MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

Mods, please feel free to merge if/when @Bender does his usual pre match post.

Given Unsworth's comments about the fixture schedule, I expect us to make a number of changes today. All 5 subs from Saturday could feasibly play, as well as Tollitt. All of them should be more than capable of handling themselves.

I watched Solihull on Friday. They can easily be got at, the pace of Reid should worry them. We are due a win, they are due a defeat. Oldham victory...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Given Unsworth's comments about the fixture schedule, I expect us to make a number of changes today. All 5 subs from Saturday could feasibly play, as well as Tollitt. All of them should be more than capable of handling themselves.

I watched Solihull on Friday. They can easily be got at, the pace of Reid should worry them. We are due a win, they are due a defeat. Oldham victory...

I'd like Reid to be given a few games with his pace.

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be amazed if he starts Reid!

However I'm amazed at most things Unsworth says and does so you never know!

Need a big win today, these have been going very well so far so it won't be an easy one. I'd like to see some players who have been out in the cold given chances. We have set up much more positively in both home games so far and I'd expect today to be the same.

Edited by OAFC Blues

I've watched a couple of their games, keeper doesn't like it on him, they will exploit us if we sit in as they overload the midfield on the flip side it leaves space in behind them if they turn over possession, I expect Norwood to take advantage today and see nothing but a home win particularly if we take it to them, Hudson needs to be strong coming for the long throw. I think Gardner will start today. Freeman and Dickinson may also be rested as both look leggy.

Whenever we have these crunch games Unsworth always manages to pull a win out from somewhere, I expect the same today, 1-0 Latics.

Edited by yarddog73

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've watched a couple of their games, keeper doesn't like it on him, they will exploit us if we sit in as they overload the midfield on the flip side it leaves space in behind them if they turn over possession, I expect Norwood to take advantage today and see nothing but a home win particularly if we take it to them, Hudson needs to be strong coming for the long throw. I think Gardner will start today. Freeman and Dickinson may also be rested as both look leggy.

Whenever we have these crunch games Unsworth always manages to pull a win out from somewhere, I expect the same today, 1-0 Latics.

good matchday post ✊🏻 

hope youre right on Gardner..

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Please start predicting Oldham defeats!!

• Like 1

Glad to see Reid given a game although feel his pace would be better used when we away. Resting/dropping Norwood a big call and playing Willoughby wide left not really where I want tos see him. Anyway team always good enough to win in this league so let’s hope they put on a performance. I’m going for 1-1 

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

4-3-3 with Willoughby and Reid wide of Fondop?

That would make most sense. Hope it's that and hope we let Willoughby and Reid play high and not in defensive wide positions

But given that it's DU we're talking about, I'm expecting 442 with Willoughby LM, Sheron RM