MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

That is a bit rich coming from you. I tried to get a straight answer out of you the other night about midfield players and you did everything but provide an answer. Traffic cone springs to mind.

Ask me again then, sorry my humour went over your head, I'll try to keep it on topic.

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You are an apologist, I could accuse you of having an agenda given you've spent your time over the years attempting to defend a series of losers from Corney to Abdallah and David Dunn to David Unsworth, I have an opinion and can be impartial but I'm seeing nothing at all to suggest Unsworth is the man to take the club forward. Do you remember when you used to defend the rat Corney relentlessly even when he attempted to dig a few of us out who had the temerity to call him out for the cunt that he was.

I am as entitled as the next man to give my opinion, others who are defending Unsworth and trying to preach how we should react to him and be patient are no more entitled than I, there is objection to him - that is undeniable so as we don't live in North Korea I'll continue to post my feelings on a forum and say it as I see it.

Amen to that. 

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You are an apologist, I could accuse you of having an agenda given you've spent your time over the years attempting to defend a series of losers from Corney to Abdallah and David Dunn to David Unsworth, I have an opinion and can be impartial but I'm seeing nothing at all to suggest Unsworth is the man to take the club forward. Do you remember when you used to defend the rat Corney relentlessly even when he attempted to dig a few of us out who had the temerity to call him out for the cunt that he was.

I am as entitled as the next man to give my opinion, others who are defending Unsworth and trying to preach how we should react to him and be patient are no more entitled than I, there is objection to him - that is undeniable so as we don't live in North Korea I'll continue to post my feelings on a forum and say it as I see it.

9 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Amen to that. 

To start David Dunn was shite. Hated him. You'll not see me defending him.

At least Corney had us in league 1. He was right to call some of you gobshites out. None of you took up his offer if I remember rightly. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

At least Corney had us in league 1. He was right to call some of you gobshites out. None of you took up his offer if I remember rightly. 

I wouldn't give him the steam off my shit never mind my time, I'll give you he did have us in League 1 and I'd give him something else Unsworth would be out the door by now with him because for all his faults he knew when a manager had to go.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't give him the steam off my shit never mind my time, I'll give you he did have us in League 1 and I'd give him something else Unsworth would be out the door by now with him because for all his faults he knew when a manager had to go.

And a load of you pushed for him to go. That's worked out well for us

39 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

That is a bit rich coming from you. I tried to get a straight answer out of you the other night about midfield players and you did everything but provide an answer. Traffic cone springs to mind.

I bet there isn't a Latics fan on here who can remember him playing against us last year. He even scored.

Not sure how you attributed that comment to me 🤣

57 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Saying maybe he's getting up to speed and isn't quite the finished article that everyone made out. Still a big step up from the below division

What, you mean like Harry Vaughan who at 19 has moved up 3 divisions and is more than holding his own in the Championship.
It’s not such a big step up at all and he’s hardly been bought for the future either, he’s not a youngster, he’s 26!!

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What, you mean like Harry Vaughan who at 19 has moved up 3 divisions and is more than holding his own in the Championship.
It’s not such a big step up at all and he’s hardly been bought for the future either, he’s not a youngster, he’s 26!!

Sorry. You know more than the coaching team. Noted

30 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Gobshites? Nice, got to love constructive criticism. 

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

WTF you on about?

Saying its not such a big step up. Comparing the situation to Vaughan. I'm more confident in trusting the coaches on him not starting than listening to the people on here who for no reason other than he scored goals at a lower level think he was some wonderkid and should start every game

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The same Willoughby people were saying DU should be sacked for not starting. Now he's not good enough. Maybe DU knows more than the people on here. Shock

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Saying maybe he's getting up to speed and isn't quite the finished article that everyone made out. Still a big step up from the below division

He’s not good enough yet then 👍

27 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sorry. You know more than the coaching team. Noted

This isn’t a DU point. 

Just think about what you’re saying, and take the emotion out of it. 

There isn’t a single argument that says a player isn’t good for level 5 but is good enough for level 2. 

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Saying it’s not such a big step up. Comparing the situation to Vaughan. I'm more confident in trusting the coaches on him not starting than listening to the people on here who for no reason other than he scored goals at a lower level think he was some wonderkid and should start every game

Do you not remember him saying he was only bringing in players that would improve the team?

In our position, if you’re chasing a player for months and end up paying a fee it’s surely with the intention of putting him in the starting line up.

When Lundstram and Ward are fit he’ll probably be even further down the pecking order.

A pointless signing in my book!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Do you not remember him saying he was only bringing in players that would improve the team?

In our position, if you’re chasing a player for months and end up paying a fee it’s surely with the intention of putting him in the starting line up.

When Lundstram and Ward are fit he’ll probably be even further down the pecking order.

A pointless signing in my book!!

Oh sorry. We should only sign players who are immediate starters. Maybe he sees him being used more as the season goes on.