MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's not unreasonable at all to want him sacked now but to want to be wrong about that. It's also not unreasonable for other people to accept that the board want to give him more time and understand their reasons for that. There's probably also crossover in those 2 opinions.

Unfortunately, there are people who just will not accept that others have a different view. And will not accept that there's a possibility they might be wrong. Anyone can hold a strong belief, but when it comes to something like this they can't know with 100% certainty that they're right. 

Agreed, there is a middle ground to have. 

I think giving him to the Maidenhead game which another poster suggested is reasonable and fair. Though, that naturally gets brought forward with every game we play that we don’t win. I’m happy to give him 10/15 games and assess the final position at that point. Think the Maidenhead game is the 14th game. 

But if we don’t pick up a win in the next 2/3 games he will be gone. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

But if we don’t pick up a win in the next 2/3 games he will be gone. 

Weirdly I could see us winning two to three matches on the trot. His back was to the wall last season with a lot more square pegs in round holes and he managed results. It'll probably paper over a few cracks but I'll be surprised if we can't put away Dorking and Oxford City at home.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Weirdly I could see us winning two to three matches on the trot. His back was to the wall last season with a lot more square pegs in round holes and he managed results. It'll probably paper over a few cracks but I'll be surprised if we can't put away Dorking and Oxford City at home.

Another silver lining here is that we have players coming back from injury. With no midweek game then I'd expect Green to be fully upto speed by next Saturday and Dickensen should also be getting fitter and again with no mid week game should be fine for 90 minutes next Saturday also.

I was also quietly impressed by Will Sutton on Monday he looked far better going forward than previously, he might we be the answer at right back that we've been looking for. This will give us plenty of strength down the flanks. I don't know what the effect on Dan Gardner was of playing his first 90 minutes in over a year but the fact he came through it maybe a good thing l. I don't know how long Lundstrum and Ward are away from a return but they will be getting closer. The season could well turn next week and things start to improve.

This could be me being overly optimistic but with the players we've got then things could well turn quickly for us.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another silver lining here is that we have players coming back from injury with no midweek game then I'd expect Green to be fully upto speed by next Saturday and Dickensen should also be getting fitter and again with no mid week game should be fine for 90 minutes next Saturday also. I was also quietly impressed by Will Sutton on Monday he looked far better going forward than previously he might we be the answer at right back that we've been looking for. This will give us plenty of strength down the flanks. I don't know what the effect on Dan Gardner was of playing his first 90 minutes in over a year but the fact he came through it maybe a good thing I don'tknow how long Lundstrumand ward are away from a return but it will be they will be getting closer. The season could well turn next week and things start to improve.

This could be me being overly optimistic but with the players we've got then things could well turn quickly for us.

Lungstram and Ward around around 2-3 weeks away I think. I do think they were signed as potential starters and with both breaking down so early has left us with the spectre of our midfield issues last season. SAS are no way suited to play together.

I thought the same RE Sutton. He looked strong bombing forward. Dickenson has looked a class above so getting him fully fit will be a huge bonus for us.

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You are giving him the season then ? Fair enough.

Im firmly in the want him out but want him to prove me wrong. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. 

No not the season. I said this season he hasn't had what I'd class as a good period of time. 10/15 games he gets from me

4 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Lungstram and Ward around around 2-3 weeks away I think. I do think they were signed as potential starters and with both breaking down so early has left us with the spectre of our midfield issues last season. SAS are no way suited to play together.

I thought the same RE Sutton. He looked strong bombing forward. Dickenson has looked a class above so getting him fully fit will be a huge bonus for us.

I can hearing that Ward was signed to play centre mid, but on the pod they said he’s left sided midfielder who likes to get forward, so unless he plays in a three I don’t see him playing with lundstram in a two. I think it will be one of SAS with Lundstram who is definitely a box to box centre mid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Giving him 15 games if it clearly isnt working is mental, that's a 1/3 of the season. 3/4 games to turn performances and results around or we have to get someone else in. It's too big a season not to.

The whole concept of how long you give a manager is very subjective 4 more games takes upto the 10 game mark and if we get to that point without winning a further game then their won't be too many complaints of him getting the boot. Then again we could win the next 3 which will buy him alot of time and goodwill which could quickly evaporate with no win in the following 5-6.

The decision the board have to make is do we give him the time to improve things butvif they don't improve then the chances of promotion begin to slip away. Then you have to wonder if the next guy will actually improve things their is a chance a sacking could actually back fire and make things worse.

Their's alot to consider and its certainly much harder if you are the ones making the decisions and writing the cheques. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Rothwell and Mr Royle have had a couple of sleepless nights after mondays result.

48 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

That’s pretty much as I see it. The next five home games are Dorking, York, Oxford City , Maidenhead and Dagenham. We should be winning all those, especially as we’ve lost two at home already, or picking up a decent points haul at least.

Gateshead on Saturday could be tricky, as they had our number last season and are a better footballing side than we are(alarming really given our resources compared to theirs).

After that we have Bromley, Kidderminster and Wealdstone so there’s points to be had there.

Any manager should be able to pull us away from where we are, and once we move up the table the ‘x amount of points of the playoffs’ lads will be out so he’ll be safe for a while.

We need to be going for the very top in my opinion, but if he can weather this storm and have us hanging around seventh place I don’t see him going anywhere.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Tunnicliffe thing has gone very quiet. I'm surprised we haven't gone into the loan market, if only for a short term fix.

Yes it has. Where did all the rumours come from anyway?

I don't think we have that many injuries that needs short term fixes, I am sure every club has their own share of players injured so I don't think we are in any worse situation than anyone else.

We just need to get the ones we have fit to play better. 

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Haven’t you heard? 

Josh ‘the difference’ Lundstram is only two weeks away. . . 

Wouldn't that be something to have on the back of his shirt, they could all have '   ' tag. Joe 'freescoring' Nuttall. Mike 'the card' Fondop. Ben 'inconsistent' Tollitt. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Wouldn't that be something to have on the back of his shirt, they could all have '   ' tag. Joe 'freescoring' Nuttall. Mike 'the card' Fondop. Ben 'inconsistent' Tollitt. 

Great shout. 

Who we missing. . .

Magnus ‘don’t shoot from range’ Norman. 
Will ‘reluctant wing back’ Sutton.

Liam ‘ the mouth’ Hogan.

Charlie ‘the quiff’ Raglan. 
Harrison ‘the fridge’ Magehy.

Shaun ‘the myth’ Hobson. 
Mark ‘steady Eddie’ Kitching.

Nathan ‘the crab’ Sheron

Mark ‘the ghost’ Shelton. 
Devarn ‘don’t look up’ Green. 
Dan ‘Mr Biscuit’ Gardner. 
Alex ‘Instagram’ Reid. 

Anymore? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Great shout. 

Who we missing. . .

Magnus ‘don’t shoot from range’ Norman. 
Will ‘reluctant wing back’ Sutton.

Liam ‘ the mouth’ Hogan.

Charlie ‘the quiff’ Raglan. 
Harrison ‘the fridge’ Magehy.

Shaun ‘the myth’ Hobson. 
Mark ‘steady Eddie’ Kitching.

Nathan ‘the crab’ Sheron

Mark ‘the ghost’ Shelton. 
Devarn ‘don’t look up’ Green. 
Dan ‘Mr Biscuit’ Gardner. 
Alex ‘Instagram’ Reid. 

Anymore? 

James 'regretting' Norwood. 

Dave'Clueless'Unsworth

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

On your travels if you find a rb/rwb and maybe a manger let us know.

I think we may have enough strikers if someone knew how to use them or get the ball to them.

24 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

@astottie that's not to say we aren't interested in your observations.

Fair point, will do. The lad at Worksop and Green at Scarborough are wingers worth a punt. Greening might well be a manager worth going for. I'll keep my eyes open.😁

• Like 1