MATCH: Eastleigh (H) 11/11/23

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Exactly, how do you begin to justify giving that as a penalty. 

I’m not sure why there isn’t player revolt about var. I don’t know how they can play properly with confidence with those sort of decisions hanging over them. The ref had a perfect view of that in real time and didn’t give it. He changed his mind basically because the var team thought he should. It’s a joke. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not sure why there isn’t player revolt about var. I don’t know how they can play properly with confidence with those sort of decisions hanging over them. The ref had a perfect view of that in real time and didn’t give it. He changed his mind basically because the var team thought he should. It’s a joke. 

One thing though… I thought that, throughout the game, the England players whinged and moaned about every single decision that went against them. 
That needs to be sorted before Germany as it’s really not helping  😮

Edited by TheBigDog

47 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

One thing though… I thought that, throughout the game, the England players whinged and moaned about every single decision that went against them. 
That needs to be sorted before Germany as it’s really not helping  😮

Players should be coached in influencing officials. Whining, moaning, swearing, shouting - it doesn't work when it's employed consistently throughout the 90 minutes.

I've seen it mentioned on twitter but the ref for our game on Saturday was excellent, wish we could have him every week. 

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

The ref tonight in the England game is a beauty, where do they get them from. 

He was unbelievably bad, wasn’t he. I was still in shock over him not giving a penalty when Maguire knocked over the Macedonian player, but giving one against Lewis was just farcical.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I was still in shock over him not giving a penalty when Maguire knocked over the Macedonian player, but giving one against Lewis was just farcical.

Equally as shocking was Dublin saying on Maguire - ‘oh it’s his upper body that’s caught him, so no penalty.’ 

Not sure when a blatant push in the back became ‘no offence upper body contact’. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

He was unbelievably bad, wasn’t he. I was still in shock over him not giving a penalty when Maguire knocked over the Macedonian player, but giving one against Lewis was just farcical.

l thought he was biased towards them and bookended it with ridiculous decisions for us to hide it. l also now have unfounded suspicions over the link between broadcasting companies and VAR trucks in some counties.

using possibly stereotypical of asian betting markets, when he didnt give the one against Maguire l actually bet a quid against us at 18/1 and took a tenner. l nearly then put that on England but l'm gona put it on us to get promoted and cash it out before the play offs. 

with all the rest. l reckon the two or three lve got for us to win the league might be gone, but if they ever offer me 12p cash out again l'm havin them!

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Equally as shocking was Dublin saying on Maguire - ‘oh it’s his upper body that’s caught him, so no penalty.’ 

Not sure when a blatant push in the back became ‘no offence upper body contact’. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

l think he was trying to say Maguire thought about it but then didnt do it, making it an accident so no pen. 

which left me rather confused.

why is Maguire even playing in that match? and his annoyin cryin face pisses me off now.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l think he was trying to say Maguire thought about it but then didnt do it, making it an accident so no pen. 

why is Maguire even playing in that match? and his annoyin cryin face pisses me off now.

Yeah exactly. 

Or translated Dion- he went to tackle, tripped over his feet and pushed him over because he couldn’t get to him. 

Blatant pen. 

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l normally like Dion but l wanted him to stop talking at that moment

Doesn't usually bother me what the "experts" say but Dublin should stick to Homes under the Hammer because he's embarrassing himself on Channel 4. 

Is Alexander Arnold his love child as he consistently talks up his contribution and rarely says anything a four year old couldn't spot.*

* Apologies to any four year olds who post on here !  😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Doesn't usually bother me what the "experts" say but Dublin should stick to Homes under the Hammer because he's embarrassing himself on Channel 4. 

Is Alexander Arnold his love child as he consistently talks up his contribution and rarely says anything a four year old couldn't spot.*

* Apologies to any four year olds who post on here !  😉

he has kind of always been gettin about in that nearly club, even when he was at Yanited it was kind of like are you still here? 🤣

defo loves Trent but tbf l dont mind him too much so long as it isn't as a RB. he is like the Prada version of Reece Wabara!

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

What got me about last night and Maguire is why are we passing the ball back to him to distribute all the match ?

All those skilful players and we are relying on him to spread the play 🙄🙄

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, philwhite said:

What got me about last night and Maguire is why are we passing the ball back to him to distribute all the match ?

he is literally blocking the development of his replacement(s)

around the time l stopped watchin the prem he was popping up on the LW for United and regularly recieving the ball.

we have had an opportunity to 'rest' him for ages but seem reluctant and the piss taking he recieved at Hampden was merciless.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, philwhite said:

You'd think he was Franz Beckenbauer the number of times he had the ball. When I was playing the idea was to get it to the best players all the time not give it to your weakest.

Having said that he wasn't much worse than Alexander Arnold who surely can't keep his place in the squad as he's not a midfielder and England have more right backs than we've got centre halves.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You'd think he was Franz Beckenbauer the number of times he had the ball. When I was playing the idea was to get it to the best players all the time not give it to your weakest.

Having said that he wasn't much worse than Alexander Arnold who surely can't keep his place in the squad as he's not a midfielder and England have more right backs than we've got centre halves.

My Sunday League team included a mate who had played for Arsenal's youth teams alongside Michael Thomas, David Rocastle etc.  The job of the rest of us was to give it to Phil!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Talking of right backs no one passed it backwards more than Kyle Walker.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

His Ushited mate Rashford is another waste of space 

• Like 1