MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I want him gone but going over to the fans isn't in his job remit. It definitely isn't part of his job. Silly idea

He'll get his wish very soon, as there won't be any fan's giving up their time and money to support his nonsense.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Bit odd that Abraham wasn’t even on the bench given that he’d scored his first league goal (and the winner) in our previous league match.

And this new keeper appears on the bench again. Was he not allowed to play in the FA competition? I bet Letweiller is pissed off saving 3 pens then completely dropped.

Keeper was cup tied but why we signed him at all is a mystery 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Keeper was cup tied but why we signed him at all is a mystery 

bc he is better than Lootbagger, he has some decent attributes, is a prospect and was cheap as fuck. oh and we only had one keeper available due to covid.

is Football the only workplace that bothers about Covid these days?

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Out of those that started today only Kitching, Nuttall and Reid come out with any sort of credit the rest just weren't good enough and in some cases embarrassing

I also thought that Clarke worked hard second half and made some decent blocks to keep the score down.

Unsworth’s approach just baffles me…

He brings in Reid, who scored 7 for Solihull, and then plays him on his own up front, invariably bringing him off after 60/70 minutes - is it any wonder the lad looks despondent and hasn’t scored yet? And to add to that, after taking him off, the manager then switches to two up front…

And furthermore, when a decent central striking partner in Nuttall finally arrives on the pitch, he sticks Reid on the bench…

He brings in Rooney, plays him in a defensive midfield role and then relegates him to the bench to become a bit part player.

He brings in two midfielders in Peck and Chapman, who have shown that they are not right for this league, while sending one of our own out on loan…

He sets the team up with 5 at the back when the evidence, from his previous attempts to play this way, has shown that it does not work with the players he has.

He plays Maynard as the spare man of the five and the lad just looks lost and confused as to his role.

Frankly it seems to me that he OVER coaches the players to the point where they are scared to play - no wonder so many just get rid of the ball when under the slightest pressure.

And as for closing down the opposition… we look like a bunch of kids against the big boys. Teams simply play around and through us.

I accept that we were up against the League Leaders but it was embarrassingly bad yesterday.

It’s now 9 from 39 in the league.

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

he’d def get a game in this team coz he can’t pass a football either. He would have the least talent in this squad and that’s saying something but do appreciate he could tackle. Thank god I’ll never see him again 

Get in the way, more than tackle. He was a walking booking

5 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

LOL, last time I saw Notts County they had Needham, Masson and Carlin in their side (Boundary Park, March 1973) - managed by Jimmy Sirrel, an awesome era for both clubs.

I worked for Jimmy Sirrel, great guy who knew exactly what he wanted from his team, built on strong  players with a competitive mentality to match.

Tactics were the same every game whoever the opposition, let them deal with us was his motto.

Nothing like we saw yesterday.

41 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The manner of the defeat is much more depressing than the actual defeat...

Defence and midfield needs complete overhaul - we've got good options up front but the rest of the team just isn't right. Still happy to let the board make the decision around the manager - the toxicity on here and the hashtag is worse than anytime under ALMO and must be making a bad situation worse.

A win on Sunday and everything changes - bad loss and maybe Clarke steps into the role with Ebrell and Jeffers?

41 minutes ago, mick26 said:

bad loss and maybe Clarke steps into the role with Ebrell and Jeffers?

No No No No No.

IF we are really going to stay on the six month hire and fire merry go down then we get a proper manager. Not somebody who is on loan for a few more weeks, registered with another club which had him in the team and only let him leave on loan for 'personal reasons'.

tell me how often he has spoken of his wish to hang up his boots and also how many coaching badges he is eagerly earning..

shockingly poor idea.

Squad morale must be pretty low. We’ve had relatives of players (Windass / Vaughan) tweeting & expressing frustration at the lack of opportunities. Abraham, Fondop & Reid messed around a bit & must be frustrated. Quite a few loan players (and maybe even their clubs) will be a bit puzzled (Wellens / Okabue etc)

We’ve brought in a lot of players but not found homes for the unwanted squad members. So training must be a real cheery place with the likes of Cooper, Burgess, J.Clarke, Stobbs looking at the current crop and arguably performing even worse than they did. 

We talk about the first half of Wrexham (h) being the best we’ve played all season. Only 3 players from that starting 11 are still regular starters. 

Unsworth is clearly struggling in his managerial role and I wonder how much input he is having when it comes to recruitment as he seems unprepared for how to piece his new team together. 

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No No No No No.

IF we are really going to stay on the six month hire and fire merry go down then we get a proper manager. Not somebody who is on loan for a few more weeks, registered with another club which had him in the team and only let him leave on loan for 'personal reasons'.

tell me how often he has spoken of his wish to hang up his boots and also how many coaching badges he is eagerly earning..

shockingly poor idea.

Just a thought @Monty Burns and not my preference at all but if he did step in as interim or whatever then he'd be permanent here rather than on loan.

Interesting listening to Stephen Warnock talking on Sky about u18/u21 managers not being able to react quickly enough during games to make changes.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

and if 'player manager' thoughts start to form, please don't write them down and post them. it doesn't work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that Joe Royle was signed from Norwich on a player/manager basis. Although I don't remember him ever playing, it did seem to work for a year or two.

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

The last few months saw Everton under-23s lapse back into bad old habits: five in defence, a reactive style and huge gaps between the various sectors of the pitch

Copy and paste this into recent match reports, it is something picked up by the match commentators yesterday.

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shocking opinion 

he’s centre mid and can’t pass. Yeah he tackles but ur so limited when he can’t control a ball or play a pass outwide never mind a through ball. For me the worst player I’ve ever seen. Good riddance. 

7 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that Joe Royle was signed from Norwich on a player/manager basis. Although I don't remember him ever playing, it did seem to work for a year or two.

youre double wrong.

joined as a manager and finished 19th.

corrected.

l can see that reads a bit tetchy, but youre just making stuff up so.

20 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Just a thought @Monty Burns and not my preference at all but if he did step in as interim or whatever then he'd be permanent here rather than on loan.

no he wouldnt.

he is contracted elsewhere as a player. it would be as much illegal is it is unwanted and needs putting to bed please.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

bc he is better than Lootbagger, he has some decent attributes, is a prospect and was cheap as fuck. oh and we only had one keeper available due to covid.

is Football the only workplace that bothers about Covid these days?

Kid can sit on the bench and Leutwiler is now a star...😁

Archived