MATCH: Eastleigh (H) 11/11/23

Kitching is OK going forward but struggles to get back as it seems to take him a while to get his legs moving very similar to a left back we had 5 or 6 years ago whose name escapes me but went on to play for Birmingham? at a higher level. He was a decent footballer but made little attempt to regain his position if caught upfield. Kitching does try but is often caught out of position probably because he's our main forward pushing defender.

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Kitching is OK going forward but struggles to get back as it seems to take him a while to get his legs moving very similar to a left back we had 5 or 6 years ago whose name escapes me but went on to play for Birmingham? at a higher level. He was a decent footballer but made little attempt to regain his position if caught upfield. Kitching does try but is often caught out of position probably because he's our main forward pushing defender.

Jonathan Grounds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I still think he’d be better played LM.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I still think he’d be better played LM.

Not sure he can beat a man readily enough to play there but he's often our only outlet going forward at times.

I would like to see him vary his crosses a little more, banging one in low now and again like on Saturday to enable Norwood and whoever to make near post runs ( which we virtually ignore as a team).

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not sure he can beat a man readily enough to play there but he's often our only outlet going forward at times.

I would like to see him vary his crosses a little more, banging one in low now and again like on Saturday to enable Norwood and whoever to make near post runs ( which we virtually ignore as a team).

To be fair we’ve hardly got a player that can beat a man readily enough full stop but that’s another story!😂

Petera. I have never played in Oldham tt league. Played in Bury, Bolton and East Lancs for near 40 years. Have lived in Herefordshire for 5 years and play in 1st div there.

I do know a few of Oldham players as I play in VETTS nationals and regional comps and Lancashire is always well represented. A lot of the Oldham players also played Bury as it was top league for many years. Sorry I don't remember your dad.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, petera1 said:

If you play in Oldham league you would have known my Dad, Geoff Aspinall 

I knew your Dad quite well. He was my headteacher at St Martins, I also knew him to speak to at Bardsley church. His love of TT, cricket and football was well known. Another decent local TT player was Karen Richardson now Hill my mates wife. Ps your Dad was the deciding moment on me going on the pitch when we won the league. I was being good and staying off and then saw your Dad and thought if my old headteacher was on I'm having it too. 🤣👍fyi my name is Elliot Pearson. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafcforever said:

I knew your Dad quite well. He was my headteacher at St Martins, I also knew him to speak to at Bardsley church. His love of TT, cricket and football was well known. Another decent local TT player was Karen Richardson now Hill my mates wife. Ps your Dad was the deciding moment on me going on the pitch when we won the league. I was being good and staying off and then saw your Dad and thought if my old headteacher was on I'm having it too. 🤣👍fyi my name is Elliot Pearson. 👍

Thanks for the post Elliot brings back great memories of happier times. Pete

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Was Hogan not supposed to be suspended for this game...?

Apparently according to the Latics commentators, because Hogan got 2 yellows at Fylde the fact that the first yellow was his 5th of the season, is moot so it means that he essentially only has 4. I.e If he gets another yellow before the cut off point he will be suspended as that will now be his 5th yellow of the season.

Just now, disjointed said:

Didn't want to start a new thread, but found the last match we had a shite ref. The England v Malta game tonight has a fel of a national league referee. 

I think I'd sooner watch Latics under Unsworth than England under Southgate.

If I'd have been England manager Rashford would have been substituted after 20 minutes, looked totally disinterested. Too much Chuckle Brothers football..."to me to you"...just passing the ball back to the team mate who's passed to you ( where've I seen that before !  ).

Only one's who looked as if they wanted to be there were Foden, Kane and Rice when he came on.