MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m glad for the point. 

But my head is absolutely scrambled with the whole thing. Our fans, the abuse to DU at the end, the fighting on the pitch between home and away fans, pushing the keeper over, booing Nuttall walking around. Baffled by it all and can’t really contextualise it at this point in time. 

Sheron at RM, the videos of Frank getting grief, the game being called due to safety concerns, the support from our fans for the 10min period before the Chesterfield goal is the best I’ve seen in a long time, DU after match presser. 

An eventful day.

I think fans have made their minds up on Unsy, and I don’t see how he can come back from it. 

Absolutely scrambled. 

• Like 2

The Club Statement has been rushed out quickly and contains a generic condemnation of the pitch invasion.

I hope that a far stronger statement is issued on Monday, it has to say that, the club will work hard to identify the individual who shoved the chesterfield goalkeeper as well as others who resorted to on pitch violence. It is simply unacceptable.

Furthermore any further encroachment will result in individuals being banned indefinitely. The damage that this type of behaviour can do to the club is huge and should not be tolerated.

• Like 5

Love the fact Frank sits with us. It's brilliant. It's like he's a supporter. Like us.

Putting him in a position where he feels uncomfortable doing that is not on. 

The bigger picture does become missed if we start having a go at him. Frank is possibly the best owner we've had. 

A big proportion of us know Unsworth is a lost cause, but Frank should never be the target...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Not to excuse today's behaviour but do you not think there is a reason club officials generally do not sit among fans and today is a perfect illustration.

Note the Chesterfield chairman was sat in the usual corporate style box area.

He’s a people person clearly and wants to be among the fans. I really hope this doesn’t put him off but I wouldn’t blame him. 

• Like 1

Just now, nzlatic said:

He’s a people person clearly and wants to be among the fans. I really hope this doesn’t put him off but I wouldn’t blame him. 

I suspect he likes being on TV, too. It's not a criticism but there's no denying he enjoys the limelight.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The Club Statement has been rushed out quickly and contains a generic condemnation of the pitch invasion.

I hope that a far stronger statement is issued on Monday, it has to say that, the club will work hard to identify the individual who shoved the chesterfield goalkeeper as well as others who resorted to on pitch violence. It is simply unacceptable.

Furthermore any further encroachment will result in individuals being banned indefinitely. The damage that this type of behaviour can do to the club is huge and should not be tolerated.

I'm pretty sure they don't need to identify him.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

ironically we got a very, very breif taste of what we are supposed to be doing if we werent slaves to a system.

I like how you roll mate,

We were still slaves but atleast within the boundaries of our own homes, the real benefit was to the animal world, that thrived in our forced absence. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I'd wager that the club might have to hand out bans to fans that been banned for the same encroachment that they decided to rescind for some unknown reason.

Going back to the game I couldn't give any player more than 6/10, maybe Kitch on his 1st half performance, rest of them were shite and I don't care how they've been asked to play, basic skills like passing to a team mate from 10 yards away should be an absolute minimum requirement, midfield today was shocking again as was Raglan at the back who isn't a patch on Yarney.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Going back to the game I couldn't give any player more than 6/10, maybe Kitch on his 1st half performance, rest of them were shite and I don't care how they've been asked to play, basic skills like passing to a team mate from 10 yards away should be an absolute minimum requirement, midfield today was shocking again as was Raglan at the back who isn't a patch on Yarney.

The problem we had was that when we won the ball back we were deep and there wasn’t much space to play in. Then for a spell in the first half we pressed higher and won the ball back in more dangerous areas. Then we stopped doing that. 

• Like 1

What's happening to us !

We draw 1-1 at the BOOKIES favourite for the League

Arguably our two best midfielders are out injured

Shamefully, Frank had to put up with fan anger, the wonderful man who saved our club

HATE for the Manager pouring out from the stands and all over Social Media

An extract from a post from a Chesterfield supporter:

"Thought Oldham looked okay and really well organised at the back and basically stopped us playing most of the game. Although we had most of the possession we didn't really create that many clear chances so a draw was a fair result in the end

Just seen the goal and I have to say Norwood is massively out of order and partly responsible for the chaos there. He has 1400 Latics fans right in front of him but elects to run over to the Chesterfield fans and take the piss!

If he had just run in to our end and celebrated with our fans it would (probably) have stayed there with only a few on the pitch around him

Proper dickhead behaviour tbh 

It felt a moody away end from very early on today. Lots of anger at some of our players and in particular the manager. I think the invasion happened cos a lot of fans moved towards the front, ready to abuse the players after a 0-1 defeat.

And as for the performance on the pitch, utter horseshit...

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

What's happening to us !

We draw 1-1 at the BOOKIES favourite for the League

Arguably our two best midfielders are out injured

Shamefully, Frank had to put up with fan anger, the wonderful man who saved our club

HATE for the Manager pouring out from the stands and all over Social Media

An extract from a post from a Chesterfield supporter:

"Thought Oldham looked okay and really well organised at the back and basically stopped us playing most of the game. Although we had most of the possession we didn't really create that many clear chances so a draw was a fair result in the end

The point highlighted is bang on.

The rest of the post - we were woeful and absolutely robbed a point.  Lets not pretend otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The point highlighted is bang on.

The rest of the post - we were woeful and absolutely robbed a point.  Let’s not pretend otherwise. 

We played negatively so looking at it from territory and possession then yes we stole a point. But then again we had 63% possession against Halifax so did they steal those points? With all their possession, Chesterfield didn’t create that much. 

I’ve also said that we played badly, especially after they scored. But as has been said how many saves did Hudson have to make? Normally a robbery involves the keeper playing a blinder!

15 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Just seen the goal and I have to say Norwood is massively out of order and partly responsible for the chaos there. He has 1400 Latics fans right in front of him but elects to run over to the Chesterfield fans and take the piss!

If he had just run in to our end and celebrated with our fans it would (probably) have stayed there with only a few on the pitch around him

Proper dickhead behaviour tbh 

They'd been calling him a fat bastard for 90 minutes. He said after the game that he shouldn't have gone that way but that pitch invasion was always going to happen regardless. He didn't do much else other than the "what you saying now" stare.

It was unnecessary and unwarranted for an equaliser. Been a bit of a fixture there over the years and, with it being on TV, there was always going to be a show put on with a 96th minute equaliser.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We played negatively so looking at it from territory and possession then yes we stole a point. But then again we had 63% possession against Halifax so did they steal those points? With all their possession, Chesterfield didn’t create that much. 

I’ve also said that we played badly, especially after they scored. But as has been said how many saves did Hudson have to make? Normally a robbery involves the keeper playing a blinder!

They created sod all. Draw not at all unreasonable 

• Like 1