2023/24 Fixture Release Day

30 minutes ago, JoeP said:

They aren't great.

Oxford for the promotion party is going to be a bun fight for tickets...

You would think someone somewhere would've thought "Oldham travel in numbers away, especially if there's half a chance they'll be near the top of the league, lets NOT give them the smallest ground in the league for their last away game."

Nah we will seal promotion at home to Rochdale on the 6th infront of a packed BP. 😀

Not sure how the fixtures fully get setup but I doubt it depends on stuff like how much they will take away from home in April when pushing for promotion.

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nah we will seal promotion at home to Rochdale on the 6th infront of a packed BP. 😀

Not sure how the fixtures fully get setup but I doubt it depends on stuff like how much they will take away from home in April when pushing for promotion.

Clubs are asked to fill a survey, so I'd imagine either club has requested certain fixtures. 

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/how-are-the-vanarama-national-league-fixtures-comp-76860

• Thanks 1

Am I right in thinking there's an issue with Oxford City's ground and they're playing elsewhere this season? 

Can't wait for us to beat Rochdale to win the league 3 days after my birthday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

Am I right in thinking there's an issue with Oxford City's ground and they're playing elsewhere this season? 

Could be wrong but I don’t think so. 400 away tickets will be like rocking horse shit if we’re near the top though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Given that a lot of Oldham fans used to excuse performances on the pitch due to bad ownership, then surely everyone is in agreement that we have the easiest opening game that we could have wished for...

That would be playing them at home if you’re gonna come with that attitude…

Southend fan here. 

It's a great opening day fixture for us but as you are aware we have massive financial issues.

If the takeover gets completed we will likely sign quite a few players and I would expect close to a sell out. I'm sure you will bring a good away support, although our away capacity has been reduced by lack of maintainence by our chairman. You should get around 1100 tickets. The away end should hold 2400.

So many fans are staying away until the chairman goes. The bloke is a parasite. 

Anyway. Hoping we meet on the 5th and you will get a warm welcome down on the Essex riviera. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosa said:

Well, there is an issue. It's tiny and a bit crap, but I've not heard about them having to move.

7 hours ago, rosa said:

Oxford Utd are at home the same day we play City.

Looking at Chesterfield away it looks like they are selling season tickets in one half of the North Stand which normally houses away fans, if that's the case it will significantly reduce the away allocation, I'd expect us to take anywhere from 2000 to 3000 with a good start, I know they sometimes use a block of the East Stand for smaller followings so it will be interesting to see what we are offered.

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looking at Chesterfield away it looks like they are selling season tickets in one half of the North Stand which normally houses away fans, if that's the case it will significantly reduce the away allocation, I'd expect us to take anywhere from 2000 to 3000 with a good start, I know they sometimes use a block of the East Stand for smaller followings so it will be interesting to see what we are offered.

Weirdly they seem to have blocked off part of a side stand and part of their North Stand, so I would guess they are the areas for away fans. So instead of giving away fans a stand, or part of a stand, they are allowing away fans to have parts of 2 stands. This would limit their capacity due to increased segregation, although it probably makes it easier to accommodate clubs with small followings.