Alex Reid Injury

Looks like a potential lengthy knee injury. He posted on Instagram his diagnosis and whilst i’m no medical expert, terms such as “tears” and “potential surgery” make it sound like it could be a long one. 

21 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He does a matchday vlog on tiktok and put a video up the other day saying their wont be one for around a month while he recovers from a thigh injury.

Yeah I saw that but he’s put something more on today, basically his scan results. It might well be his thigh and not his knee, but it sounds more serious than maybe he originally thought. 

A translation of the radiologists report:

Torn quad, (muscle also contributes to hip flexion too), towards the knee, but too much towards the knee to be a candidate for surgery but may benefit from injections.

Unfortunately that likely means that his time out is measured in months not weeks. May well take him a few games to get up to "match fitness" too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

This is where our large squad with similar quality throughout should pay dividends. Other teams will lose key players and not have the depth we have (Saturday showed this)

Southend had only 2 substitutes against Chesterfield, did well to win though.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Southend need their takeover to go through so they can reinforce the squad otherwise they will inevitably burn out in the second hslf of this season. If it goes through then they have a very strong chance of the play offs.

And if it doesn’t they’ll probably fold!

I've always been of the opinion that Nuttall was a better footballer than Fondop. But what last night showed is how good managers can get the most out of different types of players. Nuttall might be more of a consistent 6/7 type of player who will do the running and stick to positions. Which might be why he was more favoured by DU.  Fondop is a bit of an enigma - in the past he's seemed equally capable of fogging up camera lenses with overhead kicks as he is getting daft sendings off.

What MM seems to be getting out of him now though is the randomness at the right time, the aggression at the right time and more importantly in a controlled way. Last night was by far the best I've seen Fondop play. Like I say, that's what good managers do - make individuals better for the benefit of the team.