MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

So, he asked players to play in unfamiliar roles, in a defensive set-up, hoping their natural instincts would catch Chesterfield on the break and snatch a win? If not, stay in shape. The return of Ward, Lundstrum and Green can't come soon enough, even then, there ain't no guarantees.

I think with those three returning we'll definitely have more balance and I'm sure Dave can't wait for that to happen,

We got away with it today but we'll have far easier game's to make plenty of comparisons with the set up and player's used to grind out wins 

Although we effectively parked the bus I've seen many worse performances over the years, Chesterfield were quite slow in their build up and didn't create much themselves.

I don't class them in the Wrexhan and Notts County category of last season.

Hopefully, this tactic was a one off and we can go on the front foot from now on and stop using square pegs in round holes.

The lack of condition of the new signings is a concern and not sure when they will be match fit.

The return of Green will add some much needed pace and the centre backs may have to be juggled to find the right combination.

It's early days, but we do need to improve or risk becoming a mediocre middle of the league team.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Fair comments from their gaffer, which also includes one of the most bizarre voice changes, 15 seconds in

Haha that's mad.

It's like he tried to let a sneaky one out, realised he'd shat himself and panicked the rest of the way through the interview!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

The truth as ever lies somewhere in the middle. It was an extremely pragmatic approach to a game of football that in the end worked. 

Always feels like luck rather than good management.

It wasn't a promotion winning performance.  With the exception of Aldershot last weekend, we've yet to see a dominant performance from an Unsworth side.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

They created sod all. Draw not at all unreasonable 

Sod all, apart from the sitter Grigg missed to make it 2-0 and game over.

We were very very poor today and got out of jail - not that a draw against a fairly average Chesterfield team is anything to get excited about.  I was ashamed of our performance today and ashamed of the halfwits who invaded the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

We were very very poor today and got out of jail - not that a draw against a fairly average Chesterfield team is anything to get excited about.  I was ashamed of our performance today and ashamed of the halfwits who invaded the pitch.

It was a stinker on many fronts but a great point gained

I see it as a real positive even though many don't 

11 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I feel it may not have got as bad if Norwood had simply celebrated  with us rather than go over to their fans like Clarke did a few years ago.

• Like 1

Unsworth clearly cannot adapt from a plan - he plays with a training ethos where the result seems superficial,

tactically inebriated, uninspiring and ineffective tactics. I’d love it to work with him in charge, but how can it!?

• Like 1

He must go.

He is a toxic ingredient that the club does not need. 

I understand the desperation to stick with him to try and potentially ‘best’ and prove that they are better than the old regime by sticking to their man.

They shouldn’t worry about that because they already have proved they are better than the old regime in a multitude of ways.

Having such a divisive individual at the forefront of our supposed plans to take the club forward just doesn't compute - it will inevitably crash and burn.

Edited by GKing521
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GKing521 said:

He must go.

He is a toxic ingredient that the club does not need. 

I understand the desperation to stick with him to try and potentially ‘best’ and prove that they are better than the old regime by sticking to their man.

They shouldn’t worry about that because they already have proved they are better than the old regime in a multitude of ways.

Having such a decisive individual at the forefront of our supposed plans to take the club forward just doesn't compute - it will inevitably crash and burn.

It is only toxic because the smacked arse brigade like you have made it toxic.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'd watch that again. I didn't see Grigg miss a sitter. Certainly no easier than Norwood's chip at 0-0.

Struggling to believe what I'm reading in general. This board is becoming toxic on a scale that rivals the Lemsagam times. And that really is ridiculous.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd watch that again. I didn't see Grigg miss a sitter. Certainly no easier than Norwood's chip at 0-0.

Struggling to believe what I'm reading in general. This board is becoming toxic on a scale that rivals the Lemsagam times. And that really is ridiculous.

He received a cross from the right and was in the box with only Hudson to beat. The chance had goal written all over it but Grigg decided to take an extra touch rather than shooting and then we got the run of the ball. Looked easier than Norwood’s chance to me.

I don’t know about the board becoming toxic - I’d reserve that adjective for the idiots who came on to the pitch and who seemed to be having a moan at Frank. 

• Like 2