MATCH: Gateshead (A) 21/02/23

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Better and fat!
Seriously, we have a team of strangers, Gateshead have a team.

they have trained enough to know each other now. U have to question tactics and what they are doing on the training pitch more than team spirit 

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As I don't know much about football can anyone tell me what does Nuttall do?

You're only issue is about him running around. Why do u want him running round aimlessly when the midfield doesn't press as well? We need to be creating chances for the strikers. We aren't creating enough

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not even a thousand Gateshead fans there yet they have fat better players than us. You have to ask why?

30 years of poor club management, we don't the ground, poor pitch, rats in the changing room and unicorns on Little Wembley stopping training.

It's dire.  We're winning fuck all under Unsworth.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A disappointing result. Gateshead have proved to be tough opponents over the three matches.

Safe journey back to all the staff and supporters.

I wish you'd go back to your previous self and stop with the vanilla approach. :D 

Well we couldn't have had a better opportunity to get out of the relegation mix so far this month, and we end up 3 points above the drop zone.

5 wins from the last 15 will probably get us safe but on that showing tonight I'm very worried.

The players aren't doing enough and cannot be allowed to get away with that level of performance.  I don't expect Unsworth to be sacked but I'd have no problem whatsoever if we rolled the dice now.  He's shown no signs at all that he can take us forward.

Just now, latics22 said:

3 points above the line after 5 easy games, can’t beat Gateshead over 3 games! Embarrassing! Just go Dave!

Yes, it’s clearly not working. I cannot fathom how at this stage we can go up there and be the underdogs to a club with probably a fraction of our resources. 25 Games is it now? And STILL  hovering over the danger zone 

16 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Better and fat!
Seriously, we have a team of strangers, Gateshead have a team.

Altrincham just signed 4 new players and scored 4 away at high flying Barnet tonight, including another goal from the aggresive prolific scorer Linney, who I was told we had better in the likes of Nuttall.

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Well we couldn't have had a better opportunity to get out of the relegation mix so far this month, and we end up 3 points above the drop zone.

5 wins from the last 15 will probably get us safe but on that showing tonight I'm very worried.

The players aren't doing enough and cannot be allowed to get away with that level of performance.  I don't expect Unsworth to be sacked but I'd have no problem whatsoever if we rolled the dice now.  He's shown no signs at all that he can take us forward.

there’s literally nothing to give you any hope. No progress, same defensive tactics that pins us in our own half, even the wins come with poor performances with oppo missing chances. With better teams to come u have to think we are going to struggle to get many more wins. Plus it’s just a real tough watch quality and effort wise. How depressing 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Altrincham just signed 4 new players and scored 4 away tonight, including another goal from the aggresive prolific scorer Linney, who I was told we had better in the likes of Nuttall.

A testament to the quality of their set-up and manager and the lack-of from ours,

Archived