Sack him keep him?

People must have changed their minds since the last pole?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Sack him or keep him?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

I was quite firmly against a change in manager so soon during a 'turnaround' season, but there is now no real footballing case to keep him in role. I've seen enough.

Only way I could agree with anyone wanting to keep him on is that the pay off for him and his staff might be too much for us to cope with and put us in financial danger.

There are zero signs of improvement, in fact he's taken us backwards with more resources than any manager could hope for in the middle of the season.

It's quite difficult to understand his approach and how he doesn't see things everyone else sees. I genuinely believe that if you had put any pub team manager in charge of the same games with the same resources as DU has had, their points returns would be no worse than what he's achieved.

ignoring the fact that none of the signings would come sign under such a hypothetical scenario yeah

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of your position less than 1 in 10 wanting to keep Unsworth is pretty bloody damning so soon in to his tenure, I stopped going to away games when he came in as the negativity was spell binding, went to Halifax since and that's it, plenty after yesterday saying the same now and this support is going to start hemorrhaging at a rapid rate now.

4 points and 6 goals away from home this season is a diabolical return from a dozen fixtures so this myth that going with extra defenders and keeping it tight blows any sort of Unsworth bullshit out of the water, invariably we are beat before we step off the team bus nowadays, Unsworth and Co are tactically inept and do not have a clue how to out smart any manager in this division, they stick to an almost regimented system of keeping it tight until we eventually concede, how fucking boring and tactically naive is that?.

Honestly he should be made to listen to the first interview he gave, it's comedy gold.

22 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Asking the players their favoured position and telling them to just go out and play, would get more than two wins.

It's the just the instructions I mentioned in another thread from Neil Danns the new manager of Macclesfield to his players...last two league games both 4-0 wins. 

If we’re talking to Graham Alexander then GA vs DU is no contest.

Twitter suggesting we’re talking to GA plus DU has clause in contract whereby we can get rid on reduced terms… sounds like Ibby to be fair but here’s hoping 

On 12/26/2022 at 4:49 PM, latics22 said:

We’re getting worse! Have people changed their minds?

I said before the Notts County game (or double header) that it was a "must-perform" game rather than a "must-win".

We clearly didn't perform and there's currently no evidence that he has what it takes to keep us up, let alone succeed in this league.  So I'd sack him soon because the cost of relegation would be higher than paying off his contract.  Can't believe that it's gone so badly, but it has.

Unlike when Shez left where I didn't think there was an obviously better choice to take the gamble, at this point appointing John Askey on an 18 month deal would be an obvious step up and the right type of manager for this league.  I'm certain that he could get a tune out of enough of the current squad to keep us up then progress next year.

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Twitter suggesting we’re talking to GA plus DU has clause in contract whereby we can get rid on reduced terms… sounds like Ibby to be fair but here’s hoping 

Twitter doesn't suggest anything. It's a platform 

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

It sounds like Birkett or Barry 

Full of shit 

5 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's had about the same impact I'd expect a random bloke from down the local to have. 

Assuming of course that random bloke was a bully, couldn't count to two (strikers), was incapable of making a tactical change and looked like he didn't give a toss whilst telling his staff most of them will be gone in a few weeks.

Otherwise I'd expect a random who has seen more than 5 games would improve things.

2 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Assuming of course that random bloke was a bully, couldn't count to two (strikers), was incapable of making a tactical change and looked like he didn't give a toss whilst telling his staff most of them will be gone in a few weeks.

Otherwise I'd expect a random who has seen more than 5 games would improve things.

Hes a shit manager but where is your evidence hes a bully?

2 minutes ago, Fervid said:

New signing incoming tomorrow so obviously the board are still backing him. 

I'm sure they'll take action if results don't improve in the next 5 or 6 games. At least if a change is made the new man will have plenty of attacking options assuming it's Colclough signing.

38 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hes a shit manager but where is your evidence hes a bully?

I'd say the calling people out when they are not in a position to answer back or defend themselves has hints of that. Subtler than the screaming and shouting variety.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd say the calling people out when they are not in a position to answer back or defend themselves has hints of that. Subtler than the screaming and shouting variety.

Its a fair response, but football managers up and down the country have done it - Brian Clough suggested shooting some

Unsworth is an awful football manager but some are really dredging the floor to beat him with anything when all they need to do is refer to his Rats comment yesterday 

Cal McIntyre is doing wonders at Chester considering the mess he inherited from Johnson & Morley.

He’s the Pete Wild of Chester, is a young coach who speaks well in a way you can tell he knows his stuff unlike Unsworth who is all sound bites.

All hypothetical but is the profile we should be going for

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Just how many player's are we signing for Dave to get it right?

Smacks of desperation and if only to keep our heads above water.

If we get a beating again from county, he really has nowhere left to go but out the door.

Part of me hopes we get a 6-0 stuffing. Rather that than a 2-1 loss

28 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I'm sure they'll take action if results don't improve in the next 5 or 6 games. At least if a change is made the new man will have plenty of attacking options assuming it's Colclough signing.

Yip Colclough 

Archived