Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, oafcmb said:

Rumours on the good old twitter have brought up Andrew Dallas again. Barnsley just recalled him 

Looks to have legs this. Could easily see season long loan with view to a permanent next season.

All we need now is to be able to get them on a pitch somehow.

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

If we’re linked with Dallas and there’s also rumours of Norwood back to Barnsley, perhaps that’s the deal to be done?

If we are serious about promotion there is no chance we are doing a swap. Granted we have a number of strikers but they aren’t good enough (Willoughby, Nuttall, Fondop for starting games). Quantity doesn’t equate to quality so we I think we will be bringing another in. Especially after losing Stones. 

Dallas has to stay at Barnsley or join a non-league side doesn't he? As he's played for two professional clubs already this season.

Barnsley's manager has already said  he'll be going back out on loan...

There are a few comments on their forum about a swap deal for Norwood but I think they are mostly in jest rather than anything concrete.

Doesn't Dallas play a similar position to Walker though, left winger come striker?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If we give Norwood back to Barnsley, I think I might just give up. 

Can't understand why we would send him back, the best striker we have had since Surridge. Unless they are offering us a decent wedge. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Can't understand why we would send him back, the best striker we have had since Surridge. Unless they are offering us a decent wedge. 

If they offered us a lot of money, then we have to consider it, they won’t he’s 33.

But to sell him would just be stupid. Players like Norwood are the difference in play off games. So if we are serious about going up, we need him more than any other player. 

Our second highest scorer is on 5 ? Reid and Dickinson ? Says it all. 

• Like 1

Norwood going back to Barnsley makes zero sense. Presumably came here due to contract offered at his age. Why would Barnsley change their minds on that after a few months? They’re 5th. If they need another striker they’d just go for a younger one or one that didn’t have ages left on his contract. Putting this one down to internet bullshit. 

• Like 1

Twitter rumours going crazy. Talk of a huge signing tomorrow. 

No idea what Mikes tweet means but I’m still thinking it will ‘just’ be Dallas on loan for the rest of the season. 

Would love Kanu but can’t see it

8 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Twitter rumours going crazy. Talk of a huge signing tomorrow. 

No idea what Mikes tweet means but I’m still thinking it will ‘just’ be Dallas on loan for the rest of the season. 

Would love Kanu but can’t see it

McCallum's a good shout (spitfire - Eastleigh) but he's 30 so relatively short term.

Edited by mick26
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s scoring goals this season. But he was absolutely shite at BP and not done much before this season has he? 

No only 112 goals in 230 games in this league 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I think MKs tweet is just referring to the Blur song and the lyrics ‘holding on for tomorrow’. So a signing tomorrow. The cover art being a spitfire I think is just a red herring co-incidence.

It would be very clever if we were signing two 'wingmen'. Its all a bit of Blur all this speculation.