MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 18/03/23

Just now, L1onheartNew said:

How do you see that he has failed?

He takes his man on, beats him and puts in a cross which is neither over hit nor does it go behind the goal. 

It's up to the likes of air shot Nuttall to get on the end of them.

Job done.

It's not job done though is it, he went past his man a couple of times, lets not make out it was every time, it wasn’t. He then put in a couple of extremely average crosses that led to nothing. If thats his job done, then jesus christ. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, daniel said:

It's not job done though is it, he went past his man a couple of times, lets not make out it was every time, it wasn’t. He then put in a couple of extremely average crosses that led to nothing. If thats his job done, then jesus christ. 

Fuck me. How do you cope watching the best players in the world? Messi doesn't beat his man every time and his crosses don't always have someone on the end of them. If he doesn't score or assist do you say he's been piss poor and not done his job? 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

It's not job done though is it, he went past his man a couple of times, let’s not make out it was every time, it wasn’t. He then put in a couple of extremely average crosses that led to nothing. If thats his job done, then jesus christ. 

I’ll put it another way. 

If you want to dig a player out, Green wouldn’t be on my list. Is he a world beater? No. Is he showing signs of being half decent? Yes. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ll put it another way. 

If you want to dig a player out, Green wouldn’t be on my list. Is he a world beater? No. Is he showing signs of being half decent? Yes. 

I dug out 5 or 6 players, the focus was on Green because some disagreed, which is fine, I respect opinions, but for me he’s a ten a penny player that we shouldn’t be looking at keeping next season. I hope he proves me wrong, because that’d mean we have some success, and he’ll be a player not earning loads as well, but from what I’ve seen I wouldn’t keep him as of now. 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fuck me. How do you cope watching the best players in the world? Messi doesn't beat his man every time and his crosses don't always have someone on the end of them. If he doesn't score or assist do you say he's been piss poor and not done his job? 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t expect him to beat his man every time, and if Messi had a game like that, where he had limited success against his man and some pretty crap crosses then yes, i’d say he failed in that particular game. It’s an easy concept really. 

Draw right result just about. Could of won it at the end with Nuttall who should have scored 2 for me today. 
2 poor sides, in what is a poor division. We are hard to beat but extremely boring to watch at times. 
Rooney MOTM, best player on the pitch by a mile. 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

I dug out 5 or 6 players, the focus was on Green because some disagreed, which is fine, I respect opinions, but for me he’s a ten a penny player that we shouldn’t be looking at keeping next season. I hope he proves me wrong, because that’d mean we have some success, and he’ll be a player not earning loads as well, but from what I’ve seen I wouldn’t keep him as of now. 

Do me a favour and watch Harris Andrews of the Brisbane Lions before commenting on how shit Green is.

There are shite players in every sport every where but Andrews is a different level of shite. 

Makes Green look like a Messi upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

A cross is only crap if someone doesn't get on the end of it.

Beckham would struggle to find our forwards.

He wouldn't be stupid enough to cross it in the General direction of Nuttall.

Awaits replies on Beckham and stupid which is the definitive antonym of an oxymoron.

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What has DU done to Tollitt ? He’s killed the lad. 

I think that Tollit only looked our best player whilst others were adjusting to the level.

*Credit to Chapman who has invested heavily in awareness and passing transplants.

28 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Fondop > Nuttall

So it's hard to disagree with this on current form, but after seeing Fondop play from the start last week I can absolutely see why he is more effective from the bench like today.  Nuttall has been nowhere near effective but I'd rather start him to allow Fondop to be as effective as he is from the bench.

That said, no idea why Abraham hasn't been given more of a chance.  

24 minutes ago, daniel said:

Fine. 

You think he’s ten a penny. 

I think he’s better than Stobbs, and shows promise. 

5 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I think that Tollit only looked our best player whilst others were adjusting to the level.

*Credit to Chapman who has invested heavily in awareness and passing transplants.

Was going to ask how these two did when they came on (clearly Fondop made a difference).

The setup of the team from the start seemed to be more attacking than last week at least, plus those subs give us different attacking options.

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So it's hard to disagree with this on current form, but after seeing Fondop play from the start last week I can absolutely see why he is more effective from the bench like today.  Nuttall has been nowhere near effective but I'd rather start him to allow Fondop to be as effective as he is from the bench.

That said, no idea why Abraham hasn't been given more of a chance.  

There are elements of this that I agree wholeheartedly with. 

However, I would have started Fondop instead of Nuttall, not with him. They got in each other's way last week. 

They are similar players only Fondop seems to have more oomph about him at the moment.

I really hope that Nuttall does go on a goal scoring spree and hold the ball up to bring more players in consistently.

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Was going to ask how these two did when they came on (clearly Fondop made a difference).

The setup of the team from the start seemed to be more attacking than last week at least, plus those subs give us different attacking options.

I think that overall we were the better side. We were more controlled in our possession and comfortable with it.

Whilst we were more attacking, Dagenham showed us how the final third works. 

Archived