(0) 6,458 Langstaff (3)
Tue 4 Oct H Wrexham National League (1)1 - 0(0) 10,741 Langstaff
Sat 8 Oct A Woking National League (3)3 - 2(1) 3,267 Scott (3)
Sat 15 Oct H Coalville Town FA Cup 4Q (1)2 - 3(2) 5,063 Austin (2)
Fri 21 Oct H Maidstone United National League (1)3 - 0(0) 6,765 Langstaff, Scott (2)
Tue 25 Oct A Wealdstone National League (4)6 - 1(0) 1,710 Langstaff, Palmer, Chicksen, Nemane, Bajrami (2)
Sat 29 Oct H Torquay United National League (2)4 - 0(0) 7,563 Rawlinson, Castro, Bajrami (2)
Tue 1 Nov H Bromley National League (1)1 - 1(0) 6,389 Chicksen
Tue 8 Nov A Southend United National League (1)2 - 2(0) 6,603 Langstaff, Scott
Sat 12 Nov A Eastleigh National League (0)2 - 0(0) 3,055  
Sat 19 Nov H Yeovil Town National League (0)0 - 0(0) 16,511  
Sat 3 Dec A Scunthorpe United National League (3)4 - 1(1) 4,196 Castro, O'Brien, Langstaff, Scott
Sat 10 Dec A Maidenhead United National League (3)4 - 3(1) 1,467 Castro, Langstaff (2)
Tue 13 Dec H Gateshead National League (1)2 - 0(0) 5,539 Francis
Tue 20 Dec H Chorley FA Trophy 3 (2)2 - 1(1)   Austin, Leather (og)
Mon 26 Dec H Oldham Athletic National League (4)4 - 1(1) 9,789 Scott (2)

That’s an invaluable post for anyone unaware of our results this season or our current league position. Thank you so much.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Say what??? 

Half time. 

Why did you ignore what I wanted and start to flying into tackles? 

Because we don’t agree with anything you’ve told us, so we decided to show some pride and just do what we want. 

😂😂

Right. So players not to blame at all. Sound

1 minute ago, steveecky said:

Does anybody else think that if we had a quicker back 4, we could defend higher up and not leave such big gaps between defence, midfield and the forward(s). County players just walked into the space in front of the defence.

Yes

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Right. So players not to blame at all. Sound

I didn’t say that. You’ve made that up. 

You said if the players don’t like sitting back show some pride and get stuck in. But it doesn’t work like that does it. They are playing to a shape/formation/ and tactics that has been given to them by the manager. They can’t just go awol and do what they want. Well, they can but they won’t play the following week. 

43 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Anybody really that suprised by todays result

Not surprised we lost but the manner in which we lost was shocking. It's not just the Notts County loss is it though, penrhyn? You could pick out many games where we have been utterly atrocious; and some against very poor sides indeed.

11 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Does anybody else think that if we had a quicker back 4, we could defend higher up and not leave such big gaps between defence, midfield and the forward(s). County players just walked into the space in front of the defence.

probably almost everybody!

20 minutes ago, steveecky said:

If it were me I'd give young Sutton a chance, preferably at centre back for Hogan who doesnt look right after his long term injury, but he could play right back providing he has a good winger in front of him.

If we could get young Carragher back alongside Sutton that could make a difference.

To me we need to strengthen the midfield and a right back. . Think Gardner is finished he was resposible for 2 goals today .The other two goals came from Sherons side he is not a full back . He got skinned by their centre back Cameron although he crossed for Nuttalls goal, I think he would be better in midfield.Notts looked a really good side , Matty Palmer had a good game never gave the ball away always in space . We looked to be devoid of bite , guile, quality, and work in midfield.  Thats the problem area again, we are inviting too much pressure on the defence.

Notts fan here. 

Always had a soft spot for Oldham as seen you guys as a similar team to us, similar size crowds and both fallen from the top flight. 

Onto today. The best way I can sum it up is that Notts fans felt sorry for you guys, no team wants fans to feel pity for them. 

We are a few years ahead of you guys really but also lucky we have never had a season finishing below 6th in this league. 

You did play with 2 up front and I do think you've got goals in the team the issue is the midfield. There is no passion or fight. At times it was like watching a testimonial and people round me were chatting like we were at a pre season friendly. 

Fingers crossed after new year you guys get out of this mess otherwise I'm sure your new owner will stick with you and you will be back - Stockport dropped to NLN and have come back from it but I wouldn't think it's an easy journey 

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

how is Matty Palmer all the way down here?????

We just got him to sign a new contract too. He's like a roll Royce's for us and played every minute last season. Today we took him off for John Bostock 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet another Unsworth masterclass today.

The way we were setup, with five at the back and players who seemed more preoccupied with maintaining their shape than playing football, was our downfall.
The team has to shoulder a lot of the blame but the players were simply afraid to play and a lack of confidence was evident throughout.
Unsworth doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing and reacted far too late in changing things. 
Notts County were toying with us for most of the match and it was a thoroughly depressing watch.

The only other positive, apart from Nuttall, was the Navigation - top top pub 👍

Correct Notts knew how we'd set up and played accordingly, Matt Palmer dropped in and started everything off, they overloaded the midfield and we just couldn't compete, when we did have the ball they moved incredibly quickly to win it back or we gave it them back through lack of quality, likes of Gardner and Maynard don't look arsed, Chapman has lost all enthusiasm and Peck is largely anonymous, why he turns to Couto is baffling he'd struggle to catch at Curzon and isn't even a midfielder.

One player we have on the books who we could play through and attempt to link play is out on loan, we don't have a right back, need someone like Bostock in midfield who was only a sub today for County, have half a dozen strikers yet played a fucking useless 5-3-1-1 which killed Tollit and isolated Nuttall who showed glimpses to be fair, this 4-3-3 he talks about is bullshit, County played two at the back at times because they know Unsworth is fucking negative and wanted to keep the game tight, if we start today with Reid, Nuttall and Abraham up front we give them something to think about but they just strolled around taking the piss.

Out of those that started today only Kitching, Nuttall and Reid come out with any sort of credit the rest just weren't good enough and in some cases embarrassing, I think Unsworth knows he's safe otherwise he wouldn't have this air of arrogance and total lack of self awareness about him, I dislike him because he lacks basic principles I'd like to see in any manager and he talks shite, constantly and blames anyone but himself, not sure of the sense in keeping him given it appears his own players can't even be arsed running for him or following basic instructions. 

What a fucking mess this flawed recruitment process has thrown up, I'm pretty sure if Manchester Cabins employed such an incompetent manager the Rothwells would not hesitate to make the right business decision particularly when the mistakes made run into thousands of pounds, isn't it strange that football seems to support these types and clubs continue to throw good money after bad to get out of holes, it invariably ends in tears and I fear so on this occasion.

Bit odd that Abraham wasn’t even on the bench given that he’d scored his first league goal (and the winner) in our previous league match.

And this new keeper appears on the bench again. Was he not allowed to play in the FA competition? I bet Letweiller is pissed off saving 3 pens then completely dropped.

47 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Bit odd that Abraham wasn’t even on the bench given that he’d scored his first league goal (and the winner) in our previous league match.

And this new keeper appears on the bench again. Was he not allowed to play in the FA competition? I bet Letweiller is pissed off saving 3 pens then completely dropped.

More Unsworth magic, Fondop the only player who tried/scored for him no longer gets a sniff, absolutely clueless manager. 

19 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Not one person on here can tell me Ousmane Fane wouldn’t walk into our midfield. 

he’d def get a game in this team coz he can’t pass a football either. He would have the least talent in this squad and that’s saying something but do appreciate he could tackle. Thank god I’ll never see him again 

7 hours ago, hr1981 said:

We just got him to sign a new contract too. He's like a roll Royce's for us and played every minute last season. Today we took him off for John Bostock 

he was for is too. seen him released a few times, felt puzzled by it and just assumed he would get a higher league club. he is exactly what we are missing, we just couldnt cope with your full press today. the way you play is perfect for him.

6 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

l bet Letweiller is pissed off saving 3 pens then completely dropped.

good. hopefully he will leave, he isnt good enough.

Abraham(s) was puzzling tho, hopefully he isnt going anywhere. four decent centre forwards on the books, 5 if you include Porter. which l don't bc he is a crock.

Archived