MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

When we went 1 down it was almost as if his mindset was to keep it tight and not get battered, like you say we sat in and had even less attacking options, Norwood was the right player to bring on but it should of been for Raglan who again was poor yesterday, he changed it like for like (not for the first time) instead of rolling the dice and having a go, Reid as shit as he was yesterday was still full of running and would have offered a decent threat along with Norwood and the pace of Green.

Latest poll on Twitter shows 93% of fans want him gone from 360 who've voted, if they persist with him it could almost be described as negligent, financially keeping him in charge now will have huge implications given the crowd is likely to be less than 6000 when we welcome Dorking for our next home game, It's almost unbelievable witnessing the disenchantment towards the manager given all the positives off the pitch and around the club, it is very difficult to see a way back now and his sacking almost feels inevitable. 

He's fretting again, fretting again, that boy Fazza, he's fretting again.

Ref at Boreham Wood was also just poor all round as have been most I have seen in this league to date.

There is no agenda against us, it's the same for both teams.

We have to just stop giving refs the easy decisions to make like Fondop.

I'd expect it all to even out by the end of the season...it usually does.

I'm more concerned with the manager and our general lack of a game plan we can execute than the refs tbh. 

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Ref at Boreham Wood was also just poor all round as have been most I have seen in this league to date.

There is no agenda against us, it's the same for both teams.

We have to just stop giving refs the easy decisions to make like Fondop.

I'd expect it all to even out by the end of the season...it usually does.

I'm more concerned with the manager and our general lack of a game plan we can execute than the refs tbh. 

true true. we need to take the ref out of our influence by dealing with the match ourselves. theres no agenda, there might be a bit of bias but weve had some big club decisions so l don't feel we can complain. not forgetting we have had an apology issued, which is highly unusual. probably why chesterfield seems to have been quietly swept undert rug.

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's fretting again, fretting again, that boy Fazza, he's fretting again.

Only person I can see that's fretting is you Rob, if you think the money being pumped in is bottomless I suggest you have a chat with Frank, they were disappointed to lose over 500 home fans off the gate for a bank holiday fixture, probably be the same again for Dorking.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Only person I can see that's fretting is you Rob, if you think the money being pumped in is bottomless I suggest you have a chat with Frank, they were disappointed to lose over 500 home fans off the gate for a bank holiday fixture, probably be the same again for Dorking.

If he's running out of money a year after taking over then serious questions need to be asked over the authorities as to why they allowed to happen in the first place.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You’re correct. His passing in the first half was poor, constantly over hitting. He got booked for his one and only attempt at a tackle and he vanished for the last 25 minutes of the first half. He improved slightly in the second half.

He’s nowhere near as good as some here believe him to be. 

Edited by Theoutsider
Incorrect

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You’re correct. His passing in the first half was poor, constantly over hitting. He got booked for his one and only attempt at a tackle and he vanished for the last 25 minutes of the first half. He improved slightly in the second half.

He’s nowhere near as good as some here believe him to be. 

I like Gardner Myself although he’s frustrating. But let’s face it it’s not hard to shine in that midfield. 

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

@mcfluff1985 loves to criticise and put people down, when I look at at a player it's about potential to go higher, not just the here and now. He just can't comprehend that.

Tell you what BP

Colclough, Conn-Clarke, Haughton,

All scored yesterday and highly recommended by yourself

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Tell you what BP

Colclough, Conn-Clarke, Haughton,

All scored yesterday and highly recommended by yourself

Yes all forward thinking players, add Berry and the 4 would take some stopping.

Even Regan Linney scored, who I suggested to the club but was told not good enough scored again. Willoughby was signed instead and although he has a reputation of scoring goals I thought Linney was more a menace to defenders.

Although I've only seen him once I've recommended the giant Ashton United forward Marcus Cusani for trials, Unfortunately, the situation is we already have 5 so it's not going to happen.

Its a shame really as he's quick, mobile, brings others into play and showed a phenomenal work rate..and when I saw him he scored twice against Burnley's  under 21s.

PS. I see Alex Robertson of Manchester City who was available when I highly recommended him to the club has joined Portsmouth on loan.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

tbf we tried to sign Colclough and Berry

Not with any great effort Monty, reasons against were put ahead of football ability.

Colclough off the field, Berry the asking fee and style of play not suited.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not with any great effort Monty, reasons against were put ahead of football ability.

Colclough off the field, Berry the asking fee and style of play not suited.

Colclough was all but done and then pulled last minute.

Berry we agreed a fee with his club but the player himself didnt fancy it.

2 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Just that a lot of talk about blocking, so I wondered how it’s done on the site, do you just shut your eyes when you see a post from the offensive person. 😂

TBH I don't know, but I would guess you go into your account settings and it's in there somewhere, I can't be arsed with blocking people, some of the shite is amusing. (I'm as guilty as the next person for posting shite) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Just that a lot of talk about blocking, so I wondered how it’s done on the site, do you just shut your eyes when you see a post from the offensive person. 😂

yes. close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, make a humming noise and don't drop your phone

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes all forward thinking players, add Berry and the 4 would take some stopping.

Even Regan Linney scored, who I suggested to the club but was told not good enough scored again. Willoughby was signed instead and although he has a reputation of scoring goals I thought Linney was more a menace to defenders.

Although I've only seen him once I've recommended the giant Ashton United forward Marcus Cusani for trials, Unfortunately, the situation is we already have 5 so it's not going to happen.

Its a shame really as he's quick, mobile, brings others into play and showed a phenomenal work rate..and when I saw him he scored twice against Burnley's  under 21s.

PS. I see Alex Robertson of Manchester City who was available when I highly recommended him to the club has joined Portsmouth on loan.

I saw Ashton on Saturday and Cusani scored twice and I was impressed with him. First goal was an excellent first touch of a dropping ball and a good finish. Second he was upfield on his own with only the keeper to beat  and looked a mile offside.

He's big and played on the left up front. I'm not sure he's a giant but I suppose that's relative. Interestingly the Ashton fans I was speaking to were giving him grief! Another one in that league who's looked good is Luke Hall winger at Worksop. Already been sent off this season he'd fit in!😁

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

What proportion of the 6815 gate yesterday does that represent? Not much.

Has as much credibility as your claim half the gate was shouting Unsworth out yesterday.

You don't think that's pretty conclusive? If you want to bury your head in the sand crack on, I'd suggest more want him out than in and we've not even hit September yet.

Plenty will be voting with their feet as well as evidenced by yesterday's drop in numbers.

Edited by yarddog73

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Anyhow, can we talk about the main issue that Unsworth has openly said his favoured formation is 433 but he’s signed 5 strikers and not enough wingers to play his system ?

Played 433 Monday

Or the fact he’s signed a left winger and has played him centre mid ?

And he's doing well

Or the fact we have overloaded the number of centre backs we have?

Have we? Got 1 extra

or the fact we scrambled around for a right back and left it so late we have one that’s not fit ?

Won't be held to ransom if can't agree a fee we feel is reasonable should we just throw everything at it? Give new one time to get fit. Sutton did well yesterday 

Or the fact we signed Ward who is the answer to our centre mid problems but isn’t a centre mid ?

He can play there or left 

Or axing a player who got player of the season and scored 20goals in this league ? - (He’s a gobshite but could be managed effectively) 

Not only is that have got tired of his attitude

Or the fact he signed Reid, but then got Nuttall, so doesn’t want Reid, but now doesn’t know where to play Nuttall because he got Norwood gifted to him ?

Played Reid yesterday and benched nuttall

The fact he chased Kurt for 8 months but plays him out of position? 

He can play out wide

The fact he gave Tollitt a two year contract and cant get him in the squad ?

More on Tollitt than anyone else

The fact he gave gave Hope and extra year and can’t make the squad ? 

You clamouring for him to play?

The fact he played Sutton at right wing back in the first game ?

Played well there yesterday

The fact he said he wants to play fast dynamic football but we rarely get out our half ?

Created loads yesterday

The fact the amount of games we have controlled can be counted on one hand ?

Agreed

That’s just the playing side issues I have with him. 

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fondop should have gone 10 minutes earlier when he looked like he swiped out at one of theirs under the Main Stand, I get he couldn't pull him in minute one but after that even I had a look on my phone to see what odds a red card in the game was, at that stage we had both Fondop and Gardner on yellows and it was almost inevitable the way they both play, to be fair to Gardner he pulled out of a couple that tired legs could have got him in to trouble with.

He never touched that lad. Was a blatant attempt to get him sent off