MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 18/03/23

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wouldn't be trusting the Green is piss poor comment. Outrageous

You think otherwise? 
If you disagree then fine, but provide a counter as to why? 
He’s had loads of the ball, rarely took his man on, and had zero end product. Hoping he goes and has a banging half, but that was piss poor from him 1st half. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, St92 said:

I think it's the tactics that are the issue rather than who is upfront. We need to set ourselves up 15-20 yards further up the pitch in most games and press a bit 

I would probably agree but until the manager goes that's unlikely to happen is it, this new lads won a raffle hasn't he??? Is he even a fucking footballer?.

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

You think otherwise? 
He’s had loads of the ball, rarely took his man on, and had zero end product. Hoping he goes and has a banging half, but that was piss poor from him 1st half. 

The counter is he's provided plenty of balls into the box. That's his job

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

The counter is he's provided plenty of balls into the box. That's his job

Stobbs can do the same, I could do the same. Doesn’t mean they are good balls in to the box. 

You think otherwise? 

He is our only attacking outlet. You said it youself; had loads of the ball, which means that he can hold on to it and covers more ground than our strikers combined when tracking back.

He tracks back.

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Stobbs couldn't. His went behind the goal

For me players like Green and Stobbs are ten a penny. We should be aiming for much higher calibre players. None of them would get in any top 10 side in this league.

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

He is our only attacking outlet. You said it youself; had loads of the ball, which means that he can hold on to it and covers more ground than our strikers combined when tracking back.

He tracks back.

We’ve got 6 defensive minded players in the lineup, I couldn’t care less if he tracked back or not, thats not his purpose in the team. McFluff said it right, his job is to put balls in the box, i’ll go one further and say his job is to provide assists or score goals, he hasn’t done that well enough today. Granted it seems i’m picking on Green here, i’m not, i think 5 or 6 others are also piss poor. 

3 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

New lad been subbed off.

Only excuse for him continually giving the ball away is that he still thinks he plays for the team in red shirts…..?

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

For me players like Green and Stobbs are ten a penny. We should be aiming for much higher calibre players. None of them would get in any top 10 side in this league.

What else do you want? He's delivered numerous balls into the box. Miles better than Stobbs who couldn't keep the ball in play

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Nuttall would and he is far, far worse.

What else do you want? He's delivered numerous balls into the box. Miles better than Stobbs who couldn't keep the ball in play

I think i’ve been quite clear with what I want, I don’t want shite aimless balls in the box, I could do that. I wanna see some quality delivered in there. 
The fact we are asking what more do we want when we are 15th in national league and losing 1-0 away at Dagenham shows how low we have all become as fans. I want much much more than this dross every game. 

4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Nuttall would and he is far, far worse.

Not disagreeing, see previous comments about him. He was Unsworths number 1 target, his words, and so this has alarm bells ringing in terms of future signings and the qualities we are wanting under his management. 

I think i’ve been quite clear with what I want, I don’t want shite aimless balls in the box, I could do that. I wanna see some quality delivered in there. 
The fact we are asking what more do we want when we are 15th in national league and losing 1-0 away at Dagenham shows how low we have all become as fans. I want much much more than this dross every game. 

Talking purely about Green. He's put good balls in the box. You don't score off everyone. 

Talking purely about Green. He's put good balls in the box. You don't score off everyone. 

So he’s failed at his job, so far in this game then? 
It can’t be an outrageous comment me saying he’s been piss poor if he’s failed at his job. 

It can’t be an outrageous comment me saying he’s been piss poor if he’s failed at his job. 

Green is far better Stobbs- he actually looks a threat, can go past a man and his delivery is much better. 

If he delivers the balls into the box and strikers don’t score, that’s not his fault. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Green is far better Stobbs- he actually looks a threat, and can go past a man and his delivery is much better. 

If he delivers the balls into the box and stokers don’t score, that’s not his fault. 

Agree about it not being his fault if strikers don’t score from good crosses in to the box, but for me he didn’t provide any of those. 

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How do you see that he has failed?

He takes his man on, beats him and puts in a cross which is neither over hit nor does it go behind the goal. 

It's up to the likes of air shot Nuttall to get on the end of them.

Job done.

Archived