MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 30/09/23

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Should have kept DU then if ST hasn't made much difference 

??? Unsworth needed to go no question. ST results wise is doing well but what I’m saying is our performances in the last four games shouldn’t point to him getting the job just yet!!

Why do people insist on making the same stupid comments about players and the team .When we all know the squad is imbalanced and needs reinforcements no matter who the manager is . Its as if people just want to piss and moan about anything , or insult players at every opportunity  that cant be true can it .

Anyways ill have a Kebab tonight in honour of Galatasaray.

Edited by penrhyn
typo
  • Like 4

On 10/4/2023 at 2:03 AM, penrhyn said:

Why do people insist on making the same stupid comments about players and the team .When we all know the squad is imbalanced and needs reinforcements no matter who the manager is . Its as if people just want to piss and moan about anything , or insult players at every opportunity  that cant be true can it .

Anyways ill have a Kebab tonight in honour of Galatasaray.

And maybe watch a few videos like Liverpool 7 Manu 1 was it from last season ?

And a few more of their defeats from this season.

Oh how sad can we be ?

Good though innit ?

What is this obsession with assuming just because a team is part-time we have to beat them. That means to use that theory across the league then every full-time team should beat them and all the part-time teams will be relegated, but it just doesn't work like that.

I do think professional footballers over train and overdo tactics anyway. It's a simple game just keep passing to your team-mates and put it in the net more times than them and you've cracked it!!

The FA Cup is a good indicator that ANY team can beat another on a specific day even from many divisions below.

If you have ever played football you know sometimes when you aren't playing well but are winning you fall into the trap of just trying to hang on to the win. All teams do it so just because we did it doesn't mean we have reverted back to Unsworth's tactics.

We have got to stop dwelling on every little negative aspect of a game and that a player is suddenly shit because he made a mistake.

Also I was wrong, I have mentioned before that the boo-boys would start on Sutton but it looks as though it's Shelton. Just a thought though maybe try and encourage him when he comes on, see how he does AND then decide. How is booing a player coming on helping the team? Everyone must see he is not doing it on purpose, he is just a limited player but he is trying his best for the team, our team.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

What is this obsession with assuming just because a team is part-time we have to beat them. That means to use that theory across the league then every full-time team should beat them and all the part-time teams will be relegated, but it just doesn't work like that.

I do think professional footballers over train and overdo tactics anyway. It's a simple game just keep passing to your team-mates and put it in the net more times than them and you've cracked it!!

The FA Cup is a good indicator that ANY team can beat another on a specific day even from many divisions below.

If you have ever played football you know sometimes when you aren't playing well but are winning you fall into the trap of just trying to hang on to the win. All teams do it so just because we did it doesn't mean we have reverted back to Unsworth's tactics.

We have got to stop dwelling on every little negative aspect of a game and that a player is suddenly shit because he made a mistake.

Also I was wrong, I have mentioned before that the boo-boys would start on Sutton but it looks as though it's Shelton. Just a thought though maybe try and encourage him when he comes on, see how he does AND then decide. How is booing a player coming on helping the team? Everyone must see he is not doing it on purpose, he is just a limited player but he is trying his best for the team, our team.

So true.  The degree of over analysis is staggering at times

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It is. I can remember seeing Don Howe on TV decades ago, remember him ?

He was explaining how they were splitting the game up into fifteen minute periods. He went on to explain there were three periods in the first half and three periods in the second half. This was absolutely mind boggling stuff, he was deadly serious.

40 minutes ago, redlion said:

It is. I can remember seeing Don Howe on TV decades ago, remember him ?

He was explaining how they were splitting the game up into fifteen minute periods. He went on to explain there were three periods in the first half and three periods in the second half. This was absolutely mind boggling stuff, he was deadly serious.

How would he have coped with the ten additional minutes we often get nowadays? 

Right lads, keep it tight for the first 3/11.

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

7 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Yep, also explains how Marc White can go from talking down the pub with his mates to outwitting many National league managers. 

Emotional intelligence and simple messaging can take you a long way. 

30 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It always amazes me to watch subs about to come on standing on the touchline with the manager (or more likely assistant) while the latter goes through all the notes on his clipboard or iPad. Why not just let a guy go on and play? Everything has to be analysed to death.

.........and then have to search for shin pads, correct shirt and sports bra ( or whatever they are ? ).

They might as well not bother getting changed at all !!

• Like 1