Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Every post back to DU. Couldn't just post a positive

Every post moaning about other people’s opinions- just post a positive. 

Here’s mine. 

I’m taking my daughter to her first game against Aldershot - because for the first time in as long as I can remember I’m confident we’ll win. 😁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Over to you Unsworth…. 

Don't know if this has been said but I think D.U has been playing Nuttall to be absolutely sure before he let's him return to Scunthorpe in a swap for their R.B.Surely we can't be having all these strikers on our books? Now we've nearly got all the tools to win this league. Hope D.U doesn't see our new centre forward as a right back?Good luck you blues.

• Like 3

Huge credit goes to the management and recruitment team, including DU for getting Norwood over the line. Totally unexpected and a real statement signing in the NL.

Im sure he's impressed with the ambition of the club and what he has seen of our set up which is fucking amazing compared to when I drove up the Weladstone game from darn sarf last season.

Credit where credits due👍👍

Now let's smash these Essex wideboys on Saturday 💪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Great signing. Bring in a right back today or tomorrow and I’ll start planning my promotion party straight away.

Think that Sammy Robinson lad will sign tomorrow if he's coming in, should have announced him and Dickenson on Friday after the Norwood fanfare - either that or Hobson/Green will start at RB Saturday and we will get someone in next week - also supposedly want another striker and winger (presume on the right now)

14 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Think that Sammy Robinson lad will sign tomorrow if he's coming in, should have announced him and Dickenson on Friday after the Norwood fanfare - either that or Hobson/Green will start at RB Saturday and we will get someone in next week - also supposedly want another striker and winger (presume on the right now)

Source??

8 minutes ago, St92 said:

I don't think I've seen an official list of squad numbers for this season yet. I wonder if that could give us an idea of if any of our other strikers will be on their way out after the Norwood signing

Based on the PSFs 1-11 are taken. 12, 16 and 17 are the next ones free I think.

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

Based on the PSFs 1-11 are taken. 12, 16 and 17 are the next ones free I think.

Yeah but I was thinking no official announcement for the season ahead makes it possible that Norwood could end up with the #9 he had at Barnsley 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I really enjoyed the lockdown season. Kewell-Ball was very entertaining at times. Great forward line of Maceleny, Rowe and Dearnley. Also, possibly the worst defence I've ever seen. I mean, they were shocking. We scored more and conceded more than anyone else.

But this is the thing I don't think people want to see that from us I.e. be a side that scores but concedes just as much and finishes 17th. Not in the national league that would be failure from this squad.

While their is legitimacy to wanting prettier football it's not going to be much good if we go into February March time and effectively your season is over. I'd rather we spent most of the season grinding out results and getting promoted.

Ideally we want promotion with style but in the long run results will always be more important than style.

Edited by GlossopLatic