Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

22 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Didn’t he say there’s at least 6 permanent signings coming in? If so, I’d expect a CB, RB, DM, AM, ST and winger, and then top the squad up with some decent EFL loans.

All aboard the #HMSpisstheleague

Early days I know but thought we might have heard something if there’s at least six coming in? 

33 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Early days I know but thought we might have heard something if there’s at least six coming in? 

nah it's still May, the season ended two weeks ago, the league season is still going, contracts probably havent even expired and there's still promotions to sort and trophies to hand out, holidays to go on, golf to be played, alcohol to be consumed, fire extinquishers to set off etc..,

l don't think theres any sittin around n thumb twidling going on however, apart from texts/wtsps/emails maybe even actual phone calls!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

nah it's still May, the season ended two weeks ago, the league season is still going, contracts probably havent even expired and there's still promotions to sort and trophies to hand out, holidays to go on, golf to be played, alcohol to be consumed, fire extinquishers to set off etc..,

l don't think theres any sittin around n thumb twidling going on however, apart from texts/wtsps/emails maybe even actual phone calls!

Unsworth said we were well down the line with the players we are hoping to bring in, so would expect it’ll start happening in the next few weeks. He’s banged on about the importance of pre season practically from the moment he got here, so presume he’ll want them all in before training begins, which should be towards the end of June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Unsworth said we were well down the line with the players we are hoping to bring in, so would expect it’ll start happening in the next few weeks. He’s banged on about the importance of pre season practically from the moment he got here, so presume he’ll want them all in before training begins, which should be towards the end of June.

aye lm expecting stuff to happen soon, just not in may when theres still matches on.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Yep true, I think it’s just the cumulative anxiety of shit season after shit season I think and believing nothing until I see it . 

• Like 1

Thursday is June 1st. I think that is when we will hear of our first two signings. Also,  I would expect a total of 6 or 7 signings in June, which hopefully will include Yarney and Green.

What I do believe is that Unsworth has to get the signings right - whichever players he brings in have to be the right fit for a promotion push.

17 hours ago, True Tic said:

Yep true, I think it’s just the cumulative anxiety of shit season after shit season I think and believing nothing until I see it . 

we finished early too dont forget.

we all feel it, this will feel like the longest pre season ever. The Ashes will help for a small few of us, but even still it is going to be a dragg.

flipside is we will get big followings in pre season and look massive for the new players 😁*

*sorry, that was the best l could come up with!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

we all feel it, this will feel like the longest pre season ever. The Ashes will help for a small few of us, but even still it is going to be a dragg.

flipside is we will get big followings in pre season and look massive for the new players 😁*

Soon be pre season friendly time and  some decent local ones.

I think Curzon will get their biggest crowd for years.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂thanks Monty 

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

It's already dragging.

We need to win the Ashes. I need to gloat.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

It's already dragging.

We need to win the Ashes. I need to gloat.

without sportsjacking the thread its important we don't underestimate the Aussies they actually look strong to me and we have weakened ourselves by dropping Foakes. massively short sighted ashley giles kind of idea but the turnaround of team in 18 months makes me feel churlish saying that!

we are still a top grade team, we have just gone a bit more one directional and increased our risk of getting bowled out in a session for 85.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

without sportsjacking the thread its important we don't underestimate the Aussies they actually look strong to me and we have weakened ourselves by dropping Foakes. massively short sighted ashley giles kind of idea but the turnaround of team in 18 months makes me feel churlish saying that!

we are still a top grade team, we have just gone a bit more one directional and increased our risk of getting bowled out in a session for 85.

I think we’ll hammer them. 

And I’ve never thought that before. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we’ll hammer them. 

And I’ve never thought that before. 

its a fair assessment l just feel theyre going to land here with the ultimate seige mentality and really come at us. its gona be a right ding dong l hope.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

its a fair assessment l just feel theyre going to land here with the ultimate seige mentality and really come at us. its gona be a right ding dong l hope.

Yeah, when I say hammer I don’t mean we’ll dominate very session because they’ll fight like hell- I meant at the key times and thus the series result. 

• Like 1

before anybody gets justly upset of this flagrant rule breaching for such a boring sport, if anybody wishes to make further comment then OWTB helpfully provides other such caves to do so. so lve started a thread there if you wish to kill seconds and minutes of the longest summer ever!!

Not many people know this but cricket was actually invented by an immigrant German medic called Professor Borrrin Fokker who created cricket as a cure for insomnia and won a Nobel prize. His great great grandson went on to coach Geoffrey Boycott.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, redlion said:

Not many people know this but cricket was actually invented by an immigrant German medic called Professor Borrrin Fokker who created cricket as a cure for insomnia and won a Nobel prize. His great great grandson went on to coach Geoffrey Boycott.

where have you stollen this from? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

We need to bring back downvotes. Anyone who finds cricket boring, especially as practised under McCullum and Stokes, needs to give their head a wobble. Bring on the Ashes.

That's why summer holidays were invented don't you know, so people could avoid it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

We need to bring back downvotes. Anyone who finds cricket boring, especially as practised under McCullum and Stokes, needs to give their head a wobble. Bring on the Ashes.

Stick cricket in with rugby as soul destroying kinds of boring

On 5/30/2023 at 11:47 PM, Monty Burns said:

The Aussies (and media) are arrogant pricks who think they have already won.

They also thought that they would walk the T20 world cup.

NSW thought that they would walk Origin 1 last night. Then the mighty QLD happened.

They never learn.

• Like 1