Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think this for now. Not sure we have enough width to change formation yet.  Saying that I'm not sure where Walker fits in, unless he's earmarked to partner Norwood up front.

If we are playing Mcgahey in midfield I'd say that's where he most likely comes in. An upgrade in position without disrupting the rest of the team.

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So, what do we think happens formation wise?

Does this change us?

Or does it just mean, Conlon, Lundy, Sheron in the middle? 

difficult to 'change us' when weve played the same formation for about two matches and often change mid match!!

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The difference now compared to other similar situations is that we haven't had to wait for the players to leave before new comes in. This guy won't have come cheap. Suggests the club is serious about a promotion challenge this season.

also he has told us that nobody wants our players and we will need to pay them off which he has also implied we can't afoord to do. so he's arguing against himself there!!

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think this for now. Not sure we have enough width to change formation yet.  Saying that I'm not sure where Walker fits in, unless he's earmarked to partner Norwood up front.

doubt it he is a winger

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

doubt it he is a winger

Thought he was one of these modern forward types that mainly plays wide forward but can play centrally?

47 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

also he has told us that nobody wants our players and we will need to pay them off which he has also implied we can't afoord to do. so he's arguing against himself there!!

Who said that Monty?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Who said that Monty?

sorry that should have said 'they' duno why l put 'he' bc l work with lots of fluid greedy bastards and shall now report this to them for punishment.

but now we are here, it sounds like sumat you would say *wink*

27 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This looks like just the type of player we need, it will bring out the best in Lundstram as he will not be the only creative midfielder we have. If Mickey is happy then so am I. 

Notice Zak Brunt is on the bench again for Barnet - he'd be a good signing if we want to further strengthen the midfield.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

sorry that should have said 'they' duno why l put 'he' bc l work with lots of fluid greedy bastards and shall now report this to them for punishment.

but now we are here, it sounds like sumat you would say *wink*

What are you on about?😳

• Like 1

I feel quite happy with Conlon signing and the pedigree does suggest the club's intent to build a squad capable of progressing out of this league. Credit to Mellon and his team for getting this one over the line, we now appear to have an actual, proper manager and assistant in place. I still believe promotion [without a miraculous run and set of circumstance] is not on the cards this season, however, next season could be it. 💪 :D 

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I feel quite happy with Conlon signing and the pedigree does suggest the club's intent to build a squad capable of progressing out of this league. Credit to Mellon and his team for getting this one over the line, we now appear to have an actual, proper manager and assistant in place. I still believe promotion [without a miraculous run and set of circumstance] is not on the cards this season, however, next season could be it. 💪 :D 

A miraculous run and set of circumstance? Isn’t that what is actually happening? We ARE in a playoff place now and it’s early January! I would suggest it is on the cards for this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Greek said:

A miraculous run and set of circumstance? Isn’t that what is actually happening? We ARE in a playoff place now and it’s early January! I would suggest it is on the cards for this season.

It's not even miraculous its a solid run. Promotion is very much on the cards this season it won't take a massive improvement for us to go up. If you look at our results they have been that of a promotion chasing side for 12 months now. The first 9 games this season if anything was a blip.

We can allow ourselves to believe.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Greek said:

I wouldn't say we are in that miraculous position just yet and the playoffs are not actually the playoffs until the end of the season.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's not even miraculous its a solid run. Promotion is very much on the cards this season it won't take a massive improvement for us to go up. If you look at our results they have been that of a promotion chasing side for 12 months now. The first 9 games this season if anything was a blip.

We can allow ourselves to believe.

Beat Barnet and Bromley at home over the next few weeks and we can start to get a bit giddy.

Play like we did Saturday and we have no chance.

However another one or two with Conions pedigree through the door, even on loan and we should stand a decent chance of an exciting end to the season. 👍

12 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Beat Barnet and Bromley at home over the next few weeks and we can start to get a bit giddy.

Play like we did Saturday and we have no chance.

However another one or two with Conions pedigree through the door, even on loan and we should stand a decent chance of an exciting end to the season. 👍

Even if we don't beat Barnet or Bromley we can still go up it won't be the end of the promotion push.

They are big games though you're right and I expect us to be up for it. I don't think either Barnet or Bromley will particularly fancy coming up here against an in form Oldham side certainly not 1 that has been strengthened.

Don't forget we now have a manager who knows all about getting promotion that could be the difference in the run in.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 4

Excellent signing and pedigree for this league and L2. I wouldn’t mind betting Mellon has a right footed, cut above this league, midfielder in mind with maybe different attributes. A strong midfield will take pressure of the defence and can only benefit the front with a much better service. 🤞

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

We could drop a place or two in the next few weeks and promotion is still on the cards. 

If we are in the playoffs at the end of the season even in 6th or 7th and promotion is still on the cards. No-one, bar the very unlikely to be relevant Chesterfield, will want to face us at home. We've beaten the teams in 3rd to 5th away this season and were on top at Bromley until the water break at 25 minutes, when BL9 8 signed his P45. I don't think Bromley will fancy their chances against us with 5PM as our manager.