Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

22 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Mate, he started and scored (a good goal) in ST's first match at home to York, then started the next three before being benched and then being dropped for ST's final match at home to D&R. But don't let facts get in the way of an arbitrary rant, eh?

I can't believe* some fans have to make stuff up to fit their narrative.

* Well, I can but y'know...

I don't think he started against Wealdstone, Maidenhead or Dagenham, did he? He came on as a sub against Maidenhead. He may have been suspended after being booked in all of ST's first three games in charge, not sure.

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don't think he started against Wealdstone, Maidenhead or Dagenham, did he? He came on as a sub against Maidenhead. He may have been suspended after being booked in all of ST's first three games in charge, not sure.

He started ST's first three games before being dropped to the bench. Which was nothing like @yarddog73's surmising which was he didn't even register with ST or make the matchday squad.

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

https://merch.athletic-store.co.uk/

I genuinely don't know who signed some of these off. 

@oafc1955  defo gettin a Nuttall towel for his cock balls and arse isnt he!!

l might get some pillows. Nors, Hobson, Kitch, Will and Big Mike 😍

we wuda battered newport if Fondop started. that save from Nuttall is just disgusting. 

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

@oafc1955  defo gettin a Nuttall towel for his cock balls and arse isnt he!!

l might get some pillows. Nors, Hobson, Kitch, Will and Big Mike 😍

we wuda battered newport if Fondop started. that save from Nuttall is just disgusting. 

Christ….where’ve you been?😆

3 hours ago, redlion said:

I see the club is advertising for raffle ticket sellers. Is this a way of getting rid of unwanted players ? 🤣

Shelton had a trial but kept passing the purchased tickets to the wrong person.

Gardner had a go, but kept trying to give them to the advertising hoardings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South West Blue said:

There was an old lady in her 80's selling raffle tickets once in pub. 

I asked "how much do you want" she replied "a £1 a strip" 

My reply was "here you go love there's a fiver keep your clothes on". 

Passes South West Blue hia Coat...

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly (although it's not that interesting at all), I heard a murmur on Saturday that 3 of our players (Willoughby, Nuttall and Shelton) may all be heading back to their previous employers. Although, in Willoughby's case, he has almost signed for other clubs on at least two occasions so I've got a feeling fate is going to dictate he'll end up doing alright for us...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Interestingly (although it's not that interesting at all), I heard a murmur on Saturday that 3 of our players (Willoughby, Nuttall and Shelton) may all be heading back to their previous employers. Although, in Willoughby's case, he has almost signed for other clubs on at least two occasions so I've got a feeling fate is going to dictate he'll end up doing alright for us...

Wouldn’t surprise me, I’d be disappointed if Willoughby went though. I don’t think he’s been given anywhere near enough time to show what he can do. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Wouldn’t surprise me, I’d be disappointed if Willoughby went though. I don’t think he’s been given anywhere near enough time to show what he can do. 

I agree regarding Willoughby. He only seems to get bit parts and invariably comes on usually when we are struggling or behind in games.

He needs 3 or 4 games with the same strike partner, I think there’s a decent player in there but his confidence must be completely shot!