MATCH: Eastleigh (H) 11/11/23

21 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I’ve never understood how you can count people who aren’t there in the attendance figure. If you don’t attend, how can you be in attendance?

As it's all electronic, I doubt it's that hard to track, either.

The only benefit I can think of is that we can boast we're getting big-ish attendances, even though we're not!.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fondop almost scored after he came on with a good piece of skill and for the first time unsettled their 2 big centre backs.

Start him with Norwood and let's see if we can unsettle defences from the off.

He's not as effective when he's on from the start BP. Didn't have enough time, though, yesterday to make his impact but, again, you could clearly see he ruffled them for sure. Half hour as an impact sub for me in games like yesterdays.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

thats not even old these days with all the clean air, fresh totally not laced with clorine and bleach water and healthy food available to us. plus a govt. that respects those who filled their coffers with gold for 40/50/60 years and treats them with the respect they deserve.*

Look after yourself and that's what I did, especially where saving was concerned.

I couldn't care less about those who run the country because they're not in my universe and I'm happy just having the basics you need to get by, on a daily basis.

Oh and watching Latics ofcourse 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Fondop needs bringing on for longer periods in second half as he really does unsettle defenders. I thought second half performance was better yesterday and MM changed the shape which worked well

Yes and he very nearly caught them off guard with his first attempt on goal

I was calling for Reid to be taken off, got that one wrong but I agree that Fondop should have been on much earlier to give them something else to think about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

For the tax man. 

Season ticket holders have paid for their ‘attendance’ whether they’re there or not. 

Well the taxman hasn’t changed his rules. We never used to report it this way so there’s no need to do it now.

It used to be the opposite in fact. Whenever the crowd was announced it was regularly greeted with groans of ‘there’s miles more here than that’, and we often claim to have taken a far bigger away following than the official figure says.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Look after yourself and that's what I did, especially where saving was concerned.

I couldn't care less about those who run the country because they're not in my universe and I'm happy just having the basics you need to get by, on a daily basis.

Oh and watching Latics ofcourse 😉

l'm not getting anywhere near 60!!!! l meet people they think lm in my forties 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Astonished. As someone else has said, attendance looked well down - me and my mate both said about 5,500.

l might have dreamed it but did somebody as Darren Royle about this at one of the events? if it was 20 years ago ld remember it word for word what he was wearing how blue the table cloth was.

these days lm thinking about writing stuff down to remember!!

lf it helps sell advertising and makes us look cool in the Football pull out l'm ok with it.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Well the taxman hasn’t changed his rules. We never used to report it this way so there’s no need to do it now.

It used to be the opposite in fact. Whenever the crowd was announced it was regularly greeted with groans of ‘there’s miles more here than that’, and we often claim to have taken a far bigger away following than the official figure says.

Not sure then, I always thought it was about tax. 

I could understand AL doing it- no problem here etc. But not Frank he has nothing to defend/spin. 

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The "shot on target" was wildly speculative and could have easily been saved by me and any of the other pensioners sitting in the stands and if you can't win a few headers when you've his physique you shouldn't be on the field.

I do think he's well worth his place however, on the bench.

It could have just as easily been 6 inches higher and been goal of the season.

Nobody else wins those headers...

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I always thought it was about tax. 

I thought VAT was payable monthly or in some cases three monthly so anything on season tickets would have become due shortly after they were paid for.

The gross attendance number doesn't really count for much- would need to know he rates paid by everyone. Large number of concessions, freebies etc big gate not so big income............

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not sure then, I always thought it was about tax. 

I could understand AL doing it- no problem here etc. But not Frank he has nothing to defend/spin. 

I do not understand why the Tax Man is involved in counting Season Ticket holders at each game,  as VAT is presumably paid at the point of sale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

I do not understand why the Tax Man is involved in counting Season Ticket holders at each game,  as VAT is presumably paid at the point of sale.

I'd imagine like most businesses VAT is paid quarterly but all ticket sales whether ST or not will be vatable. HMRC can check at anytime so we have to show the revenue and that it doesn't look dodgy.

9 hours ago, Andyt84 said:

Another observation I made yesterday was the cross field passes McGahey made particularly to the right flank were outstanding.  I also heard him on a few occasions constantly talking and encouraging. 

l really rate the opinion of Baz and he told us he is class. told him he was going to get him fit and look at him hes a unit now.

l'm totally buzzin for him he has been my fave player since he told us all to fuckoff at Barrow!!

• Like 1