Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Got plenty of options now we could play a whole host of formations, these players we've signed would have some of the best fitness stats in the division for their positions, Ward, Lundstum, Willoughby particularly are relentless runners Golden or Grimshaw likewise, Hobson is League 1 quality, if this group can get it together early doors I can't have us out of the top 2 this season, just hope first away is at Chesterfield or Halifax so we can all get in, I'd hate it to be Oxford scratching around for one of 400 tickets. 

You look at the squad and even players like Gardner and Hope could come in to their own surrounded by better footballers.

4 hours ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Right back potentially coming right up if this is to be believed. Played 101 games for Motherwell in the SPL until end of 2022 season, believe injury played a part in them letting him go. Mortons player of the season last season. Liam Grimshaw: Morton lose their player of the year | Greenock Telegraph

Good to see that the Greenock Telegraph think we are a L2 side!

Ahead of the Times?

And wasn't that where Jimmy  Frizz was from?

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I hope not. Yarney, Hobson, Hogan and Sutton - wow, that's strength in depth.

The oil tanker needs to go.

Absolutely…it will really piss me off if him and Leutwiler sit out yet another season.

Edited by oafc1955

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Got plenty of options now we could play a whole host of formations, these players we've signed would have some of the best fitness stats in the division for their positions, Ward, Lundstum, Willoughby particularly are relentless runners Golden or Grimshaw likewise, Hobson is League 1 quality, if this group can get it together early doors I can't have us out of the top 2 this season, just hope first away is at Chesterfield or Halifax so we can all get in, I'd hate it to be Oxford scratching around for one of 400 tickets. 

You look at the squad and even players like Gardner and Hope could come in to their own surrounded by better footballers.

I can’t see either of those two getting much game time at all tbh.

6 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Unsworth’s faced with quite a choice now...

Add McGahey to that group as he could be available around September time according to Unsworth.
Personally being out of the game for so long and with his past injury record I can’t see him playing again, certainly not for us anyway.

With him still being under contract It may just be the club doing what they have to do treatment wise, however, he must have cost us a bloody fortune during the time he’s been here and he’s hardly kicked a ball!😳

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Add McGahey to that group as he could be available around September time according to Unsworth.
Personally being out of the game for so long and with his past injury record I can’t see him playing again, certainly not for us anyway.

With him still being under contract It may just be the club doing what they have to do treatment wise, however, he must have cost us a bloody fortune during the time he’s been here and he’s hardly kicked a ball!😳

I think if we can get him fit, and thats a big if, he can do a job at this level. 

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

I think if we can get him fit, and thats a big if, he can do a job at this level. 

Yes, but in the relegation season, when he did play he looked really unfit. I was shocked about his age. He's slow. His injury record is poor. Scunny fans pointed that out when we signed him. I won't be gutted if he stays, as I can imagine he could be ok if he ever gets properly fit, but, as you say, it's a big 'if.' 

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely…it will really piss me off if him and Leutwiler sit out yet another season.

Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere according to the Oldham Times, and surprisingly enough he won’t be fit for the start of the season 

4 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere according to the Oldham Times, and surprisingly enough he won’t be fit for the start of the season 

He’ll probably have a relapse or break down in training, back problems are difficult enough to cure at the best of times.
He’s a big unit and wont have played for a year or so and It’ll be a long way back.

I’ll say now…I don’t think he’ll play for us again.

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Tylor Golden it is then!😆

Thought I'd have a look at both matches with them last season, plus matches he scored in.

He put the cross in from the right for their winner at The Shay. At the home game, he chased a lost cause and won the ball against Clarke which led to their penalty. Interestingly he played left back that day.

Nice bit of composure to score against Dorking, marauding into the box before dropping a shoulder to leave one of them on his arse before slotting in.

I like him. Tenacious.

• Like 1

As feared as per Oldham Times - Yarney isn't our player next season and while there is an offer on the table still, it seems like he (likely mainly his agent) is trying to rinse us and corroborates with previous rumours about him wanting to be the highest earner and his agent being in his ear.

Presume Hobson will be his replacement next season and that he will pitch up at somewhere like Accrington, Orient I presume https://t.co/peRCVtuSZr

11 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

As feared as per Oldham Times - Yarney isn't our player next season and while there is an offer on the table still, it seems like he (likely mainly his agent) is trying to rinse us and corroborates with previous rumours about him wanting to be the highest earner and his agent being in his ear.

Presume Hobson will be his replacement next season and that he will pitch up at somewhere like Accrington, Orient I presume https://t.co/peRCVtuSZr

no no its really simple he is here next season

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣