MATCH: Gateshead (A) 21/02/23

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And he could have just as easily have given away a free kick and got a red card considering he jumped with his hands for it 

But he didn't... I won't forget careering around a hotel bar in Kildare to the amusement of the locals

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Watching England women v Belguim.

A joy to see a manager who  promotes exciting passing attacking football. Playing with 2 wingers too, so much for being extinct and unworkable in the modern game.

Hardly a shock. The women's game is 20 years behind the men's game...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hardly a shock. The women's game is 20 years behind the men's game...

fairly disappointing comment 

their final game in the Euros was one of the best games I’ve watched for years and certainly better than anything Latics have produced for years

Im a homophobe though of course 

10 hours ago, nzlatic said:

That's the same thing is it not?  Taking our situation out of it completely, if you did analysis on an opponent and saw they had a couple of midfielders who were dangerous 20 yards out but they were poor out wide, then you could let the team have space outside and focus more on shutting them down centrally.  If they had loads of space out wide and did nothing with it, that's not good luck, that's good planning.

My main issue with Unsworth is that it appears that our tactics are league based rather than team based. As if he's calculated that if we play this way against everyone we'll pick up enough points to move away from the relegation zone. He's probably right.  But it's not going to sell season tickets and it's not going to lead to a sustained challenge for promotion next season. It needs to change.

Hoping every team misses or Norman saves everything in the most insane tactic going.  And it's not horses for courses, it's the same tactic against every team we play.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

You and I both said for weeks, show us something, anything, to get behind.

He’s gone on a run of one loss in eight. 

Now it appears, your previous comments were hollow and nothing he can do will change your mind.

Fine. 

But just say that. 

No matter how many wins he gets from here you won’t him gone.  If we beat Chesterfield I’d expect you to say not good enough. 

I know he’s really struggling, I have said many times he isn’t capable of expansive football, and ultimately I don’t think he’ll be a success with us; which in itself is reason to let him go.

But not giving him any credit for a recent good run is just bizarre. 

It's a bloody long way back for him from my point of view, granted.  

You seem to have made quite a U-turn - I don't know what you've seen to "get behind".  He's approached every game the same way since day one.  This "run" hasn't happened because he's changed what wasn't working - it's because the opposition have been poor and not capitalised on the numerous opportunities we give them.  As soon as we run out of luck, it's back to form.  Like last night...

59 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

fairly disappointing comment 

their final game in the Euros was one of the best games I’ve watched for years and certainly better than anything Latics have produced for years

Im a homophobe though of course 

We will never know for certain, but I'm fairly confident that even Maidstone United would comfortably beat the Lionesses team...

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Hoping every team misses or Norman saves everything in the most insane tactic going.  And it's not horses for courses, it's the same tactic against every team we play.

It's a bloody long way back for him from my point of view, granted.  

You seem to have made quite a U-turn - I don't know what you've seen to "get behind".  He's approached every game the same way since day one.  This "run" hasn't because he's changed what wasn't working - it's because the opposition have been poor and not capitalised on the numerous opportunities we give them.  As soon as we run out of luck, it's back to form.  Like last night...

I haven’t Joe. 

I know it’s dire- especially the lack of any type of performance.  I know even when we win the football is still shit, nor do I think we’ll do anything with him in charge. 

I’m just prepared to cut him a bit of slack when we win- that’s my only point.  For him to win,  and people to still say- not good enough- is bizarre in my view. It’s like people who slate strikers for being lazy when they score 15/20 goals. 

That being said, you do feel last nights performance is always coming/expected- and that in itself speak volumes. If he went tomorrow he could have no complaints overall. (Despite picking up recently) 

54 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We will never know for certain, but I'm fairly confident that even Maidstone United would comfortably beat the Lionesses team...

Probably, but my point was the football was great to watch, unlike the turgid non performances we have seen from Latics this season.

Archived