Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

“DU: Joe signed a deal to the end of the season with an agreement to extend next season, now that agreement is being re-negotiated “

‘an agreement to extend next season’ -

pretty clear to me that there is an agreement in place but both club and player are re-negotiating - probably for a longer deal on more money. 👍

I read that as with an agreement, being an option in the players favour.

4 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well, Haughton has signed a new deal at Fylde. One rumour quashed.

Surprised he re-signed with them, but no surprise we aren’t signing him, since DU specifically said no in the recent Q+A. 
Twitter folk not happy. We are a weird bunch at times. Fixated on players like Haughton and Colclough. Not saying they’re bad players, but neither exactly have pedigree of playing at a higher level either. 
I think the last year or so, the club deserve the patience to wait and see who we actually sign before we start whining about missed opportunities etc. 

Edited by daniel
  • Like 6

Haughton was never a target to anyone's knowledge. Fixation started when he scored against us in pre season, went on to have a good season and suddenly some fans wanting a player becomes a false story that we were chasing him.

Whether he should have been a target is a different matter, but fans melting down over not getting a player we were possibly never going for is classic Latics.

Him staying at Fylde is not something to get annoyed over or even feel the need to engage with.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Dan Ward from Gateshead rumoured to be the first in - midfielder who played 43 scoring five last season

All for giving him a chance but I had rather hoped we would be aiming for players slightly better than that…

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

All for giving him a chance but I had rather hoped we would be aiming for players slightly better than that…

You consistently seen him play?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Said the Notts County fans when they plucked Langstaff and Scott from Gateshead this time last year......

Gateshead played us off the park in the majority of our games against them this season, if he was central to that I'd suggest he would be an upgrade on what we currently have, right age, from what I remember he's box to box and looks after the football which we sadly lacked from central midfield last season so for me I'd be happy to see him come in.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Said the Notts County fans when they plucked Langstaff and Scott from Gateshead this time last year......

Gateshead played us off the park in the majority of our games against them this season, if he was central to that I'd suggest he would be an upgrade on what we currently have, right age, from what I remember he's box to box and looks after the football which we sadly lacked from central midfield last season so for me I'd be happy to see him come in.

Absolutely, Yarddog. He's busy, strong and looks to pick forward passes. Other than Notts County, I think Gateshead played some of the best football against us last season.

If, IF,  the rumours are true he will do for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, samgoafc said:

Dan Ward from Gateshead rumoured to be the first in - midfielder who played 43 scoring five last season

A couple of their players impressed me, but I don’t recall his name as being one of them, but I could be wrong. A good footballing side who looked well coached, so hopefully he’ll be a good addition if there’s any truth in it.

• Like 2