Mansfield

15 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

@b0ndl1ne any truth in the rumour that James Berry is going to Chesterfield? One of my mates has a contact at Macc and he seems to think it's on!

I’ll try and find out.

Seems a weird one unless they’re going to move Colclough centrally as Berry can’t play with his back to goal so has to stay wide 

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’ll try and find out.

Seems a weird one unless they’re going to move Colclough centrally as Berry can’t play with his back to goal so has to stay wide 

A fan account for Chesterfield who albeit got Bonne and Dallas wrong is now teasing it - one that @BP1960 no doubt won't be pleased with going there over us

14 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’ll try and find out.

Strange on as you say, although Berry is very mobile.  Be ironic if Berry plays for Chesterfield against us.

On 7/29/2023 at 5:27 PM, GKing521 said:

Well. Let’s see if they can manage to muster a victory against a charity Southend outfit. If we lose that, will people still say it’s early days?

This manager gives me absolutely no confidence.

Sigh.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:09 PM, b0ndl1ne said:

You’d best tell me how those bollocks taste fella because it’s the gods honest truth.

He didn’t think our style of play would suit him and he doesn’t rate Unsworth (he’s a scouser as well) so instead he signed a new contract on what is crazy money for the level he’s playing at because he knows he’s ultimately going to a football league club so he’d rather continue to be the main man, have everything go through him and stay in focus until that happens.

Their manager grew up with Ant Gerrard and Lee Trundle and told me some good stories about them but I’m keeping them to myself - don’t want people thinking they’re bollocks now hey.

So he has just signed for another NL side....so much for knowing he's going to a football league club and staying at Mac because he's the main man😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

So he has just signed for another NL side....so much for knowing he's going to a football league club and staying at Mac because he's the main man😉

Its a stepping stone and his fee was way above the norm for many EFL clubs, Gone to a club with big ambitions and I'll say he will be playing in the Championship eventually with Chesterfield or another club.

Do you wish I'll be wrong so you can say I told you so?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its a stepping stone and his fee was way above the norm for many EFL clubs, Gone to a club with big ambitions and I'll say he will be playing in the Championship eventually with Chesterfield or another club.

Do you wish I'll be wrong so you can say I told you so?

How much did they fork out?

ps

Don't take everything posted as a personal attack.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

So you are making an assumption BP and don't actually know?

Don't get me wrong he's a good player who id love to see playing for us.

I just don't like it where people make comments they can't back up.

I know what I know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Londonboy said:

So you are making an assumption BP and don't actually know?

Don't get me wrong he's a good player who id love to see playing for us.

I just don't like it where people make comments they can't back up.

I had a conversation with Macclesfields manager. I thought it worth putting in here what he told me. It’s not upto me to try and convince you that what I’m saying is true, I don’t give a shit. There’s no reason for me to make something up, what’s the point in doing that?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I had a conversation with Macclesfields manager. I thought it worth putting in here what he told me. It’s not upto me to try and convince you that what I’m saying is true, I don’t give a shit. There’s no reason for me to make something up, what’s the point in doing that?

If you could please put "I understand..." before any statements about prices and conditions, this reassure the reader it's verbatim