MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

With our luck the game will be postponed then.

"With our luck"? It's only a week ago that we played a team that couldn't hit a bears arse with a cricket bat and then ,3 days later, played against a keeper with no hands. We have our fair share of luck...

Not even a hint of a postponement in the media or on the club website.
The forecast is no higher than 2 deg today and zero/-1 throughout the game.

Woking is a fair journey away, I would have thought that maybe a pitch inspection would have been planned sometime today if the game was in doubt.

Perhaps it’s going ahead?

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not even a hint of a postponement in the media or on the club website.
The forecast is no higher than 2 deg today and zero/-1 throughout the game.

Woking is a fair journey away, I would have thought that maybe a pitch inspection would have been planned sometime today if the game was in doubt.

Perhaps it’s going ahead?

If it gets called off today, then all the groundstaff should be placed on immediate gardening leave...

I was disappointed after Boreham Wood because the result on its own suggests we have taken a backward step.  Lost 2 1 away and then 2 0 at home.  What happens tonight could tell us if we have peaked and will slide back into trouble - I hope not and expect better.

I also find the post match interview with DU puzzling in that I thought we did start OK but it wasn't working and would have expected substitutions and a change of plan earlier.  Perhaps he didn't think substitutions would work and almost certainly he doesn't like to change his plan.

Having said this it was October, November and December when the team averaged less than a point a game which leaves us mid table.  Our December onwards form would place us in a playoff position.

So I don't like what I am seeing BUT with further changes to the players we should make the playoffs next season even with DU in charge.

Incidentally the BBC have us 16th with 40 points whereas we are 15th with 41 points - they have lost one of our draws.

Need to bounce back after that second half on Saturday. 

Unfortunately, I am missing it tonight and will only be able to catch it from about 20 mins in on the stream.

Tough, but let’s get back to winning ways and put to bed any notion of a nervy few weeks coming up. 

2-1

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Makes sense to me against a big physical side. It will be 3 at the back with wing backs...

If the 2 wide players would play LB and RB in a back 4, it's a 5 not a 3. A 3 is just what higher level managers call it as an excuse to get away with negative defensive tactics at home when they're managing big sides.

I get the logic behind it with them having a big side, but none of our players looked comfortable in the system earlier in the year. They all looked like they weren't sure what their role was, and I don't think it's a coincidence that when we made it simpler and went 442 our form massively improved

Archived