Sack him keep him?

People must have changed their minds since the last pole?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Sack him or keep him?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seemed to have given up on this game before the start, that isn't the Oldham Athletic way. His flat passionless 'style' of football isn't for me and he can go as soon as possible. If he's still here on New Year's Day I might not bother going, it'll be more of the same negative bollocks and he doesn't deserve my support. 

If you could see at least some green shoots on the pitch, then I would be saying keep. But I have simply not seen anything to remotely suggest we're moving forward with Unsworth. It's just dire. Seems to like to blame others (the players, the past etc), when the reality is he has been backed far more than I can remember any manager being backed since Ian Dowie. It's a tough one and I'll back whatever decision the board make (they deserve that in my view), but it's becoming really difficult to justify him continuing.

There is just nothing there in the performance to say keep, we are going backwards despite a bucket load of money being thrown at it, I knew he was full of shit from day dot but wanted to give him a chance but the way that team has gone about it today he has to go, everything was missing down to the very basics like pride and desire, as fucking men I wouldn't want many of those in the trenches with me as they played like a bunch of shithouses, sad day for the club given the optimism the Rothwell's breathed in to us and not the position we should be sat in going in to the New Year, on top of everything though it's boring as fuck and shit to watch, hopefully he'll do the honourable thing and resign because he is way out of his depth.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I asked this in the match day thread, but it got lost in the pissboil. 
Are the board at risk of looking negligent by sticking with him??? 

I wouldn't say negligent, more in danger of looking stupid by sticking with a lame goose.

I chose keep, mainly because I had already set out what I expected from the next month and I had both the Notts games down as losses. Having said that, today's display was pathetic, and everyone involved should be ashamed. 

For me, he has until Wealdstone. If we don't get at least 6 from 9 in the games after next weekend, that's it for me. 

I daid a few weeks ago he needed time and the club needed stability.

Now I see absolutely no improvement, passion, work rate or tacticts.

Time to go I feel, feel for the owners because I wanted it to work out for them too, but its not and they need to act. 

Sling him...

I wanted it to work, I liked the idea of him coming in and rebuilding the team and using his background in bridging the gap between the youth / reserves / first team...

But it's just not working.

I fear the Royles won't shit on their mate though!

Archived