MATCH: Eastleigh (H) 11/11/23

39 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

depends lve seen people aged 100+ still gettin about pretty well. do you my opinion on why? the WWII rationing. root veg every single day and no fast food.

Sensible food intake works, I'm a meat and 2 veg man myself but balance it with a malt, barley and hops intake. 

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

He's not as effective when he's on from the start BP. Didn't have enough time, though, yesterday to make his impact but, again, you could clearly see he ruffled them for sure. Half hour as an impact sub for me in games like yesterdays.

He was just coming on when we scored.  He was sent to sit down again, so he would have been on 8 or 10 mins earlier. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, Steve_R said:

If we win them. No prizes dished out if you don’t, and the best chance of winning them is being the best team in them, and god knows how many points behind that we are

That's not strictly true. It's an extra game (at least) and it's on TV. That money might buy another player for next season.

On 11/11/2023 at 8:09 PM, LightDN123 said:

McGahey is really good for me. His forward pass to Kitching for the goal opened them up for us. 

Hogan should be the one dropped. He can’t play out from the back. 

That forward pass is superb. It opens them up but is also the perfect weight so Kitching can cross first time.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Does anyone really want to live to 103, I'd be happy with mid 90's and still walking 5k a day. 

Bloke at work's mum is 105 and going strong. The oldest woman who served on the WAAF during the war they think 

Edited by Dave_Og

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

you'll be alrite with all your land and your river, you'll make 103 easy and still be involved with the horses!

Having a river at the bottom of a not particularly big garden was looking like a very bad idea when Storm Babet was doing its thing 

45 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

That's not strictly true. It's an extra game (at least) and it's on TV. That money might buy another player for next season.

I think it works out about £10k a game (if that), maybe slightly more for the play offs. You getting much for that. If that’s what we’re pinning our hopes on we’re fucked!

13 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I think it works out about £10k a game (if that), maybe slightly more for the play offs. You getting much for that. If that’s what we’re pinning our hopes on we’re fucked!

Plus c. 50% of the gate. 

Obviously that will be very dependent on who we play and where but a home playoff game could easily see 8000, if not 10,000. That's a fair few coppers in the kitty.

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Plus c. 50% of the gate. 

Obviously that will be very dependent on who we play and where but a home playoff game could easily see 8000, if not 10,000. That's a fair few coppers in the kitty.

But no one every says how far we are behind getting a home game in the playoffs, it’s always the last place, which would mean two away games to get to final. No one has finished seventh and gone up, so we need to be aiming as higher than that.

Little more.L. I probably thought the same when I was in my 50s. But now 78(this week) and am having a good time(except for Latics league posistion). 2 knees and a hip replacement and still playing table tennis in local league at the top level and ranked at 52 in uk in my age group. Only 2 lbs heavier than at 21.

I want some more time if possible. But who knows. Just hoping we can get back to 3rd tier before it's my time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Having a river at the bottom of a not particularly big garden was looking like a very bad idea when Storm Babet was doing its thing 

eek. sandbags on standby? stuff like this is only gona get worse. wind warning up here for tomoro but l just walked outside and a gust nearly blew me back in and it not even supposed to be today 🤣🤣🤣

tbf l have lost a lot of weight after the cancer. its a good tip for weight loss but lm managing not to say that. mostly!!!

30 minutes ago, Wee Bobby said:

Little more.L. I probably thought the same when I was in my 50s. But now 78(this week) and am having a good time(except for Latics league posistion). 2 knees and a hip replacement and still playing table tennis in local league at the top level and ranked at 52 in uk in my age group. Only 2 lbs heavier than at 21.

I want some more time if possible. But who knows. Just hoping we can get back to 3rd tier before it's my time.

Gwarn lad. table tennis takes skill and speed at a level beyond my capabilities. a doff my cap to you.

Back to the match !! 

I thought we improved as the game went on, however I turned to my mate after the couple of early chances went begging and said .... 20-25 mins they will have one shot and score ... and lo .... thans to the ref they had their one shot... and scored. Once we were in chasing the game more I felt the frustration as we were keeping possesion and passing without probing. I thought Reid was having a bit of a mare but as he was about to be replaced he bangs one in (did what hes paid for). I wasnt surprised when Norwood was subbed, he was quite innafective. Willoughby did well but didnt do what he was paid for by not scoring and Fondop was ok and almost scored with his first kick .... I wasnt pleased with the result but I wasnt upset either ....... Boong Shelton on to a football pitch is plain stupid ... its just ... stupid ... booing at full time for no reason ... well I just cant imagine what makes you tick 

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would hate to be flooded imagine the mess it would leave behind. good luck.

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would hate to be flooded imagine the mess it would leave behind. good luck.

It happened twice to my mum in Saddleworth, up to three feet deep, although that was largely due to the incompetence of the canal authority.  She now lives in a top floor apartment halfway up a hill.  If that floods, the world has ended!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

Back to the match !! 

I thought we improved as the game went on, however I turned to my mate after the couple of early chances went begging and said .... 20-25 mins they will have one shot and score ... and lo .... thans to the ref they had their one shot... and scored. Once we were in chasing the game more I felt the frustration as we were keeping possesion and passing without probing. I thought Reid was having a bit of a mare but as he was about to be replaced he bangs one in (did what hes paid for). I wasnt surprised when Norwood was subbed, he was quite innafective. Willoughby did well but didnt do what he was paid for by not scoring and Fondop was ok and almost scored with his first kick .... I wasnt pleased with the result but I wasnt upset either ....... Boong Shelton on to a football pitch is plain stupid ... its just ... stupid ... booing at full time for no reason ... well I just cant imagine what makes you tick 

The one thing that is glaringly obvious to me and has been a constant for as long as I can remember is the total lack of movement off the ball.

When in possession we have 9 players  without the ball and I guarantee 6 or 7 will be strolling around or even stood still and Kitching is one of the biggest culprits.

The options for the player in possession are almost nonexistent and therefore results in a aimless hoof upfield or a backward or sideways pass at best and is the main reason we have a lack of penetration throughout the team.

The higher up the leagues you go the better the movement seems to be but IMO that’s not essentially a skill, I think it’s more to do with mindset, having the fitness and having the desire.

We have been keeping the ball a little better but generally our players are not taking responsibility and too many are simply coasting through games.

What was it Curle said, if we can’t change the players, we’ll have to change the players?

Edited by oafc1955

34 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The one thing that is glaringly obvious to me and has been a constant for as long as I can remember is the total lack of movement off the ball.

When in possession we have 9 players  without the ball and I guarantee 6 or 7 will be strolling around or even stood still and Kitching is one of the biggest culprits.

The options for the player in possession are almost nonexistent and therefore results in a aimless hoof upfield or a backward or sideways pass at best and is the main reason we have a lack of penetration throughout the team.

The higher up the leagues you go the better the movement seems to be but IMO that’s not essentially a skill, I think it’s more to do with mindset, having the fitness and having the desire.

We have been keeping the ball a little better but generally our players are not taking responsibility and too many are simply coasting through games.

What was it Curle said, if we can’t change the players, we’ll have to change the players?

I agree the lack of movement is poor but Kitching being called out for it? Always up and down the left. More crosses in than anyone else. Not having that

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I agree the lack of movement is poor but Kitching being called out for it? Always up and down the left. More crosses in than anyone else. Not having that

I did say, out of possession! Seriously, it surprised me but just watch him!

Edited by oafc1955