Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Have we any idea who it is yet? I’ve heard, Kanu, Dallas, Mcallum. All three,  Just Dallas, maybe mcallum , possibly both, just Kanu…  come on Latics spill the beans 

Sign the lot. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

This is where I'm at on it. MM still being here is a safe bet. He's got us into the playoffs from a mid-table position from being 7 points adrift and in that time assessed who is and isn't good enough. Certainly good enough foundations for the board to approve signings taken from next season's budget. 

Also even if we get into the Play offs and don't quite make it this year, the additional revenue from bigger home crowds as the end of the season gets closer and more season ticket sales with the belief we are a good bet next season, will subsidise signings this year ( with the caviat they are not shite!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Even by National League standards, it would be absolutely brainless from Barnet if they let us have one of their regular players the day before we play each other...

If that were to happen there could be a gentleman's agreement for him not to play tomorrow 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What’s with this new teaser for the signings bollox ? Cant be only me that thinks it’s a bit gay. Why such a thirst to be the first to know ? I’m excited by the prospect of getting good players in. I’ll be happy to find out when I get home tho. F5 is dead to me. 

Don’t you like a little tease? Or are you just a pants down and get on with it kinda guy. . 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Linking Dallas and Tshimanga again would be decent.

That would be more than decent that would be about as good a signing as anyone outside the football league could do this month.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Hmm. Thought Frank didn't fancy Colclough because of his criminal past? Madine is currently subject to a suspended sentence...

I think that was put to bed at the time. I think it was confirmed we'd offered hima deal.

4 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Hmm. Thought Frank didn't fancy Colclough because of his criminal past? Madine is currently subject to a suspended sentence...

Probably won’t fancy this fella then has he’s been in the shite twice , one of them a prison sentence …