Sack him keep him?

People must have changed their minds since the last pole?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Sack him or keep him?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Have you heard his post match interview? Notts are a great team but BLAME the rats!! for the way we played.Get rid.the man's a tosser.

The rats? WTF is he talking about or is it meant to be some clever quip about the fans? 

Plot well and truly lost and now the "rats" need to turn it on big time. 

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Please forward this result to our CEO/Frank/The club.

No need they know how fucking shite he is, not a chance they'll admit their error they'll just keep shovelling money on the loser, how we have brought in Colclough when we play so defensively is laughable given we don't have a competent rightback on the books and the midfield is nonexistent, fucking bewildering.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why was Fondop left out again? About the only one who gets stuck in.

Simple answer is the manager is clueless. 

Signing, Colclough beggars belief, unless they told him Unsworth is on the way out and a decent manager is coming in. 

I only follow from afar now, but it's plainly obvious to anyone that Unsworth is utterly not up to the task. 

He has been given a bigger budget than any other manager in recent history, and had no idea what to do with it. The fact that the board have purchased two strikers, on long term contracts (something that hasn't happened in a decade plus) and he is perservering with his pathetic, negative tactics, screams incompetence. 

It's worsened by the fact he is an overweight, uninterested bystander through games. He makes Dunn, Kelly and Selim look like modern day Guardiolas. The fact that he looks the way he does is important - can you imagine being Ben Tollitt and having him telling you to work harder?

If he stays til the end of the season, we will be relegated. If we go to the NLN, we won't come back. This leagues is already the pits, it is beyond comprehension that we fall further. 

Pull the trigger, and get a proper manager in, before we're playing the Dog and Duck. 

51 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

The fact that he looks the way he does is important - can you imagine being Ben Tollitt and having him telling you to work harder?

Bollocks. Look at Stevenage and the Jabba the Hutt lookalike they have in their dug out. 

I voted keep, only due to the fact we're not cut adrift, and we still have time to get out of this mess. Defeats away at Dorking and Wealdstone would be the final straws for me; they're massively winnable games. 

I was sorely tempted to vote sack though. Closest I've felt.

20 hours ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

If you could see at least some green shoots on the pitch, then I would be saying keep. But I have simply not seen anything to remotely suggest we're moving forward with Unsworth. It's just dire. Seems to like to blame others (the players, the past etc), when the reality is he has been backed far more than I can remember any manager being backed since Ian Dowie. It's a tough one and I'll back whatever decision the board make (they deserve that in my view), but it's becoming really difficult to justify him continuing.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I'll add to that this team has no identity if we are supposed to be a hard to beat defensive side who nicks 1-0 nils then we concede a remarkable amount of goals and never keep clean sheets. We are poor going forwards we don't keep possesion enough we don't press to win the ball back anywhere near enough and when we do we don't transition into attack to give us a threat on the counter, so I genuinely dont k ow what he's trying to do.

What will be crucial is that when we pull the trigger a conscientious decision is made on the next appointment and the next manager and that we do the right things to get the appointment right.

I was quite firmly against a change in manager so soon during a 'turnaround' season, but there is now no real footballing case to keep him in role. I've seen enough.

Only way I could agree with anyone wanting to keep him on is that the pay off for him and his staff might be too much for us to cope with and put us in financial danger.

There are zero signs of improvement, in fact he's taken us backwards with more resources than any manager could hope for in the middle of the season.

It's quite difficult to understand his approach and how he doesn't see things everyone else sees. I genuinely believe that if you had put any pub team manager in charge of the same games with the same resources as DU has had, their points returns would be no worse than what he's achieved.

Archived