The Next Oldham Manager

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yup... time for the players to step up..  btw are Sheron and Norwood suspended for Saturday?

Sheron is Norwood isn’t. 

The confusion with Norwood is he got yellow card after the game had finished (can’t remember which one). So sites such as flash scores haven't picked it up. He served his one game suspension v York. - Nuttall and Kurt started up top that game. 

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Meanwhile, you conveniently ignore the thrashing by lowly Fylde - possibly the worst performance I`ve ever seen from a Latics team (eclipsing Alty away last season). If ST had have been in charge for that match, I think the reaction would have been far more negative and vociferous. Newport was an insipid performance too.

I`ll repeat again, rude, MM has my full support but he's surely not immune from observation? There has been an initial regression. The defence is suddenly letting more goals in and we are losing games. We weren't under ST.

I genuinely expect a very strong home performance this weekend. MM/Brabin have now had time to have a real good look at what they have got and to stamp their authority on the squad (they seem that type). Upwards and onwards.

I’m not ignoring it. I’m saying that you saying MM has lost 2 out of 4, is unfair, when you are counting a cup game away at a team in a higher league. MM has lost 1 in 3 in the league. That would still make your point, as he lost 1, and ST won a very similar game. 

But making conclusions from 6 or 3 or 4 games isn’t very wise and is unfair to both ST and MM.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Yup... time for the players to step up..  btw are Sheron and Norwood suspended for Saturday?

Sheron yes, Norwood no. Norwood has already served a one match suspension for accumulating five bookings.

It was the 2-0 win against York which gives us a 100% record this season without Norwood in the match day squad.

21 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I give up. I don't even know what gaslighting is and can't be bothered to look it up. ST was unbeaten in 6 - MM has lost 2 out of 4. 

I support MM and that needs no further clarification because I gave a lengthy response previously. You clearly enjoy being a drama queen.

If only you would give up. Resorting to personal insults now, always a giveaway 😂. As has been pointed out, you also drag a defeat in a Cup game away to a team a league higher into your statistical comparison. Well done. 

I also note that "regression" has now become "initial regression" which I guess at least acknowledges that MM's tenure as manager has barely started. Come back to me with your views on him when he's got, say, at least a dozen games under his belt. Might be a touch fairer, possibly?

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I’m not ignoring it. I’m saying that you saying MM has lost 2 out of 4, is unfair, when you are counting a cup game away at a team in a higher league. MM has lost 1 in 3 in the league. That would still make your point, as he lost 1, and ST won a very similar game. 

But making conclusions from 6 or 3 or 4 games isn’t very wise and is unfair to both ST and MM.

Effectively the point I was making, thanks and exactly why talk of "regressing" under MM is premature to say the least.

34 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If only you would give up. Resorting to personal insults now, always a giveaway 😂. As has been pointed out, you also drag a defeat in a Cup game away to a team a league higher into your statistical comparison. Well done. 

I also note that "regression" has now become "initial regression" which I guess at least acknowledges that MM's tenure as manager has barely started. Come back to me with your views on him when he's got, say, at least a dozen games under his belt. Might be a touch fairer, possibly?

Personal insults - give over. You were the one jumping on me with your hyperbole. We essentially agree! Give MM some time - I was merely making observations along the way; as you do with footy. It's not exactly been "new manager bounce" has it? Again, we DID at least get that with ST. Shall we agree to draw a line under it now? Sorry if you genuinely felt insulted by the "drama queen" reference. My son has, in fact, told me that nowadays, it's politically frowned upon anyway and I should say, "drama Llama" apparently.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Personal insults - give over. You were the one jumping on me with your hyperbole. We essentially agree! Give MM some time - I was merely making observations along the way; as you do with footy. It's not exactly been "new manager bounce" has it? Again, we DID at least get that with ST. Shall we agree to draw a line under it now? Sorry if you genuinely felt insulted by the "drama queen" reference. My son has, in fact, told me that nowadays, it's politically frowned upon anyway and I should say, "drama Llama" apparently.

What I find frustrating - (and I’m not putting this at Mellons door because his record speaks for itself) is how the players can’t seemingly get themselves up to play for a new manager. Two of the four performances have been really flat, where they are aren’t even doing the basics. 

I’ve said it elsewhere- but to many are coasting. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What I find frustrating - (and I’m not putting this at Mellons door because his record speaks for itself) is how the players can’t seemingly get themselves up to play for a new manager. Two of the four performances have been really flat, where they are aren’t even doing the basics. 

I’ve said it elsewhere- but to many are coasting. 

I don’t know this, but I get the feeling the players liked Thommo, maybe some are a bit annoyed he didn’t get the job ? - pure speculation. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I don’t know this, but I get the feeling the players liked Thommo, maybe some are a bit annoyed he didn’t get the job ? - pure speculation. 

Possibly, they seemed to like him, but they’re playing for the club. Possibly need reminding of that some of them. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I couldn't give two hoots what you call me, as you're the one playing the man and not the ball it says more about you. As does your difficulty in accepting that MM can't be judged after just three league games, whereas ST apparently can. Carry on wriggling. 

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Drama Llama sounds like something @Monty Burns would have an interesting tale about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Because llamas are renowned for their lack of resilience under pressure... Tell him to do one!

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You might be right, but the last three performances under him were a bit flat also. 
If they liked him that much, they should have pulled their tripe out a bit more and made sure he got the job

I just feel the chemistry isn't right in the squad which is why the look flat.  I thought norwood would be the "gazza" of the group and galvanise the team but he appears to be the one who's regretting the move to us the most,  i dont think ive seen him smile yet.  A couple of new faces and characters can change all that.  

20 hours ago, JoeP said:

They sound like a band from the last 5 years who became popular because of one song, but are basically shit...

I remember watching 'The Llama Farmers' at Werneth Park. No idea if they were shit.

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 1