Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

15 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

And me. It nearly broke me....I still carry his picture around. Second best striker ever.

3 hours ago, petera1 said:

Thought was just me ! I think best striker ever 

I'm not having this.

Stainrod 1979-1980 69 games, 21 goals, 3.29 games/goal

Palmer 1980-1994 456 games, 141 goals, 3.23 games/goal

Ritchie (first spell) 1987-1995 250 games, 104 goals, 2.40games/goal

I admit I haven't allowed for sub appearances/being subbed in the above, but Palmer and Ritchie were better than Stainrod. They were here for longer and scored for us in the top flight, which Stainrod didn't.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm not having this.

Stainrod 1979-1980 69 games, 21 goals, 3.29 games/goal

Palmer 1980-1994 456 games, 141 goals, 3.23 games/goal

Ritchie (first spell) 1987-1995 250 games, 104 goals, 2.40games/goal

I admit I haven't allowed for sub appearances/being subbed in the above, but Palmer and Ritchie were better than Stainrod. They were here for longer and scored for us in the top flight, which Stainrod didn't.

It says a lot about Stainrod that he made the impression he did in such a short space of time. Proper flair player, with a real swagger. The idea of a Stainrod-Ritchie combo is truly the stuff of dreams.

11 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

I'd have thought Rodger Wylde must be up there too?? Not here long, but scored plenty whilst he was.

Most definitely,  Wylde and Taylor goal to game ratio was about the same.  Given Wylde played more games and scoring more goals he wins that battle.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Norwood yesterday? Looked painfully slow we hen he was clear on goal about 75 minutes in and should have buried his chance a couple of minutes in. No, I'm not writing him off by the way.

But not as slow as fucking Nuttall, is he ever going to get out of 2nd gear?

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, but you did pick him out.

As you yourself picked out Norwood…it was merely my observation of a player who played alongside him who has been here for a considerable amount of time and in my opinion continues to show no urgency whatsoever!

He seems to be the 1st name on the team sheet whatever his form and 

although service to the striker’s was again non existent yesterday IMO he is playing at 50% and just doesn’t look like he wants to be here!

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Norwood yesterday? Looked painfully slow we hen he was clear on goal about 75 minutes in and should have buried his chance a couple of minutes in. No, I'm not writing him off by the way.

Rarely played 90mins last season, granted it was a higher level but his stamina was Barnsley fans only complaint.