Mansfield

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What do you mean by this? 

Well we started last season with no scouts/analysts ect. He’s now got a full structure behind him, as confirmed by himself so between them surely they have the capacity to sign a competent right back for the national league ? We arnt exactly looking for a 20+ a year striker or midfield creator which are massively sought after, we just want a bloody right back.  

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Since I'm the one who recommended James Berry to the club its the same disappointment as when we didn't land Ryan Colclough.

I liked the look of the tenacious 19yo Leicester City right back Joe Wormleighton, but I believe we require someone permanent rather than a loanee.

As far as you know you were the first one. 
You obviously spotted something that the club liked but isn’t it possible that they already had him under review? 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l'm sorry but if everybody doesn't stop offering all these reasonable balanced arguments l'm gona have to start some name calling or DM somebody for a punch up

Oldham massive :boxer: 😉

Our quest goes on and one day we'll have everything in place, at that point, this kind of debate will disappear as fast as Big Dave's tactics 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

As far as you know you were the first one. 
You obviously spotted something that the club liked but isn’t it possible that they already had him under review? 

I recommended him to the previous  regime and then again to this one, so yes they knew all about him.

Its interesting from some of the comments on here what seems to be classed as success or failure. I wrongly assumed that getting promoted would be seen by everyone as being success and a vindication of the board sticking with Unsworth last season. But it looks like style of play or how we start and other factors like that might still mean he fails in the eyes of some even if he takes us up.

Nothing wrong with that I guess, everyone is entitled to their own views and to what they want to see when they watch the game. I'm just a bit surprised after all this time without a promotion!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Its interesting from some of the comments on here what seems to be classed as success or failure. I wrongly assumed that getting promoted would be seen by everyone as being success and a vindication of the board sticking with Unsworth last season. But it looks like style of play or how we start and other factors like that might still mean he fails in the eyes of some even if he takes us up.

Nothing wrong with that I guess, everyone is entitled to their own views and to what they want to see when they watch the game. I'm just a bit surprised after all this time without a promotion!

I couldn't care less about style of play.

Any style that resulted in promotion would be fine by me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Our poor season.

What we're you expecting going into last season, because to me the club was a mess so a promotion challenge was a non-starter.

The club turned round during the season which is why we go into this one expecting a promotion challenge  While I don't see last season as one to justify an open top bus parade I can't at all see it as a poor season given the circumstances.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I couldn't care less about style of play.

Any style that resulted in promotion would be fine by me.

Dave can wear a crown if he gets us promoted and same here, I couldn't care less how win's are achieved, just as long as we're nicely placed at the business end of the table.

First 3 games and 3 wins would be a huge statement of intent from the manager,

Then we can take it the party's really on.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:23 PM, b0ndl1ne said:

Fact. From their current manager.

Really.....so he turned us down....to continue playing in the Northern Premier League where amazing football is played weekly ....because he didn't like our style of football!!

Never heard such bollocks.

He's still at Mac I believe.... so wonder why he hasn't moved to City yet if that's his rationale.

Think their manager has been on the mushrooms....

58 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Really.....so he turned us down....to continue playing in the Northern Premier League where amazing football is played weekly ....because he didn't like our style of football!!

Never heard such bollocks.

He's still at Mac I believe.... so wonder why he hasn't moved to City yet if that's his rationale.

Think their manager has been on the mushrooms....

You’d best tell me how those bollocks taste fella because it’s the gods honest truth.

He didn’t think our style of play would suit him and he doesn’t rate Unsworth (he’s a scouser as well) so instead he signed a new contract on what is crazy money for the level he’s playing at because he knows he’s ultimately going to a football league club so he’d rather continue to be the main man, have everything go through him and stay in focus until that happens.

Their manager grew up with Ant Gerrard and Lee Trundle and told me some good stories about them but I’m keeping them to myself - don’t want people thinking they’re bollocks now hey.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

You’d best tell me how those bollocks taste fella because it’s the gods honest truth.

He didn’t think our style of play would suit him and he doesn’t rate Unsworth (he’s a scouser as well) so instead he signed a new contract on what is crazy money for the level he’s playing at because he knows he’s ultimately going to a football league club so he’d rather continue to be the main man, have everything go through him and stay in focus until that happens.

Their manager grew up with Ant Gerrard and Lee Trundle and told me some good stories about them but I’m keeping them to myself - don’t want people thinking they’re bollocks now hey.

Isn't Mark Duffy their manager now...?

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

But nobody else has come in for him?

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

But nobody else has come in for him?

He will be happy stay as he's on a big long contract in a team which suits his dynamic style of play.

If he came here I feel he would be stifled, which IMO is happening to Green now. Robbie Savage thinks he will eventually move to a championship club.

He's way ahead of Harry Vaughan in ability and we know where he went.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Isn't Mark Duffy their manager now...?

He is yes. He was playing for Tranmere when it was one of Harry Vaughans first games. Says their dressing room had a chuckle when they saw him before the game but then they were all raving about him afterwards. 

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He will be happy stay as he's on a big long contract in a team which suits his dynamic style of play.

If he came here I feel he would be stifled, which IMO is happening to Green now. Robbie Savage thinks he will eventually move to a championship club.

He's way ahead of Harry Vaughan in ability and we know where he went.

Short career, surprised he's happy to spend more time at that level